Should The Yes Campaign Continue. - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should The Yes Campaign Continue.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can pay £1 a month or as much as you want.

Ok kool it's the donation option then cheers buddy looks like there is going to be at least 1 new member and once I've talked to my folks I can see there being 2 more with more to follow knowing them. The must have been doing something good back home as they got invited to the yes campaign party tonight even though they hadn't signed up just 2 older people doing what they could

I don't understand that. There's nae point now.

I thought I'd feel this way and I know you are hurting.

I feel the other way now.

We, 1.6million people voted yes - it would have been enough if it was 80% or less turnout.

Everyone in Yes is hurting - we all need to put our money where our mouth is and back them all, support them and we need to work together. Radical Independence's November conference is already sold out, National Collective are going to keep going, Bella are too.

We don't give up at all.

The SNP had 5000 more new members in the space of 30 hrs today at lunch time, I'm guessing by the end of the week that'll be over 10k at least.

The Lib Dems have around 40000 members, the SNP now 30000.

I'm not saying join the SNP, but 'grieve' if that is the word - I have and still am, but I am so determinted more than ever now to not give up and keep going.

4 pals of mine - 2 have joined the SNP, 1 the Greens and the other is planning on joining the SSP. We all keep going and we support each other and if that is through membership or simply turning out on election day and voting tactically e.g SNP for Westminister, and then give the Greens/SSP/and whatever new movements arise as parties on the list vote.

I'm gutted alright, but let's keep going.

So many of us are not giving up. Come join us.

There's every point! We're not going away, no chance. They've treated the democratic process with absolute disrespect, from ignoring purdah to getting their big business chums to try and scare people into voting no, to making promises on extra powers that they have no idea if thy can actually guarantee. Alex Salmond has resigned because as part of the Embra agreement "he" had to give his word not to call another referendum for a generation, he said that the new leader would not be bound by that. There are a lot of irregularities about the vote itself. We've already got a lot of folk coming out and saying they regret voting no, we keep fighting.

I admire your fight, boys, but I'm done.

we get a Yes coalition to fight the Westminster barstewards at the next general election. if we can gain 20 plus seats, we could hold balance of power. This could enable us to wield some decent bargaining power, that coupled with a further SNP/Green government the following year, would lead to another referendum 2018/19

Already have, WeeKevie.

The genie is out the bottle. And will not be put away. Having cleared my head and thought it through, we were only 200,000 votes away from making history. Despite what Cameron has said about no re-runs etc, the result was not decisive enough to make this question go away for ever. My immediate thought yesterday that we would not get the opportunity for a lifetime. But what has encouraged me that the spadework done by Eck and Nicola Sturgeon has turned the SNP into an electoral force. All the encouragement I need to join up, get involved and try and spread the gospel where time allows. And if Quebec can get two cracks at it then why can't we?

I await Clydebank SNP's call to arms!

Flora - have a couple of Dino Zoff's, clear your head and think things through big man. I am officially ignoring your text of earlier this evening.

You are a good man. It's tough at the moment, really tough after all that has happened. But deep down you know that the fight is still there. Get the chin up and continue the fight. That's what the bastards want in seeing you deflated like this. Rise above the fuckers and let's continue to fight the good fight and show the bastards up for what they are.

Common Weal, Radical Indy, Women for Independence, Business for Scotland, National Collective, SSP, Greens and SNP should all be part of YesAlliance.

The naivety is gone.

The blind optimism behind the idea that we could take on the British State at their game and win is over.

Jedis return you Empire s