This Weekends Games - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I called someone stupid, you just called someone a whank and a pr1ck.  You really don't make sense.  I think we need to call you boots from now on, coz your so far up your own arse, thats all we can see.

No, you didn't call someone stupid. You used a slur for mental disability. Big difference. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

No, you didn't call someone stupid. You used a slur for mental disability. Big difference. 

Check that new thesaurus you got the other day, see if it has a dictionary part and check the meanings of the word.  Some homework for you. :ok:

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen have a settled side and we have no excuse if we don't get 2nd or 3rd, where as other teams in the league have to re-build every year because they lose players. Rangers are not unique in this

I know we're not unique. I mentioned Killie in my post.

We are however trying to integrate an entire teams worth of players into a set of about 16 that have been there for just 1 year.

I think for that reason alone we can't expect 2nd without a serious fight from Aberdeen. 

Next season if we keep spending as much then I'd expect 2nd as a minimum. 

19 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I know we're not unique. I mentioned Killie in my post.

We are however trying to integrate an entire teams worth of players into a set of about 16 that have been there for just 1 year.

I think for that reason alone we can't expect 2nd without a serious fight from Aberdeen. 

Next season if we keep spending as much then I'd expect 2nd as a minimum. 

If you bring in a similar quality of player with the manager you have then 2nd will be the very best you can hope for.

1 hour ago, Armitage Shanks said:

If you bring in a similar quality of player with the manager you have then 2nd will be the very best you can hope for.

Next season probably. It also depends on Celtic keeping Rogers. He seems to be doing a good job, so it won't be long till he's touted for other jobs.

On 11/1/2016 at 9:02 AM, BlueGaz said:

Our short-term goal should be to win every game

Here's another one. Nae chance. 

Morton excluded, are there any other goals that football teams should be aiming for? Short or long term? :lol:

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

:lol:

Funniest thing is, you're serious.

Such a short memory. :lol:

So no intelligent comments, just this pish?

Glad you joined the party. don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. ?

Guest BlueGaz
14 hours ago, OLAS said:

Here's another one. Nae chance. 

Morton excluded, are there any other goals that football teams should be aiming for? Short or long term? :lol:

Might just be me, when I played, we tried to win every competitive game we played in. It was always our goal. Never once in 15 years at senior level can i remember playing for a draw.  Obviously that won't be everybody's goal when they play football.

Clearly missed my subtle point. 

It's about realism. You guys are skint, have an average manager and struggled against half the division. 

Sure, the aim is to win every game, but the realist knows that Thistle, Killie, Motherwell, Ross County all firstly have the goal to avoid relegation. 

If that looks likely, plan B - top 6. 

Rangers fans have unrealistically high expectations for what their team is currently capable of.  

Forget the last time your namesake won the top division in Scotland, because it's nothing like that now. As I said, you're skint and half the players you have are journeymen or utter diddies. 

A lot of Rangers Nou fans come across like they have a god given right to be winning the league or cementing 2nd place in November. 

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

Clearly missed my subtle point. 

It's about realism. You guys are skint, have an average manager and struggled against half the division. 

Sure, the aim is to win every game, but the realist knows that Thistle, Killie, Motherwell, Ross County all firstly have the goal to avoid relegation. 

If that looks likely, plan B - top 6. 

Rangers fans have unrealistically high expectations for what their team is currently capable of.  

Forget the last time your namesake won the top division in Scotland, because it's nothing like that now. As I said, you're skint and half the players you have are journeymen or utter diddies. 

A lot of Rangers Nou fans come across like they have a god given right to be winning the league or cementing 2nd place in November. 

Yet another person that can't tell the difference between their opinion and fact.

You say Warburton is average yet the general consensus in football appears to be that his good and possibly better. Personally I'd say he's still got a bit to prove but he's not an average manager.

You say we're skint yet all I hear is how big our budget is. It can't be both.

Whilst I'm not over the moon with our start to the season I don't thinks it all that bad. After all, despite being pish, struggling against half the league and only having an average manager we're second. 

I'll make more of a judgement at the half way point in the season. 

Some Rangers fans do have unrealistic expectations but the majority don't. The press are the ones who keep saying things like Rangers fans won't accept 2nd. They're talking shite. Every Rangers fan I know is looking for top 4 this season and 2nd next season. You think this isnt reasonable?  Despite being 2nd already?

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

1-1. Some great defending for the equaliser...

And on four or five other occasions.

This is a great example of why we will struggle for top four.

The only thing worse has been the standard of the refereeing. How did he miss that pass-back ??!! :lol:

Guest faircity

Ross County fans should be well hacked off with only a point, they should have tonked them.

Imagine Saints getting around half a million for O'Halloran, what a wonderful piece of business  

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

And on four or five other occasions.

This is a great example of why we will struggle for top four.

The only thing worse has been the standard of the refereeing. How did he miss that pass-back ??!! :lol:

Aye that was a shocking decision, ref was pretty poor all round

14 minutes ago, faircity said:

Ross County fans should be well hacked off with only a point, they should have tonked them.

Imagine Saints getting around half a million for O'Halloran, what a wonderful piece of business  

Yep should have had the win, rangers looked terrible

Rangers we're bloody horrendous today. It would be good to have two consecutive games we play well in. 

Barrie McKay's confidence looks extremely low, the amount of loose passes when he came on. Waghorn wasn't much better. 

1 hour ago, GRBear said:

Rangers we're bloody horrendous today. It would be good to have two consecutive games we play well in. 

Barrie McKay's confidence looks extremely low, the amount of loose passes when he came on. Waghorn wasn't much better. 

Dodoo touched the ball twice after he came on.