The 55 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up there Aberdeen especially is giving me the deep boak.

Loads of people have moved to Aberdeen because of oil related work.

You (or I) would have nothing in common with those of them that voted NO.

(Being a bit harsh on your hometown methinks.)

Loads in Aberdeen voted YES.

Try not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Loads of people have moved to Aberdeen because of oil related work.

You (or I) would have nothing in common with those of them that voted NO.

(Being a bit harsh on your hometown methinks.)

Loads in Aberdeen voted YES.

Try not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I left Aberdeen full time in 1986 Scotty. :-))

All of this is based on old friends.

Assuming that we all believe in achieving independence through the ballot box, it is the people who voted No, or at least some of them, that we need to convince of our case to do so. What is achieved by accentuating differences, talking about having nothing in common with the very constituency from which we need to gain votes?

Assuming that we all believe in achieving independence through the ballot box, it is the people who voted No, or at least some of them, that we need to convince of our case to do so. What is achieved by accentuating differences, talking about having nothing in common with the very constituency from which we need to gain votes?

I do not accept the legitimacy of the No.

They broke every 'rule' in the book so they can suck my aching stump of fukk off.

The other thing we need to know from the 55... do they think Scotland is subsidised? And what is their prime source of information? I would bet that the majority of them still think that the UK is a good financial deal for Scotland.

It's not a case of whether or not we're subsidised at the moment. It's a case of how things will be after independence. Can we retain the business we currently have whilst attracting new investment? The fact that certain banks were talking about moving their headquarters indicates that we may see a drop in revenue in the short term.

Nothing whatsoever. It's in everyone's best interests to move forward together to make Scotland as prosperous as possible.

Unfortunately I don't think the chances of this happening are particularly high.

Guest Extreme0

Seriously what happens if there is a vote on Europe and the south votes to leave? Do we meekly accept it? I think Scotland is very pro Europe is it not?

It will be time to call for another Referendum. The UK goverment may want to stop it but if things turn really bitter like Ukraine did with it's EU thing. They can't risk facing full retalation.

My parents, both over 65 years and very comfortably off both voted Yes. 2 of my female neighbours one 36, other about 40 both single parents with good jobs but not with money to burn so to speak, both voted No. 5 guys I know, good jobs too, all No's. My 3 closest girlfriends aged 30 - 50 all Yes. For me it's been No = ignorance or I'm alright Jack f*ck you.

One no voter admitted to my face they voted No for "selfish reasons". They said they would have voted Yes if they were in their twenties, because they would have been young, or if they were in their sixties, because they would have been old, but as they were in between and comfortable in life they voted No.

I had nothing to say to that other than "well everyone has a right to vote for whatever they want for whatever reason you want".

One no voter admitted to my face they voted No for "selfish reasons". They said they would have voted Yes if they were in their twenties, because they would have been young, or if they were in their sixties, because they would have been old, but as they were in between and comfortable in life they voted No.

I had nothing to say to that other than "well everyone has a right to vote for whatever they want for whatever reason you want".

I have to admire you for your manners and restraint JB.

I have to admire you for your manners and restraint JB.

Nothing else to do. Showing resentment and bitterness to folk who have voted No this time around is counter-productive.

I was nearly greeting when I drove past a big Yes poster on Friday, but calling No voters traitors and quislings won't increase our share of the vote from 45% to 55%.

I genuinely believe that other than the animals in George Square last night, most people in Scotland would be prepared to vote Yes, if we can get the sales pitch right next time.

Growing up there Aberdeen especially is giving me the deep boak.

I felt sick sitting in pittodrie yesterday. I could hear guys behind me laughing at salmond, saying he ran away with his tail between his legs.

I did take a small amount of pride though in hearing from one of the local councillors in fraserburgh that fraserburgh was 70% yes. It's barely a conciliation though considering the rest of Aberdeenshire are more concerned with what's in their bank balance

I don't know how I will feel at ibrox next month sitting with guys I know who voted NO but they will belt out FOS as if they mean it.

I think looking back Salmond must have recognized our achilles heel in the pensioners and that is why over the last 4 years he made sure they were well looked after versus their english counterparts. I assume he theorized / hoped they would see that these benefits were the consequence of having power and not relinquishing it.

As for Edinburgh, lots of sneering private schools and a big professional sector... who knows.

English people get quite irate about the fact that Scottish pensioners get things they do not yet we all pay the same social taxes. It seems very 'unfair' and of course they are right, it is. It was done to send them a signal about what you can do when you have control. It was only ever going to be sustainable if we went all the way.