Strachan remains - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

Indeed. It's only hard to understand if you're hard of thinking. 

Either would I. He's not Scottish. That's the point of international football. 

ProudScot is so proud though that he thinks the more un-Scottish someone is they should be involved in the National team set up. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 21/11/2016 at 8:05 PM, Bino's said:

I would also like to see us bring Sam Gallagher back

22, so he's not making it with England

6 ft 4 in, 7 goals from 15 starts in a poor Blackburn side

cap him off the bench v Slovenia, then he's ours

Can Sam play for Scotland or is that a joke :-O?

Its funny seeing all these posters complaining about non scots being mentioned, at least they have some Scottish relatives unlike Rugby, look at the South African, Du Preez, he gets called up due to 5yr playing at Edinburgh so I can 100% guarantee that if he scored the winning try v England in 2-3 months he would be a king to ALL Scots.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Its funny seeing all these posters complaining about non scots being mentioned, at least they have some Scottish relatives unlike Rugby, look at the South African, Du Preez, he gets called up due to 5yr playing at Edinburgh so I can 100% guarantee that if he scored the winning try v England in 2-3 months he would be a king to ALL Scots.

No Shaun you can't 100% guarantee. I don't care about rugby anymore for exactly the reason you have brought up, the game as an international sport is a joke and a farce, but If people can feel pride and get their kicks from watching this version of international sport then thats up to them, don't understand it myself though.

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

Nah, about 90% of Scots don't give a shite about rugby. And the Scots who do will probably be too busy polishing their Better Together pin badges to notice any scoring. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Nah, about 90% of Scots don't give a shite about rugby. And the Scots who do will probably be too busy polishing their Better Together pin badges to notice any scoring. 

stop speaking shite

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

stop speaking shite

I'm not. Most folk don't give a shite about rugby. The folk that do come from Edinburgh, Aberdeen or the Borders. Areas which massively voted No. 

Just now, Parklife said:

I'm not. Most folk don't give a shite about rugby. The folk that do come from Edinburgh, Aberdeen or the Borders. Areas which massively voted No. 

I come from neither so you are speaking shite

I often agree with you but when it comes to this and your obsession with "non scots" its boring and tedious.

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

No Shaun you can't 100% guarantee. I don't care about rugby anymore for exactly the reason you have brought up, the game as an international sport is a joke and a farce, but If people can feel pride and get their kicks from watching this version of international sport then thats up to them, don't understand it myself though.

Football is just as bad nowadays

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I come from neither so you are speaking shite

Sorry, *Aberdeenshire

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I often agree with you but when it comes to this and your obsession with "non scots" its boring and tedious.

Well don't have a debate with me on it then. :) 

Just now, Parklife said:

Sorry, *Aberdeenshire

Well don't have a debate with me on it then. :) 

the town I come from voted YES so did almost everyone I go to murrayfield with so again you are talking out of your arse.

I'm not debating anything, just pointing out that you derail discussions with your obsessions about a players country of birth. You did it on Monday when three scottish internationals scored for WBA, all because a guy said three scots scored. You knew exactly what the guy meant yet you still argued anyway.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

the town I come from voted YES so did almost everyone I go to murrayfield with so again you are talking out of your arse.

You understand the concept of majorities eh? 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not debating anything, just pointing out that you derail discussions with your obsessions about a players country of birth. You did it on Monday when three scottish internationals scored for WBA, all because a guy said three scots scored. You knew exactly what the guy meant yet you still argued anyway.

The discussion here was already taking place, i have merely joined in. If you don't want to see my posts, then put me on ignore. As if i see someone say James Morrison or Matt Phillips are Scottish, i'll be correcting them. 

article-2393950-1B4CA478000005DC-948_634

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You understand the concept of majorities eh? 

The discussion here was already taking place, i have merely joined in. If you don't want to see my posts, then put me on ignore. As if i see someone say James Morrison or Matt Phillips are Scottish, i'll be correcting them. 

article-2393950-1B4CA478000005DC-948_634

I assume you took a poll of the rugby crowd to come to the conclusion the majority arel no voters or are you just plucking stats out of thin air?

Nobody said theses players were scottish, the post in question implied that three scottish internationals scored for WBA but you took it the wrong way as usual. 

I assume you took a poll of the rugby crowd to come to the conclusion the majority arel no voters or are you just plucking stats out of thin air?

Rugby areas = Edinburgh, Aberdeenshire, the Borders. Strongest No areas = Edinburgh, Aberdeenshire, the Borders. 

Nobody said theses players were scottish, the post in question implied that three scottish internationals scored for WBA but you took it the wrong way as usual. 

No, it said three "Scots". I corrected. :ok: 

Just now, Parklife said:

Rugby areas = Edinburgh, Aberdeenshire, the Borders. Strongest No areas = Edinburgh, Aberdeenshire, the Borders. 

No, it said three "Scots". I corrected. :ok: 

I know what it said and everyone else knew what was meant except you

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

he can

it would be controversial though

he represented us at u-16s through granny rule

then opted to go back into english system and represent them at u-19's, 20's

we are beggars not choosers now thoiugh sadly and he could become a useful player

or put it another way, we havent got much other choices to play up front in the coming years

3 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

ever since jack charltons ireland that has become international football too

apart from the big countries who dont need to

mind, even your germanies have nicked the odd pole along the way, marcos senna for spain, deco, nani and pepe for portugal

the days of that hibs striking legend who's name escapes me back in teh 50's but couldnt represent us as he had been born in england are just gone

what i dont like about rugby is that its gone too far and counties that could be good, like tonga dont have the chance as their best players find a way to represnet other nations, thats wrong.  football hasnt gone that far...yet

weve more chance of teh international game being dissolved with the growth of the champions league power block actually

when the big four leagues do eventually break away and form the euro super league they will no doubt write into the new contracts that international representation is discretionary

= end of football

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

Rugby residency qualification is 3 years not 5, it's even easier to 'sign' someone for your national rugby side which is exactly what happens. It's called the 'project player' scheme and Scottish rugby have a dept dedicated to sourcing players either eligible or who would be interested in moving with 3 year residency to represent the national side in mind.

Very different to football in ruling and also in opinions from fans on if it is right or wrong.

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

ever since jack charltons ireland that has become international football too

apart from the big countries who dont need to

mind, even your germanies have nicked the odd pole along the way, marcos senna for spain, deco, nani and pepe for portugal

the days of that hibs striking legend who's name escapes me back in teh 50's but couldnt represent us as he had been born in england are just gone

what i dont like about rugby is that its gone too far and counties that could be good, like tonga dont have the chance as their best players find a way to represnet other nations, thats wrong.  football hasnt gone that far...yet

weve more chance of teh international game being dissolved with the growth of the champions league power block actually

when the big four leagues do eventually break away and form the euro super league they will no doubt write into the new contracts that international representation is discretionary

= end of football

Agree with all above. The players you list, not to mention d.costa, for me illustrate the slow death of international football . You could well be correct about clauses in contracts with the power clubs now have, although I don't see that being a problem for Scottish players! 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Not true, rugby is a great game, no pin badges on me. 

2 hours ago, TartanTon said:

A great game but sadly not a sport easy accessible to all in Scotland despite rhetoric to the contrary.

is round my way

anyone can go and join stirling counties mini rugby

assume will be much the same at club sides throughout the land