Strachan remains - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan remains

clarky1606

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

You want to play Stuart Armstrong at centre half?

And your list is entirely subjective.  I would probably put Armstrong and Bardsley in the squad, the rest not really.  I haven't seen Barry Douglas since he left United but he was a thousand miles away from international quality then. 

Never said that I would play them all at centre half, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to play Barry Douglas, Phil Bardsley or Stephen Kingsley in defence. Tom Cairney and Stuart Armstrong should be considered for future squad selections, definitely involved for a friendly or 2 anyway. 

You could actually make a decent squad with players that are not involved with Scotland 

McDonald, Douglas, Anderson, Considine, Bardsley, Armstrong, Adam, Cairney, Shinnie, McCormack, Rhodes

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

Never said that I would play them all at centre half, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to play Barry Douglas, Phil Bardsley or Stephen Kingsley in defence. Tom Cairney and Stuart Armstrong should be considered for future squad selections, definitely involved for a friendly or 2 anyway. 

You could actually make a decent squad with players that are not involved with Scotland 

McDonald, Douglas, Anderson, Considine, Bardsley, Armstrong, Adam, Cairney, Shinnie, McCormack, Rhodes

I hope that's not Steven Anderson in there, although I can't think who else it might be.

Edited by adamntg

2 hours ago, girvanTA said:

Why? He's not any worse than Hanley that's for sure

Anderson plays in one of the stingiest defences in our top flight. Has to be a good thing although i fear its all too little too late. I doubt Adam Ragin will see it that way though. ;)

5 hours ago, girvanTA said:

Why? He's not any worse than Hanley that's for sure

Steven Caulker should be getting called up

i know he's had the england cap

i dont give a f**k

if can forge a partnership between him and berra.  give griffiths games so he can gain relationships with front three midflielders...we are most of way there

these things are all part of management, which is the problem

8 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Steven Caulker should be getting called up

i know he's had the england cap

i dont give a f**k

if can forge a partnership between him and berra.  give griffiths games so he can gain relationships with front three midflielders...we are most of way there

these things are all part of management, which is the problem

Thank f**k youre not our manager 

4 hours ago, TartanTon said:

Anderson plays in one of the stingiest defences in our top flight. Has to be a good thing although i fear its all too little too late. I doubt Adam Ragin will see it that way though. ;)

Is that "Raging" as in very angry or Regan as in Stewart?

Either way, I'm not the one who's furious round here.  Didn't even consider Anderson's current employers.  I just think he runs funny.  More than most people even. 

Edit : while I'm at it, Andrew Considine for Scotland?  He wouldn't get in our Women's team if he was a woman. 

Edited by adamntg

The pure and honest fact is that the defence needs restructuring. To persevere with the same central defence partnerships when we are leaking so many goals defies belief. It defies belief even more that no other options are even being tried and tested. We MUST look at other options be it Anderson, Cooper, Wilson or whoever. Hanley and Martin have shown to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard together so shake it up a bit.

20 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The pure and honest fact is that the defence needs restructuring. To persevere with the same central defence partnerships when we are leaking so many goals defies belief. It defies belief even more that no other options are even being tried and tested. We MUST look at other options be it Anderson, Cooper, Wilson or whoever. Hanley and Martin have shown to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard together so shake it up a bit.

a Chelsea inspired 3-4-3

Gordon, R Martin, Caulker, Berra, Burke, Brown, McArthur, Tierney, Forrest, Griffiths, Snodgrass?

24 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Dont have one. But calling up a guy who has already played for England is embarrassing. 

I would also like to see us bring Sam Gallagher back

22, so he's not making it with England

6 ft 4 in, 7 goals from 15 starts in a poor Blackburn side

cap him off the bench v Slovenia, then he's ours

37 minutes ago, Bino's said:

I would also like to see us bring Sam Gallagher back

22, so he's not making it with England

6 ft 4 in, 7 goals from 15 starts in a poor Blackburn side

cap him off the bench v Slovenia, then he's ours

Go begging a guy who already told us he would rather play for our arch rivals than us. Inspirational stuff. 

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

Go begging a guy who already told us he would rather play for our arch rivals than us. Inspirational stuff. 

our rivals nowadays are the likes of lithuania

and we need to do everything we possibly can to get better than them

18 hours ago, adamntg said:

Either way, I'm not the one who's furious round here.  Didn't even consider Anderson's current employers.  I just think he runs funny.  More than most people even. 

Edit : while I'm at it, Andrew Considine for Scotland?  He wouldn't get in our Women's team if he was a woman. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJDEX7wGQEFl9aTq4dCha

I think she'd do just fine. 

18 hours ago, adamntg said:

Aye, you're getting there.