Ticket Collections - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Collections

ATAC

ATAC has been made aware of the poor conduct of a minority of supporters at the Ticket Uplift point on the night of the England v Scotland match at Wembley.  This type of behaviour is unacceptable and we would remind supporters to be respectful of the SSC staff at all times regardless of the circumstances.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did they do?

demand value for money and a decent service?

So what someone said in a post the other night wasn't true. It appears the SFA are happy to speak to ATAC when it's them who have the complaint. 

Edited by Marky

7 minutes ago, Marky said:

What did they do?

demand value for money and a decent service?

So what someone said in a post the other night wasn't true. It appears the SFA are happy to speak to ATAC when it's them who have the complaint. 

Do you think that calling someone who is just doing their job a <expletive deleted> arsehole is acceptable?

Edited by aaid

It may be useful to remind them that they are in a customer facing environment. As I have said previously on here, I have always praised the collection process on here when others have queried it. Sadly, the attitude of the member of staff whom I dealt with on Friday was less than satisfactory. Going by the thread regarding this I wasn't the only one who found this

In any line of telephony or retail/customer facing work should you have been treated poorly by previous customers under no circumstances does this impact on how you deal with future customers

Anyone who was abusive then yes, those individuals should be dealt with accordingly, but they should remember that we pay for a service and the least we can expect is some respect in return

Respect works both ways

24 minutes ago, aaid said:

Do you think that calling someone who is just doing their job a <expletive deleted> arsehole is acceptable?

If this is regarding the guy who's ticket was given away to someone else then yes it is, secondly if it's in connection with said incident then they weren't doing there job

12 hours ago, aaid said:

Erm no!

Do you mind pointing out where you think I said or even suggested it?

i agree with a lot of your posts but you can be a total knobhead sometimes.

14 hours ago, ATAC said:

ATAC has been made aware of the poor conduct of a minority of supporters at the Ticket Uplift point on the night of the England v Scotland match at Wembley.  This type of behaviour is unacceptable and we would remind supporters to be respectful of the SSC staff at all times regardless of the circumstances.

All we ask in return is that we are treated fairly. Consider the views of the fans and not just the SSC staff members. Look at the lad who was told his ticket was given away to another member and he was then told to leave the area as they couldnt help him.. if they did their job correctly the lad wouldnt of had an outburst and the girls would of had 1 less unhappy camper. I am not condoning his behaviour and he has admitted himself he was wrong to swear at them but he offered a full apology as soon as he had calmed down yet it fell on deaf ears and his membership was still cancelled.

They complain every away game about the way they are treated but have the SFA ever sent a rep to overview the situation or even an ATAC rep? If they have then maybe a route to continue with, if they haven't then maybe something they should consider?

I agree the girls dont have the easiest of times dealing with a large number of fans and in reality we are all thankful for the job they do but it has to be a two way street if things are to improve. 

Guest BlueGaz
14 hours ago, ATAC said:

I for one accept your comments but also hope that ATAC has made the SSC aware of the poor service of their staff at the Ticket Uplift point on the night of the England v Scotland match at Wembley.  Handing out tickets to those who shouldn't get them is fundamental and is unacceptable and ATAC should remind the SSC staff to do their job correctly at all times regardless of the circumstances.  They dictated who came to pick up their tickets and to be fair, its not hard!

I look forward to a further ATAC statement that the SSC have apologised for their service.

Edited by BlueGaz

35 minutes ago, Marky said:

And I knew that how?

Read the various posts on here about it over the last few days, primarily in the England section, but fair enough if you weren't aware of it but the person in question admitted that's what he called the SFA staff member.

Edited by aaid

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

I for one accept your comments but also hope that ATAC has made the SSC aware of the poor service of their staff at the Ticket Uplift point on the night of the England v Scotland match at Wembley.  Handing out tickets to those who shouldn't get them is fundamental and is unacceptable and ATAC should remind the SSC staff to do their job correctly at all times regardless of the circumstances.  They dictated who came to pick up their tickets and to be fair, its not hard!

I look forward to a further ATAC statement that the SSC have apologised for their service.

Correct

We need to remember though that people are only human and mistakes will get made.  Even fundamental ones sometimes.  The measure of good service in my book is not whether mistakes are made or not but it is how those mistakes are dealt with and rectified.

I wasn't there but I am quite sure that it wasn't the mistake of handing his ticket to the wrong person that caused the lad to lose it, but the flat refusal to deal with it and find an acceptable solution.  This has ultimately led to him being kicked out of the club when the reality is that an unreserved apology and an attempt to rectify matters would have avoided the entire situation.  Because of the SSC staff's failure to do this, a very unfortunate situation now exists from which nobody emerges happy.

Basic customer service would have avoided it all really.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

1 hour ago, McFootSoldier said:

I don't know the level of abuse but to be able to ban someone from buying scotland tickets forever because they swore seems harsh to me.  Especially given the circustances.

Yeah i would have been raging if i got asked to pick up and theyd given it away, ffs that is so so poor. guy should never be kicked out.

Guest faircity

Not sure about the small print with regards to the SSC but id be looking for some compensation if i had forked out good money for travel and hotels to watch a game of football. The guy was guaranteed a ticket for the match, his sole reason for travelling, and due to someones incompetence it was a wasted journey. Utterly shambolic level of customer service. 

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

ATAC have gone all quiet.

ATAC Seem like a complete waste of time if they are just going to tow the party line.

I just had a nudge about the ATAC website and I didn't think there was much there to me to catch my interest. Won't be going back on there.

The part of the statement (paragraph?) saying that "regardless of the circumstances" is a bit of a slap in the face to the guy who missed the biggest match our country can play and smacks of being written by someone who was in to their own seat nice and early without fuss.  Waste of time publishing that without a "we've asked the SSC for their comments" at the very least. 

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

I just had a nudge about the ATAC website and I didn't think there was much there to me to catch my interest. Won't be going back on there.

The part of the statement (paragraph?) saying that "regardless of the circumstances" is a bit of a slap in the face to the guy who missed the biggest match our country can play and smacks of being written by someone who was in to their own seat nice and early without fuss.  Waste of time publishing that without a "we've asked the SSC for their comments" at the very least. 

SSC, ATAC AND SFA = shambles 

I think the SFA/SSC/ATAC do an absolutely wonderful job they are world leaders when it comes to efficiency, innovation & customer service. We as paying customers really have no write to question any of their decisions as they simply know best!!

If we do not continue to offer them our unconditional support & unquestionable loyalty then the terrorists have won!!!

Edited by jamesmcfaddenkingofkings
mistake