National Embarrassments - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Embarrassments

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If we feck up these two upcoming matches then our national team and manager will be national embarrassments.

And also:

Fred Macauley, Gerard Butler, Susan Calman, Stanley Baxter, The Crankies, Lulu.

"Old Firm Fan Chiefs" * - Mark Dingwall and Jeannette Findlay.

Cünts on twitter - "brian spanner", "historywoman", "effiedeans".

At Westminster - Ian Murray, Alistair Carmichael, David Mundell, Michael Gove, Alberto Costa, Lady Mone of the Sweatshops.

At Holyrood - Kezia Dugdale, Ruth Davidson, Oor Wullie, John Mason, Neil Findlay, James Kelly, Jackson Carlaw, Adam Tompkins, Annie Wells, Jamie Greene, Edward Mountain.

* © Daily Record

Jeanette Findlay does loads of hard work against the OBFA. Nothing for you to be embarrassed about from her.

I realise that you don't follow Scottish football though, domestic or international, so can understand why you wouldn't notice/respect this.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lately she seems to be be reacting very badly to the realisation that her TV career is now over. 

Can't be the only one to notice that Tennant alters his how strong his accent is depending on who's interviewing him. Don't like people who do that. 

I mind when he quit as Dr Who, the media were predicting that the offers from Hollywood would come flooding in for him. Feck all happened.

You'd be amazed how much you do that yourself. Everyone does it subconsciously, Scottish or not. There's a way you temper your language depending on your audience without even realising you're doing it. 

Cue an outraged 'not me' written in some kind of cod scots dialect from some ersehole.

11 hours ago, thplinth said:

Kilts. Is it not (the clan tartan) pretty much a Victorian imagination? 

And that whole bonnie prince charlie garb.

Seriously a real highlander would look at you and assume you were a modern day Scottish lady boy selling your wares.

People look at you like you're insane if you mention that clan tartan is a 19th century fabrication. 

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Jeanette Findlay does loads of hard work against the OBFA. Nothing for you to be embarrassed about from her.

I realise that you don't follow Scottish football though, domestic or international, so can understand why you wouldn't notice/respect this.

She's a an absolute bint though, a bitter one at that. Some of things i've seen her say about other teams (Killie included) on Twitter just makes her look like a paranoid cow. 

Needs to get her hole more.

She was at the heart of sectarian mud-slinging in Glasgow East against Natalie McGarry - ironically also a Catholic - during the 2015 general election. 

38 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

She's a an absolute bint 

Needs to get her hole more.

Deary me.

Btw in my own experience, I find that people who tell others that they need their hole have only just started getting it themselves.

Not heard it since school mind you, but the point still stands.

Edited by Reevesy

1 hour ago, biffer said:

You'd be amazed how much you do that yourself. Everyone does it subconsciously, Scottish or not. There's a way you temper your language depending on your audience without even realising you're doing it. 

Cue an outraged 'not me' written in some kind of cod scots dialect from some ersehole.

Agree 100%, caught myself calling our great capital Edinborg the other day while trying to have a conversation with a few Scandi's

44 minutes ago, aaid said:

She was at the heart of sectarian mud-slinging in Glasgow East against Natalie McGarry - ironically also a Catholic - during the 2015 general election. 

By "sectarian mud slinging" you mean when she asked McGarry for clarification on her comments about the famine song, or is there something else that I'm unaware of?

1 hour ago, biffer said:

Of course they do. Pretty strange thing to get annoyed about.

Some folk take the pish with the accent swings though. My uncle whenever he speaks to his brother in law, who is Portuguese, he starts imitating their accent and it's funny as anything, especially with a drink in him.

Deary me.

Btw in my own experience, I find that people who tell others that they need their hole have only just started getting it themselves.

Not heard it since school mind you, but the point still stands.

I see you never denied the other things i said about her though eh? She's an paranoid, bitter, little woman.

That better?

PS - Never had a problem getting my nat king thankfully.  :lol:

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I see you never denied the other things i said about her though eh? She's an paranoid, bitter, little woman.

That better?

PS - Never had a problem getting my nat king thankfully.  :lol:

What should I deny? That you've seen her say stuff about Kilmarnock on twitter? I'll take your word for it.

Was it sectarian/racist/sexist/homophobic, or just something you didn't like because you disagreed?

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

What should I deny? That you've seen her say stuff about Kilmarnock on twitter? I'll take your word for it.

Was it sectarian/racist/sexist/homophobic, or just something you didn't like because you disagreed?

She's in the past insinuated that Kilmarnock have some sort of problem with bigotry within their support, akin to that at Rangers. Which of course is complete and utter fabrication on her behalf. 

Then she was an advocate of boycotting RP based on our former chairman abstaining in the Rangers vote, whilst being all too happy for her clubs fans to hand over £49 a ticket to the same side each time they play each other (a nice we cosey arrangement between the sides).

Then there was the repeated claims by her that Celtic singing IRA supporting songs is a celebration of their history (remind you of another team from Glasgow?)

She spouts all manner of p1sh, to start list all of them would take up most my morning. 

She is perfectly suited to the victim mentality. Thankfully, as a catholic living in the West of Scotland i have never experienced the persecution that she seems to encounter on a regular basis.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

She's in the past insinuated that Kilmarnock have some sort of problem with bigotry within their support, akin to that at Rangers. Which of course is complete and utter fabrication on her behalf. 

I would disagree with that, although I was called a Fenian bassa and spat at when I sat among Killie fans on the final day of the 2003 season, so there is obviously a small section that are akin to that of Rangers.

Then she was an advocate of boycotting RP based on our former chairman abstaining in the Rangers vote, whilst being all too happy for her clubs fans to hand over £49 a ticket to the same side each time they play each other (a nice we cosey arrangement between the sides).

That's up to her. If people not going to Rugby park makes you dislike them then you can't have many mates who support Killie.

Then there was the repeated claims by her that Celtic singing IRA supporting songs is a celebration of their history (remind you of another team from Glasgow?)

They're a celebration of Irish Republican history, which many Celtic fans support/sympathise with. Not sure why you disagree. Or is it the case that you just don't like these songs? That's fair enough but doesn't make what she said any less correct.

She spouts all manner of p1sh, to start list all of them would take up most my morning. 

She is perfectly suited to the victim mentality. Thankfully, as a catholic living in the West of Scotland i have never experienced the persecution that she seems to encounter on a regular basis.

Edited by Reevesy

5 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Hiya PGB/At U Peter it's good to have ye back :lol:

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hiya PGB/At U Peter it's good to have ye back :lol:

Doesn't mean I'm someone else if they have also called you out on this before. You admitted as much yourself.

Despite this you, bizzarely, call other people glory hunters for not going to games themselves.

4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Doesn't mean I'm someone else if they have also called you out on this before. You admitted as much yourself.

Despite this you, bizzarely, call other people glory hunters for not going to games themselves.

And as I've said before a number of times, the price of football just now and personal circumstances mean I'd rather put my money in the bank for the moment. 

Nice chatting with you as always PGB. Keep fighting the power :ok:

Edited by ErsatzThistle