The Last Man on the Moon - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Last Man on the Moon

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Flat Earth physics seem to have infiltrated my subconscious. It struck me in the shower earlier that if an object as bright as the sun was circling over a flat plane Earth, then surely there would be visible evidence of it at all times, ie it would never get dark?

The answer will be it's not a sphere, or something like that. Which will take no account of diffraction and atmospheric attenuation, but hey ho.

2 hours ago, phart said:

He's been trolling us all along. Had me for a decade but had to push it a bit too far.

It often feels that way, but if we believe Scotty's serious when he defines himself as a 'Bible-believing Christian' then I think we have to assume he's serious about all the rest. Most of it is a logical consequence of his interpretation of 'believing the Bible'. It's all riddled with error because the proposition on which its founded is flawed - putting one's faith in a collection of books written at different times for different purposes by different groups, each of them trying to grasp an ineffable idea which lies outside language.

6 hours ago, phart said:

He's been trolling us all along. Had me for a decade but had to push it a bit too far.

Think about what you are saying, John.

How many on here use their full name, post photos of themselves, and say where they live and work? (Scott Paterson, Greater Toronto Area, Canada Post.)

I'm an open book, and I think that 'wind-ups' (with the exception of some football banter) are pointless.

Did you feel 'trolled' when I exposed the official lie of 9/11?

I enjoy shining the light of truth on lies and deception (and I know that that takes folk out of their comfort zone, and I also know that that can't be helped).

- I am a practicing Bible-believing Christian

- I believe in Creation by God (I reject the 'theory' of evolution.)

- I acknowledge the existence of angels and that demons can pretend to be aliens, ghosts, etc.

- I believe that satan is currently ruling this world (on a short leash) aided by an organized network of secret societies.

- I believe that there was a coup against JFK.

- I believe that 9/11 and 7/7 (among many others) were false flags.

- I believe that Jean Charles De Menezes was ritually murdered.

- I believe that the moon landings were faked.

- And I now believe that the earth is flat.

The flat earth 'conspiracy' was the last one that I looked at. I was aware of it for a quite a while, but why waste my time on it? After all, what could they say? So... one day I looked. And it was really interesting. So I dug deeper, and as I've said I'm only a couple of hundred hours in, but if I had to give an answer on where 'I stand' it would be that the earth is flat until proven otherwise (and not the other way around).

You told me that it took you a while to look at the 9/11 stuff but when you finally did, you agreed that it was "dodgy as f*ck".

I get that you won't want to look at this. Believe me (I've been there).

Can educated people 'unlearn'. Can they (for example) imagine no gravity and not have it be included in their response? I think that that would be incredibly hard for them.

As Paul Simon wrote and sang "When I think back on all the crap I learned in High School it's a wonder I can think at all... " (He could have a point.)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

(We're between the first and second stages now. The third stage (unfortunately) can take quite a while longer.)

"If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame." Proverbs 18:13

John... If you ever make it to to Toronto (and I can help you in any way) you will see (as others have) that I am exactly who and what I say I am.

There used to be times when you could commend someone for having a faith 

As time goes by those occasions become less and less 

The above being the perfect example

It's all quite sad in a way but there are many like him

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Think about what you are saying, John.

How many on here use their full name, post photos of themselves, and say where they live and work? (Scott Paterson, Greater Toronto Area, Canada Post.)

I'm an open book, and I think that 'wind-ups' (with the exception of some football banter) are pointless.

Did you feel 'trolled' when I exposed the official lie of 9/11?

I enjoy shining the light of truth on lies and deception (and I know that that takes folk out of their comfort zone, and I also know that that can't be helped).

- I am a practicing Bible-believing Christian

- I believe in Creation by God (I reject the 'theory' of evolution.)

- I acknowledge the existence of angels and that demons can pretend to be aliens, ghosts, etc.

- I believe that satan is currently ruling this world (on a short leash) aided by an organized network of secret societies.

- I believe that there was a coup against JFK.

- I believe that 9/11 and 7/7 (among many others) were false flags.

- I believe that Jean Charles De Menezes was ritually murdered.

- I believe that the moon landings were faked.

- And I now believe that the earth is flat.

The flat earth 'conspiracy' was the last one that I looked at. I was aware of it for a quite a while, but why waste my time on it? After all, what could they say? So... one day I looked. And it was really interesting. So I dug deeper, and as I've said I'm only a couple of hundred hours in, but if I had to give an answer on where 'I stand' it would be that the earth is flat until proven otherwise (and not the other way around).

