Squad to play England - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad to play England

andyD

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Gordon

Patterson, Martin, Berra, Kingsley

Morrison, Brown, McArthur

Burke, Griffiths, Snodgrass

This is probably how i'd line up. With the possible exception of Morrison for Fletcher. 

8 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Charlie Adam putting the boot into Strachan on Sky Sports News. 

Hard to disagree with what he's saying. 

I can see what he is saying but Adam was gash when selected for us before when he was in a much better vein of form. Basically, I think this is more about him being pi$$ed off about missing what is being perceived as a special match. Never heard him piping up until now - oddly enough.

Just now, Parklife said:

You've not been listening then. 

Well I certainly haven't read anything in the media or online or elsewhere from him on this topic. I will say again that his previous secondary run in the side hardly yelled out that he was meritous of a long run in the side and that was when he was in a far better run of form.

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Well I certainly haven't read anything in the media or online or elsewhere from him on this topic. I will say again that his previous secondary run in the side hardly yelled out that he was meritous of a long run in the side and that was when he was in a far better run of form.

He said something similar a couple of months ago, think it may been in 5 live as well. Edited to add, from June -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlie-adam-baffled-gordon-strachans-8166188

Agree with your initial comments. I can see what he's saying and to be fair to him he did mention others that are playing but yet nowhere near the squad but his form for us bar once half v Spain has been questionable.

Edited by bossman4

2 minutes ago, irish said:

Did Adam feature much in the last campaign or was he injured?

If he's fit and playing he should at least be in the squad given his passing and ability at set pieces.

Was in a couple of squads, last time he played was friendly v Qatar in May 2015, was an unused sub against you guys at the Aviva, which was his last involvement

Edited by bossman4

3 minutes ago, irish said:

Did Adam feature much in the last campaign or was he injured?

If he's fit and playing he should at least be in the squad given his passing and ability at set pieces.

That was the same rhetoric from our own fans a few years ago when he was in much better form. He got his chances and failed to add anything extra to the side and fell out of favour. 

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

True, but who has "yelled out that he was meritous of a long run in the side"? Absoluetly no-one.

He plays fairly regularly in the the EPL and all he was saying was that he considers himself worthy of a squad place. Also teed up by the media to moan about browns de-retirement...... which he was happy to do, and quite right as is a "look at me" move by brown ...... although if brown wins us the game it will be well worth it.

4 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Was in a couple of squads, last time he played was friendly v Qatar in May 2015, was an unused sub you guys at the Aviva, which was his last involvement

We're well covered in midfield but I think Adam would probably still get into our squad. O'Neill would probably play him in a deep position.

Would you be hoping for a draw between Slovakia & Lithuania? I'd say that'd be the best result for Scotland so no one's running away with second place.

Edited by irish

Just now, ger intae them said:

True, but who has "yelled out that he was meritous of a long run in the side"? Absoluetly no-one.

He plays fairly regularly in the the EPL and all he was saying was that he considers himself worthy of a squad place. Also teed up by the media to moan about browns de-retirement...... which he was happy to do, and quite right as is a "look at me" move by brown ...... although if brown wins us the game it will be well worth it.

I am not in favour of Brown's return either but that is done now. Thing is with Adam is this is like deja vu. Fans backing him for a call-up and recall as was the case a few years ago (then pointing to far better league form) and then after a fair few lack-lustre displays they were happy (or at lease far from peeved) when he was axed. Now we are at the same stage again so why is it going to be any different this time when Adam is not in as good form as he was then?

1 minute ago, irish said:

We're well covered in midfield but I think Adam would probably still get into our squad. O'Neill would probably play him in a deep position.

Would you be hoping for a draw between Slovakia & Lithuania? I'd say that'd be the best result for Scotland so no one's running away with second place.

He probably would get in your squad, like he would the NI squad probably. Same could be said about Jordan Rhodes (well a few months ago anyway)

Yes Slovakia/Lithuania draw would be good for us and I'm not convinced Slovenia will have it as easy in Malta as we did. I don't think anyone will in the remainder of the group to be honest. They (Malta) will take a point or 2 off someone at home, somewhere down the line.

A defeat on Friday certainly doesn't put is out of the running for second place, once a new man comes in with 4 homes games next year we may be able to salvage it, though I suspect the worst 2nd place could come from our group. I suppose this weekends results could determine that. I'm convinced GS will walk away no matter what happens on Friday.

30 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

That was the same rhetoric from our own fans a few years ago when he was in much better form. He got his chances and failed to add anything extra to the side and fell out of favour. 

:lol: 

Come on now. If we're going through the "they've had a chance and done hee haw" route then i'll expect Ritchie, Bannan, C. Martin & S. Fletcher all to be jettisoned too. You could also add a whole host of others who haven't played well in a long time. 

He should be in the squad IMO. 

17 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

He probably would get in your squad, like he would the NI squad probably. Same could be said about Jordan Rhodes (well a few months ago anyway)

Yes Slovakia/Lithuania draw would be good for us and I'm not convinced Slovenia will have it as easy in Malta as we did. I don't think anyone will in the remainder of the group to be honest. They (Malta) will take a point or 2 off someone at home, somewhere down the line.

A defeat on Friday certainly doesn't put is out of the running for second place, once a new man comes in with 4 homes games next year we may be able to salvage it, though I suspect the worst 2nd place could come from our group. I suppose this weekends results could determine that. I'm convinced GS will walk away no matter what happens on Friday.

Believe me Stephen Hawking could get in our squad given our forward options for Austria away on Saturday.

Long is a huge loss who can take the pressure off the defence in these type of back to the wall matches. Like youselves we're in big trouble up front and defensively with Clark & Duffy.

Either our group given the evenness of the teams and your group will be one of the two groups with the second worst placed team.

Slovenia might struggle against Malta away but I think Scotland will have a tough time away to them. They missed some amount of chances against England and should've beaten them.

7 minutes ago, irish said:

Is he gone lads if Scotland lose badly?

If they lose but have put up a good fight/unlucky to not draw, would that be enough to save him?

Loose, not matter how unlucky he goes, no doubt. Will probably resign post match on Friday.

There was some chat on Radio Scotland last night that some think he will go even if we win.

Edited by bossman4