Humza Useless - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well thats fine if you are manually renewing the  car every year but the point is he thought the policy he had automatically renewed itself and that he would never be unknowingly uninsured , so he woukd have no real need to check MID unless he had a ot of  spare time on his hands. He is a responsible person but on that occasion he effectively broke the law. 

I am sure there are plenty of other responsible people out there who have flown by the seat of their pants on occasions. 

15 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

It takes seconds - you just have to put in your reg. no. -

https://ownvehicle.askmid.com

I know what it is , he didnt think for 1 minute he needed to check it as he thought he was insured. If you are saying we should all randomly go on to check we are insured, even if we are certain we are insured, then that is very responsible but highly unlikely. 

I imagine a few people have clicked on the link you provided right enough so hopefully a few more people will be able to sleep tonight wnd potentially escape 6 penalty ponts and a fine. 

He was going from Ulapool to some other middle of nowhere place.  Many's a time know people that rent cars under one name but share the driving in these extremely rural settings to go on holiday trips.  It's not right under the law but it's done.

i asked if i was able to drive another car of my insurer the other month and they said i am unless it's a family member.  weird.

Humza is one of the better speakers.  Listened to a Stephen Gethins (?) this morning.  Sounds nice enough but lost the argument against a Tory on Good Morning Scotland today.  Heard a thing about the cabinet looks better than it sounds.  Seems about right.  There needs to be more heavyweights in the party. 

22 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Imagine the uproar on here if it had been a Tory or labour minister

Does not matter what party they were from . Is completely ridiculous to expect anyone to lose their job unless you can prove they were  driving whilst knowing they were uninsured.  Are you a traffic warden ? 

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Does not matter what party they were from . Is completely ridiculous to expect anyone to lose their job unless you can prove they were  driving whilst knowing they were uninsured.  Are you a traffic warden ? 

Ignorance is not a valid reason or excuse 

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Ignorance is not a valid reason or excuse 

Indeed it is not. But a different law does not apply because he is a politician. I thought driving without insurance incurred 6 points on your licence and a fine unless you perhaps had 'previous'. Not losing your job. 

Anyway, I am away for a night oot. Being a responsible citizen I have left my fully insured car at home and will get public transport ?  I think that is a bus  arriving.  I cant  see without my specs.  

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Imagine the uproar on here if it had been a Tory or labour minister

I don't think anyone would have a go at any politician (unless they had a political axe to grind) for driving without insurance.

I've insured two cars every year for 25 years, until last year I forgot to do one. Got caught - 6 points and £300 fine. I thought it was excessive (I've seen people get £100 more for careless driving) but I was in the wrong and paid it without (much) complaint. The policewoman who charged me said she hated doing it because she was aware that the vast majority of people who drive without insurance have simply forgotten to pay.

There is absolutely no excuse for this. He obviously didn't bother his arse checking his insurance or just assumed it'd be OK. Neither of which is a reasonable excuse. 

Having said that the folk looking for him to resign are eejits of the first order.  He should get the standard fine and points unless he's a history of doing the same thing. 

I'm not sure why it's even worth reporting other than to prove what we all already know.  Humza is just another nice but dim. Politician milking the country for everything he can get. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Humza is just another nice but dim. Politician milking the country for everything he can get. 

Really ?

Many political commentators along with his record would seem to disagree

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Really ?

Many political commentators along with his record would seem to disagree

He comes over as a likeable guy,  but not bright.  Probably a very good politician,  especially when working his way up the ladder but I've yet to hear him say anything that's even remotely intelligent. 

As for this fiasco,  it speaks for itself. No excuse and very embarrassing considering his current job. Speaks to the man really. 

42 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He comes over as a likeable guy,  but not bright.  Probably a very good politician,  especially when working his way up the ladder but I've yet to hear him say anything that's even remotely intelligent. 

As for this fiasco,  it speaks for itself. No excuse and very embarrassing considering his current job. Speaks to the man really. 

To be fair to him, I don't think he's making any excuses, he's put his hands up and has accepted responsibility.  

Opposition parties are doing themselves no favours by constantly trying to get ministers to resign. After a while doing so becomes a meaningless act and it's just another cheap stunt that really needs to be reserved for when something genuinely serious happens.

No doubt he deserves criticism though - if you are going to be a minister, transport minister at that, you make sure you've got your own paperwork in order. I do think it's a reasonably easy mistake to make but there's absolutely no reason for any punishment beyond that specified in law. 

Never have been keen on Yousaf though - comes across as a career politician. Got a long way to go before I'd consider him anywhere near a heavyweight.

5 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Opposition parties are doing themselves no favours by constantly trying to get ministers to resign.

The Tories werent interested as mentioned earlier - recognised it was a common mistake

It appeared to be BBC Scotland that ramped it up so it must have been Scottish Labour

As an aside the polling on UK voting intentions has just been released - Labour going the same way down South 

Westminster voting intention: CON: 42% (+3) LAB: 25% (-2) UKIP: 12% (-2) LDEM: 11% (+2) GRN: 4% (-) (via YouGov / 04 - 05 Dec)