All wear poppies at Wembley ? - Page 2 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

All wear poppies at Wembley ?

Magnum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Seriously. Who actually gives a fvck. If you choose to wear one good for you,don't try and force it on everyone that chooses not to. 

You're post is exactly what you're moaning about,Fifa said no,you say yes. 

Just wear one for fvcks sake and don't try and force your beliefs down other people's throats. 

This place is going rapidly downhill with the same continuous pish being posted all over the place. 

Easy tiger, I don't think he was trying to force anything on you. He didn't say we must all wear one or you aren't Scottish type of thing. He merely suggested that if we all wear one it would be an 'up yours' to FIFA. Now whether you believe they deserve that or not is a different matter but give the guy a break! What I think is bad about forums like this is that people are so quick to rant at others who are merely giving their opinion or suggesting things. (No problem ranting when someone TELLS or DEMANDS that you do something/don't do something etc.)

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

"I have to say to Fifa that before they start telling us what to do they jolly well ought to sort their own house out."

:lol:

Yeah, who do FIFA think they are. Making up the rules for the competitions they run! The bloody well cheek of it. Don't they know we invented football?!?! 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, who do FIFA think they are. Making up the rules for the competitions they run! The bloody well cheek of it. Don't they know we invented football?!?! 

To be fair, WTF is wrong with the world when the prime minister is being asked about this.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Minutes silence then 15,000 booing fcuk out GSTQ.

Oh the joys.

There's bound to be faux outrage about booing the anthems.  

Anger at people not wearing poppies.

Anger at people being forced to wear one.

People singing songs that aren't conducive to the public good. 

A good old proper Rivalry has been all but banned by the hashtag offended generation.

can I be first to wish everyone a happy winterval. ?

Well i think i would be more interested in what i am going to wear to keep warm, was going to wear my duffel coat but fifa may think it a political statement as a duffel coat is usually associated with left wing politics, and MONTY. Looks like shorts and t shirt for me.

Edited by washboarder

2 hours ago, Chris frae Killie said:

Easy tiger, I don't think he was trying to force anything on you. He didn't say we must all wear one or you aren't Scottish type of thing. He merely suggested that if we all wear one it would be an 'up yours' to FIFA. Now whether you believe they deserve that or not is a different matter but give the guy a break! What I think is bad about forums like this is that people are so quick to rant at others who are merely giving their opinion or suggesting things. (No problem ranting when someone TELLS or DEMANDS that you do something/don't do something etc.)

I know what he suggested,but a bigger up yours to FIFA would be to not attend their games about ridiculous ko times etc,not have a poppy fest at a game of football. 

Im sure if everyone wore a poppy to the game,FIFA really wouldn't give a flying fvck. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I know what he suggested,but a bigger up yours to FIFA would be to not attend their games about ridiculous ko times etc,not have a poppy fest at a game of football. 

Im sure if everyone wore a poppy to the game,FIFA really wouldn't give a flying fvck. 

:ok:

I respect ALL who have died in war irrespective of which side they are on, but I don't wear an Earl Haig fund or RBL poppy. I wear the white peace poppy, the symbol of the Peace Pledge Union, formed by the wives of those who gave their lives on all sides in the 1st World War. So, I'll be wearing that.

1 hour ago, WirralHabbie said:

I respect ALL who have died in war irrespective of which side they are on, but I don't wear an Earl Haig fund or RBL poppy. I wear the white peace poppy, the symbol of the Peace Pledge Union, formed by the wives of those who gave their lives on all sides in the 1st World War. So, I'll be wearing that.

:ok:

It's always good to come across a fellow wearer of the white poppy.

2 minutes ago, podgers1903 said:

Just a wee stat for you. Betweem the years 1945-2010 there have been 7 Scotland or England games that have fallen on rememberance weekend. Not one game has poppie been on shirts. 

Scotland v England 13th November 1999 is a perfect example 

Aye but there wasn't Facebook and fans forums werent as easily accessible for most people so the look at me brigade couldn't get in their high horse 

8 minutes ago, podgers1903 said:

Just a wee stat for you. Betweem the years 1945-2010 there have been 7 Scotland or England games that have fallen on rememberance weekend. Not one game has poppie been on shirts. 

Scotland v England 13th November 1999 is a perfect example 

Any on Armistice Day itself?

J

20 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Seriously. Who actually gives a fvck. If you choose to wear one good for you,don't try and force it on everyone that chooses not to. 

You're post is exactly what you're moaning about,Fifa said no,you say yes. 

Just wear one for fvcks sake and don't try and force your beliefs down other people's throats. 

This place is going rapidly downhill with the same continuous pish being posted all over the place. 

Correct.

21 hours ago, Magnum said:

What planet are FIFA on, when they will not accept that the wearing of a poppy on Armistice Day, is NOT a political statement !

Regardless of your feelings on war, whether it is glorious or futile, the wearing of the Poppy is simply a mark of respect for those that have lost their lives in armed conflict for the last 100 years or so.

I feel it would a 2 fingers up to the FIFA decision, if all the supporters, on both sides, were to wear a poppy, purely as a mark of respect ! Let's turn Wembley into a sea of red poppies, next Friday ?

Can you not see the irony in your post ?