This Weekends Games - Page 61 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st time I've seen Andrew Dallas referee I think.

Can only assume he's done no courses and been handed a kit and whistle based on his surname.

Beyond hopeless today and both teams will be annoyed by decisions - mostly Aberdeen though.

2-1 scoreline flattered Accies with the Dons in almost total control . That said Lewis made an impressive save at 1-1. 

Good performance by Kenny McLean and probably deserved his MOTM award. 

1 hour ago, AberdeenAngus said:

1st time I've seen Andrew Dallas referee I think.

Can only assume he's done no courses and been handed a kit and whistle based on his surname.

Beyond hopeless today and both teams will be annoyed by decisions - mostly Aberdeen though.

2-1 scoreline flattered Accies with the Dons in almost total control . That said Lewis made an impressive save at 1-1. 

Good performance by Kenny McLean and probably deserved his MOTM award. 

Dons could have scored 9 in the first half. Second half we still dominated but created fewer chances.

The penalty was such a ridiculous joke that it's almost not worth commenting on. Dallas perceived what he was thought was going to happen and ignored what actually happened. 

Another power happy wee Hitler promoted beyond his ability. 

The Maddison booking was beyond ridiculous. Hacked down by 2 hammer throwers as he ripped the pish out of them....he'll leave Scottish football soon, and rightly so. Who wants to stay in a game where the talented are vilified and the talentless that play for shite like Hamilton, Motherwell and Plastic Whistle are rewarded ?

12 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

2-0 hearts. Hearts fans apparently singing to Kris void : "f@cked by a laptop, you're getting f@cked by a laptop" 

:lol:

:lol::lol: Great chant, 3-0 and just subbed, poor old Boyd, must need a packet of monster munch soon.

9 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Dons could have scored 9 in the first half. Second half we still dominated but created fewer chances.

The penalty was such a ridiculous joke that it's almost not worth commenting on. Dallas perceived what he was thought was going to happen and ignored what actually happened. 

Another power happy wee Hitler promoted beyond his ability. 

The Maddison booking was beyond ridiculous. Hacked down by 2 hammer throwers as he ripped the pish out of them....he'll leave Scottish football soon, and rightly so. Who wants to stay in a game where the talented are vilified and the talentless that play for shite like Hamilton, Motherwell and Plastic Whistle are rewarded ?

That's never ever, in anyway, a question. ;) 

1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

Hearts fans claiming they wanted to boo boydy but he never controlled the ball long enough. Stinking. 

He never needed time to control the ball when bursting the net to be by far the all time spl top goalscorer.  Just burst the net now and again.  Only Larsson in my memory comes close by about 30 goals behind I think.  But mock our own.  We always do. Scotland.

13 minutes ago, Fermer said:

He never needed time to control the ball when bursting the net to be by far the all time spl top goalscorer.  Just burst the net now and again.  Only Larsson in my memory comes close by about 30 goals behind I think.  But mock our own.  We always do. Scotland.

I'll mock our own if they shout their mouth off criticising others. Boyd may have scored goals for teams that created chances for him but he's a very limited footballer. Always has been. To even mention him with Larsson is a joke.

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

I'll mock our own if they shout their mouth off criticising others. Boyd may have scored goals for teams that created chances for him but he's a very limited footballer. Always has been. To even mention him with Larsson is a joke.

I mentioned Larsson as Larsson is second top scorer ever in SPL.   No joke pal.  Boyd was a striker paid to score goals which he did.  Argue all about his ability if you want.  He did the job he was paid for and better than anyone else since advent of SPL.  So there is no need to argue is there? 

11 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

So you can shout your mouth off and criticise him (and others, players I mean).  But Boyd, the highest scorer in SPL ever isnt allowed an opinion, even if it is a critcism?  Is it just fans allowed an opinion?  No in my book.  I am not saying this because it's Boyd.  I back the right for likes of Chris Sutton to have an opinion/criticism on game/players/managers.  Same with Miller Mcleish blah blah.  It seems for you players/ex players arent allowed that.  Unless it suits your opinion maybe?

3 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I mentioned Larsson as Larsson is second top scorer ever in SPL.   No joke pal.  Boyd was a striker paid to score goals which he did.  Argue all about his ability if you want.  He did the job he was paid for and better than anyone else since advent of SPL.  So there is no need to argue is there? 

No argument on that. He scored plenty for a rangers team stuffed with ebt funded stars laying chances on a plate for him against cannon fodder opposition.  Though he failed down south spectacularly. Technically he isn't qualified to lace Larsson's boots.

No argument on that. He scored plenty for a rangers team stuffed with ebt funded stars laying chances on a plate for him against cannon fodder opposition.  Though he failed down south spectacularly. Technically he isn't qualified to lace Larsson's boots.

Failed down south, Failed as an Internationalist. Failed as a European player. Great when given 800 chances a season in a team that cost millions.

He's a fat Leigh Griffiths.

I totally agree with you re larsson.  Larsson was a great player.  Boyd was limited but could score goals.  But he still has a right to voice an opinion.  Surely he has earned that??? 

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

It would appear there are posters ( Fermers) who couldn't lace 'Larsson's boots' either ;) 

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Failed down south, Failed as an Internationalist. Failed as a European player. Great when given 800 chances a season in a team that cost millions.

Precisely.did what he did well, but it was limited. To the SPL.

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Is he entitled to an opinion Rossy?  Ive seen plenty of strikers for Rangers in teams riddled with good players fail to score like Boyd did.  He made the best of his abilities did he no?  But at highest level he didnt cut it I agree, champions league and Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I totally agree with you re larsson.  Larsson was a great player.  Boyd was limited but could score goals.  But he still has a right to voice an opinion.  Surely he has earned that??? 

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but then everyone else is entitled to call you out on that. Especially when it's shite.

4 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Is he entitled to an opinion Rossy?  Ive seen plenty of strikers for Rangers in teams riddled with good players fail to score like Boyd did.  He made the best of his abilities did he no?  But at highest level he didnt cut it I agree, champions league and Scotland. 

He's absolutely entitled to his opinion.

Did he make the best of his abilities ? Probably not. Not trusted in Europe, and was never really interested in playing for Scotland.

A guy like Kenny Miller has made the best of his (more limited) abilities. Boyd should have done better.

Edited by Rossy

3 minutes ago, Redz said:

It would appear there are posters ( Fermers) who couldn't lace 'Larsson's boots' either ;) 

See, that's what's wrong. Unlike you I was once compared to Larsson in my hey day wi the Dale.  It was said compared to Larsson I was pish boom boom.

3 minutes ago, ShedTA said:
Apparently boydy is claiming that the gap between hearts and Kilmarnock wasn't that big. ?
aaHome Tea
HeartsAway TeamKilmarnock
Possession
Home61%
Away39%
Shots
Home18
Away4
Shots on Target
Home9
Away1
Corners
Home7
Away4
Fouls
Home6
Away17

Poor old Boydy never had those stats in front of him.  He was going on his opinion ^?^

20 minutes ago, Rossy said:

He's absolutely entitled to his opinion.

Did he make the best of his abilities ? Probably not. Not trusted in Europe, and was never really interested in playing for Scotland.

A guy like Kenny Miller has made the best of his (more limited) abilities. Boyd should have done better.

You could argue he did make the best of his abilities Rossy.  He is hardly a failure though.  Top scorer of all time in SPL.  Where did it all go wrong?