Charlie Mulgrew called up... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Charlie Mulgrew called up...

Bzzzz

Mulgrew is not playing at all well for Blackburn in his limited appearances for them.  He is as slow as a week in the jail.  he should not be near the squad on current form

Playing him at left back would be suicidal against the pace England have down the flanks. 

A huge no for me.

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

3 minutes ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

Mulgrew is not playing at all well for Blackburn in his limited appearances for them.  He is as slow as a week in the jail.  he should not be near the squad on current form

Playing him at left back would be suicidal against the pace England have down the flanks. 

A huge no for me.

I cant see him playing left back, though with Strachan anything is possible.

Just wonder if there is a thought to putting him a midfield holding role with Brown, like the ROI game from 2 years ago

1 hour ago, bossman4 said:

I cant see him playing left back, though with Strachan anything is possible.

Just wonder if there is a thought to putting him a midfield holding role with Brown, like the ROI game from 2 years ago

He shouldn't be in the squad. .pure and simple.

It has been Strachan's downfall that he does not select on form, and indeed selects players that don't play or play well .

Loyalty is all well and good....but not at international level and not blindly picking players through faith alone. 

If a player is not playing or playing well he should not be in the squad. 

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

1 hour ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

A huge no for me.

He's lot long back from injury, but they seem to see him as a nailed on starter, so i'm surprised to hear his form is that bad. Especially given his assist against Villa at the weekend.

This call up is another "old pals" selection by Gordon. It is obvious that others should be selected before Mulgrew e.g. Shinnie. The call up will be our assistant manager if a forward drops out. I fear for our team on Friday night, hope I'm well off the mark.

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Doesn't play left back for his club so why should he for his country?

He played left-back for his club 4 days ago (and was named in the SPFL Team of the Week). Hope this helps :ok: 

Edited by Parklife

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

One or two games in about 3 years - no that doesn't help

Seen as your ignorance is abundantly clear, the following is pretty worthless: 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

and he rightfully isn't called up. 

1 hour ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

He shouldn't be in the squad. .pure and simple.

It has been Strachan's downfall that he does not select on form, and indeed selects players that don't play or play well .

Loyalty is all well and good....but not at international level and not blindly picking players through faith alone. 

If a player is not playing or playing well he should not be in the squad. 

Don't disagree with you at all. Just confirming to me even more that nothing will change on Friday, part of me is/was hoping that Strachan would have one last go at it but probably fully expecting the same lethargic performance as Slovakia

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Can we cut out all this negativity? Especially this week of all weeks

In Gord We Trust

?

agree. Fully understand the frustration with WGS and we all have our opinion, whether or not In Gord We Trust but IMHO we need to leave this aside for a few days and do what we used to always do - especially for this game- go to Wembley and unite in our support for the team, get right behind them and let everybody know who we are and let them hear us for 90 minutes and more. Whilst respecting the host country and its people and customs of course!! Just go and support the team properly and hope for the best and hopefully our GS will be happier than theirs at the end of the game. Massive game.