You told me that it took you a while to look at the 9/11 stuff but when you finally did, you agreed that it was "dodgy as f*ck".

I get that you won't want to look at this. Believe me (I've been there).

Can educated people 'unlearn'. Can they (for example) imagine no gravity and not have it be included in their response? I think that that would be incredibly hard for them.

As Paul Simon wrote and sang "When I think back on all the crap I learned in High School it's a wonder I can think at all... " (He could have a point.)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

(We're between the first and second stages now. The third stage (unfortunately) can take quite a while longer.)

"If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame." Proverbs 18:13

John... If you ever make it to to Toronto (and I can help you in any way) you will see (as others have) that I am exactly who and what I say I am.

I might fancy a trip there soon bud, not been since 99  

I was the phantom calls, the other week - wasn't in mood to leave answer phone messages 

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

There used to be times when you could commend someone for having a faith 

As time goes by those occasions become less and less 

The above being the perfect example

It's all quite sad in a way but there are many like him

I believe that an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent entity existing outside of time is responsible for speaking creation into existence.

And if that is true, then things like the parting of the Red Sea and Jonah being swallowed by a fish would be child's play.

I don't know better than God. I take Him at His Word.

It's satan who is the father of lies, and he uses the filters of Hollywood, television, media, education, peer pressure, etc. as tools to deceive.

The world I live on seems flat and motionless.

I see the stars move though.

_DSC0191_startrail.jpg

God chose to say He sits upon the 'circle' of the earth (when the word 'ball/sphere' was available in the Bible) and He says it's motionless.

i'm going with that.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Dick cheney controls the brightness and position of the sun with a remote control. interestingly, the same remote he used to fly empty airliners into the twin towers.

The same remote? (Then how come I have 5 for my television?)

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I might fancy a trip there soon bud, not been since 99  

I was the phantom calls, the other week - wasn't in mood to leave answer phone messages 

PM me.

(Hope that you are doing well!)

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The world I live on seems flat and motionless.

I see the stars move though.

_DSC0191_startrail.jpg

I had my dinner in a revolving restaurant once. The room seemed flat and motionless, but every time I looked out the window the view was different. Howabout that!

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

God chose to say He sits upon the 'circle' of the earth (when the word 'ball/sphere' was available in the Bible) and He says it's motionless.

We are also told that there are 'four corners of the Earth' (John 7:1). 'Sphere' is not used in the sense of globe but as a signifier of conceptual area (as in sphere of influence) - an English metaphor unavailable in Greek or Hebrew. 'Ball' is used to mean something that will fit in the human hand. Of course, you could have mentioned these problematic factors, yet you chose not to.

12 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's not his word though

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I had my dinner in a revolving restaurant once. The room seemed flat and motionless, but every time I looked out the window the view was different. Howabout that!

I've been in quite a few revolving restaurants, and they never seemed motionless because of the fixed points.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16

Quoting something written by a man is pointless

On 1/19/2017 at 5:16 AM, Scotty CTA said:

At the time we were told that Apollo 11 travelled 237,000 miles (see 'Room 237') from earth and landed on the moon.

Collins stayed in 'Columbia' in lunar orbit while Armstrong and Aldrin took 'The Eagle' to the moon's surface.

22 hours later, legend has it that Aldrin got the LM to lift-off thanks to the help of a pen.

'The Eagle' accurately docks (at goodness knows what speed) with 'Columbia' (who was in it's 59th hour of orbiting) on the hidden side of the moon.

The last time men were allegedly on the moon was December 14th, 1972.

In the more than 44 years since then, NASA tells us that they haven't travelled any more than 400 miles from the earth's surface.

So, 237,000 (but later updated to 239,000) miles in 1969 using all the technology of a common battery operated calculator, to 400 miles today.

Watch the video below and think about the likelihood of the LM actually reuniting with the CSM alone ON THE VERY FIRST ATTEMPT  239,000 miles from earth in 1969.

It didn't happen.

Horse sh1t.

Of course the moon landings happened - the proof is irrefutable.

Moon rocks examined by scientists from all over the world - all agree could only come from the vacuums of space.

And here is the real clincher - the USSR. They were in a bitter and crucial race to the moon with the USA. They had their own probes circling the moon and do today as well. If their probes didn't pick up the said activities that took place on the moon you can bet your bottom dollar the USSR would have shouted loudest and longest from the rooftops that it was all faked and would produce their evidence. They did not.

Case closed.