Strachan remains - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Bino's said:

our rivals nowadays are the likes of lithuania

and we need to do everything we possibly can to get better than them

England will always be a rival to scotland regardless of differing levels of quality. Begging guys like caulker and gallagher to represent my country is not a level i want us to stoop to. Of course plenty people like yourself are happy to pursue this avenue. 

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

England will always be a rival to scotland regardless of differing levels of quality. Begging guys like caulker and gallagher to represent my country is not a level i want us to stoop to. Of course plenty people like yourself are happy to pursue this avenue. 

including the last 7 managers

5 minutes ago, Bino's said:

including the last 7 managers

I know. I reluctantly accept that non-scots will be selected. I hate it, but its the way it is unfortunately. i will never rejoice in it though and there is always a feeling of dread when we unearth anither 'legible'. Surely though we should draw the line at guys who have refused us/elected to play for another country in the past. Actually i woukd love it if you got your wish and we asked them and they told us where to go. Complete humiliation thus outlining how shite the rule is.

3 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

I know. I reluctantly accept that non-scots will be selected. I hate it, but its the way it is unfortunately. i will never rejoice in it though and there is always a feeling of dread when we unearth anither 'legible'. Surely though we should draw the line at guys who have refused us/elected to play for another country in the past. Actually i woukd love it if you got your wish and we asked them and they told us where to go. Complete humiliation thus outlining how shite the rule is.

I know I just want to get the team better anyway way possible it's got so bad

btw, all of said players whether capped or not were English first, we just persuaded them to come to us when they realised weren't going to play for England

every one is the same from 1990 onward, except maybe Burke

3 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

btw, would you take karamoko dembele back in about 10 years time if he turns into a player and changes his mind

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

I know I just want to get the team better anyway way possible it's got so bad

btw, all of said players whether capped or not were English first, we just persuaded them to come to us when they realised weren't going to play for England

every one is the same from 1990 onward, except maybe Burke

I would never stoop so far but it's crept in and will no doubt continue like rugby (sadly) and we'll just have to keep accepting it (we can't change it).

The saddest thing is it's not actually made us better. :(

8 hours ago, fringo said:

I would never stoop so far but it's crept in and will no doubt continue like rugby (sadly) and we'll just have to keep accepting it (we can't change it).

The saddest thing is it's not actually made us better. :(

it might have stopped us from being even worse

13 hours ago, Bino's said:

btw, would you take karamoko dembele back in about 10 years time if he turns into a player and changes his mind

Whether he turns out to be a player or not is completely irrelevant. I wouldn't want messi if he had a Scots granny. In an already diluted criteria to qualify for an international, I feel at the very least if you've made a decision then be honest enough to stick to it and don't take the piss out if the concept of national competition. FIFA allow it though so what can you do!

6 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

It's well debated and people have different thoughts on the matter, but as a starter for ten I'd suggest people who've played for another country are surely non Scots by definition.

Unless they have dual nationality.  Or are you suggesting that people can only have one nationality?  What nationality is Anya?  Nigerian father, Romanian mother, born in Scotland, raised in England?

12 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Unless they have dual nationality.  Or are you suggesting that people can only have one nationality?  What nationality is Anya?  Nigerian father, Romanian mother, born in Scotland, raised in England?

I don't think my point is hard to decipher. As far as international football is concerned, I think once you have represented a nation, then yes, you can only have one nationality. I don't think that's unreasonable.

40 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Whether he turns out to be a player or not is completely irrelevant. I wouldn't want messi if he had a Scots granny. In an already diluted criteria to qualify for an international, I feel at the very least if you've made a decision then be honest enough to stick to it and don't take the piss out if the concept of national competition. FIFA allow it though so what can you do!

Good wan

26 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

I don't think my point is hard to decipher. As far as international football is concerned, I think once you have represented a nation, then yes, you can only have one nationality. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Indeed. It's only hard to understand if you're hard of thinking. 

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Good wan

Either would I. He's not Scottish. That's the point of international football.