• Announcements

    • TAMB1

      PLEASE READ: TAMB is not closing!   10/12/2017

      Just to provide an update on the future of the Tartan Army Message Board. To be clear the board will not be closing and instead will be staying open and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Who Are We? We are a group of Scotland supporters who have varied skills and expertise, along with experience of  being involved in football and running football message boards. When we heard the TAMB faced closure, we contacted the old team with a detailed plan which involved financing and running the board. After speaking to the old team on a number of occasions they have allowed us to put our plan into action. While speaking to them and going on their experience and that of those before them, we have elected to keep our identity private, however rest assured we have the best intentions for the board and those on it. Our Plans. Our plan will involve a number of stages which we hope will not only keep the board going but help improve and rejuvenate it. Our first step will be to do a bit of a clean-up of the board. This will involve some downtime for a few hours where posting will be disabled. We plan to do this early next week, a full notice will be posted on the board then. Once that is completed we will be upgrading the current board platform, both behind the scenes and hopefully aesthetically too. There will be an ongoing process of board improvements which we hope you, the user will help us with, so you have a board you will enjoy We thank the old board team for all their hard work, dedication and their help during this handover and hope you will all help support our plans going forward.

Recommended Posts

First came across veganism in the 80's  via anarchism music. There was a non violence view against killing all living things, to eat meat you've got to be violent and kill something.

Not got a problem eating animals,we are evolved to eat a mixed diet.

However factory farming of animals Is pretty horrible.

 

Just ate 4 chicken drumsticks and 4 thighs. That's 2 dead chickens for 1 dinner.

I'm thinking that's a bit revolting.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been trying to be mostly vegan the past year now. Not cooked meat at home in that time but slipped up a few times when out. 

Cant see me ever going back to eating meat and dairy regularly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’ve been trying to be mostly vegan the past year now. Not cooked meat at home in that time but slipped up a few times when out. 

Cant see me ever going back to eating meat and dairy regularly. 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt driving or using public transport to when out, thus causing the erosion of leather tyres leading to the slaughter of more livestock to keep up with the demand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes ,there are some peeps that wont eat plant  life as well. Will only eat stuff that has fallen to the ground, I dont think there is a lot of them, thats pretty hard road, 'fruitarians'.I suspect that they are probably some god bother types.

Edited by Eisegerwind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegans are interesting individuals

 

Edited by Kirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a massive porterhouse tbone steak for my tea today. Get it do far up you hippies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are going vegan make sure you are getting enough vitamin B12 and vitamin D from somewhere else. Deficiency in these vitamins can lead to serious health issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you are going vegan make sure you are getting enough vitamin B12 and vitamin D from somewhere else. Deficiency in these vitamins can lead to serious health issues.

It's been known for vegans to suffer from swollen egos 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's been known for vegans to suffer from swollen egos 

Shame it wasn't swollen tounges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you are going vegan make sure you are getting enough vitamin B12 and vitamin D from somewhere else. Deficiency in these vitamins can lead to serious health issues.

Yeah take a b12 supplement and sporting some impressive sunburn at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Yeah take a b12 supplement and sporting some impressive sunburn at the moment. 

Getting skin cancer probably isn't the best way to get vitamin D.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

I seem to notice that a few vegans get fat, once they take up veganism 

Probably because they are always hungry. Then stuff their face full of carbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

No doubt driving or using public transport to when out, thus causing the erosion of leather tyres leading to the slaughter of more livestock to keep up with the demand

Leather tyres? 

What world do you live in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Probably because they are always hungry. Then stuff their face full of carbs.

aye - think one of the guys did say he was eating vegan pizza's all the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I seem to notice that a few vegans get fat, once they take up veganism 

I'm vegetarian and people are always surprised when they find this out, very few admit it but it's because I'm a fatty and people seem to think veggies are always skinny, I always say veggies are usually fat whilst vegans are thin. I may have to change this as there's a lot more vegan food available now such as pizza, cakes and cookies. 

3 hours ago, biffer said:

Leather tyres? 

What world do you live in?

I don't think tyres are leather but they often have tallow used in the production of them. Cars are a nightmare if you're vegan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, G-Man said:

I'm vegetarian and people are always surprised when they find this out, very few admit it but it's because I'm a fatty and people seem to think veggies are always skinny, I always say veggies are usually fat whilst vegans are thin. I may have to change this as there's a lot more vegan food available now such as pizza, cakes and cookies. 

I don't think tyres are leather but they often have tallow used in the production of them. Cars are a nightmare if you're vegan. 

I've never seen, even the hungriest of vegans, try to eat a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites