This Weekends Games - Page 60 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

17 hours ago, kumnio said:

DFC should have been 4 down at half time, come back from 0-2 to win 3-2.

No too bad.

Dundee have lost 10 of 19 games, yet they're 7th in the Premiership, just one point outside the top 6.

How pish is Scottish football ?:lol:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought the Motherwell one was a pretty clear cut penalty.

Had most of the Aberdeen players not been 5 yards in the box when Moult hit it, he might've had a chance with the rebound.

:P

Both penalties were similar, Rooney and Lasley played for it and madden bought it. 

15 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Dundee have lost 10 of 19 games, yet they're 7th in the Premiership, just one point outside the top 6.

Not pish at all. The bottom half is at least competitive where any of the six teams could go down. In other leagues that would be classed as exciting, in Scotland its pish.

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

All the teams in the bottom 6 are on a par. Fancy Utd to come up automatically. Hibs look like they are faltering and would not be confident they can win a play off.

Hibs have bigger and arguably better squad though. If utd get more injuries we could start to falter. Need another striker in Jan window.

Hard to imagine ICT being relegated but not looking great just now.

6 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

All the teams in the bottom 6 are on a par. Fancy Utd to come up automatically. Hibs look like they are faltering and would not be confident they can win a play off.

Rangers going well just now - another good win ground out. How many points clear of third are they now?

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

I don't understand how the idiosyncrasies of points in the league can reflect on the quality of the football?  Granted, I haven't watched any Premiership football this season, but a tight league isn't necessarily rubbish, surely?

13 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Rangers going well just now - another good win ground out. How many points clear of third are they now?

7 ahead of Aberdeen but they have a game in hand. We're on a decent run with 8 wins,2 draws and 1 defeat. Today was probably our worst performance for a few games.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Not pish at all. The bottom half is at least competitive where any of the six teams could go down. In other leagues that would be classed as exciting, in Scotland its pish.

Indeed. 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Except one was a foul and one was a dive.

I'll give you that lasley played for it, but it was a clear foul.

:lol:

Bollox.

Lasley played the ball off Reynolds, who was virtually standing still, then ran into him and fell down.

A clear foul ? 

1 hour ago, Fermer said:

Told you all last month ago the gers would skate up to 2nd.  No one believed me.  Next week we will beat celic and the pressure will get on top of them.  Mark my words.  Oh and merry xmas x

14 points clear with a game in hand. Where's the pressure coming from?

Guest BlueGaz
On 24/12/2016 at 5:35 PM, ShedTA said:

Was ground out right enough - not a good game to watch and f in freezing.  3 points was the only positive for me.  2 more hard games before the break.  then a warm up match against the well before we go again for 2nd half.

Not for the first time this season, James Maddison is booked for going down too easily

Aberdeen do like their diving bassas. 

He's often targeted by 2 or more players but he's too sneaky and I'm glad he's getting punished for it now.