This Weekends Games - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Again, true to form, making stuff up.  You are a bigot.  Nothing to do with my team getting pumped.  

Whys that then? I'd say you've embarrassed yourself enough already here btw...

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Again, true to form, making stuff up.  You are a bigot.  Nothing to do with my team getting pumped.  

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Parklife said:

Whys that then? I'd say you've embarrassed yourself enough already here btw...

Embarrassed myself, by having a go at you of all people?  The TAMB bigot, have a word with yourself ya nutter.

Interesting to see the Huns on here defending Warburton, his recent record is appalling. Suitably fawning post match interview from Mcinnes I noted as well. That will help keep the perma-tanned one in the frame should the Sevco gig come up. The meltdown on here if that happened would be hilarious! ?

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Interesting to see the Huns on here defending Warburton, his recent record is appalling. Suitably fawning post match interview from Mcinnes I noted as well. That will help keep the perma-tanned one in the frame should the Sevco gig come up. The meltdown on here if that happened would be hilarious! ?

Depends what your expectations are for this year.  It was always going to be a very hard season for us.  We haven't been far away from winning every game this season except the Celtic game.  Fingers crossed it will click up front sooner rather than later.  When it does, we will be comfortable, if it doesn't, going to be a long slog.

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Depends what your expectations are for this year.  It was always going to be a very hard season for us.  We haven't been far away from winning every game this season except the Celtic game.  Fingers crossed it will click up front sooner rather than later.  When it does, we will be comfortable, if it doesn't, going to be a long slog.

Shouldn't your expectations be 2nd or 3rd at worst given you have the 2nd biggest budget?

Just now, slasher said:

Shouldn't your expectations be 2nd or 3rd at worst given you have the 2nd biggest budget?

If you are happy to accept that it is all about budget, then yes.  If you go to watch Rangers every week, then no.

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

If you are happy to accept that it is all about budget, then yes.  If you go to watch Rangers every week, then no.

I'm not sure I follow. Given what Hearts did coming from the Championship last season I fail to see how Rangers fans can have lower expectations. I'm not hung up on budgets either but the sheep worriers on here love a good budget debate. For what it's worth I won't mention budgets on Wednesday when we get pumped by Man City.?

Just now, slasher said:

I'm not sure I follow. Given what Hearts did coming from the Championship last season I fail to see how Rangers fans can have lower expectations. I'm not hung up on budgets either but the sheep worriers on here love a good budget debate. For what it's worth I won't mention budgets on Wednesday when we get pumped by Man City.?

In regards to our budget, I am happy with Rossiter, Windass, Crooks (I think), Garner.  I am not sure about Senderos and Hill at the moment.  I was happy with Barton initially, but that has unfortunately turned out how most expected it too.  We have had the most possession in every game this season bar one, and chances, but our issue is finishing against SPL teams.  But that won't last forever.  I suppose our final position in the league will depend on when that changes.  

12 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

In regards to our budget, I am happy with Rossiter, Windass, Crooks (I think), Garner.  I am not sure about Senderos and Hill at the moment.  I was happy with Barton initially, but that has unfortunately turned out how most expected it too.  We have had the most possession in every game this season bar one, and chances, but our issue is finishing against SPL teams.  But that won't last forever.  I suppose our final position in the league will depend on when that changes.  

Fair enough m8, you watch them every week. From what I've seen of them they are wasteful up front and honking at the back! That's a damning indictment on the manager and a pretty damaging combo imo

I do think Waghorn and Holt will improve them up front fairly soon tbf

Edited by slasher

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Fair enough m8, you watch them every week. From what I've seen of them they are wasteful up front and honking at the back! That's a damning indictment on the manager and a pretty damaging combo imo

The difference between 2nd and 7th.

26 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's not just about the budget. Warburton had to build a team last season pretty much from scratch.  He got lucky with the way they started the season and rode that wave to the end. He also got lucky with very few injuries. 

He's had to now build a squad this season and that hasn't clicked early like last year. It will eventually but it depends on how long it takes and how patient our board and fans are.

1 minute ago, slasher said:

I admire your optimism lads! It all seems a bit tenuous right now, I guess we'll have a better idea fairly soon. 

You have to either be optimistic or stop going.  If I wasn't optimistic, I wouldn't go to Scotland games either.

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You have to either be optimistic or stop going.  If I wasn't optimistic, I wouldn't go to Scotland games either.

Scotland games have been the ultimate test of optimism/####wittery (delete as appropriate) for almost 40 years now. I still live in hope lol

8 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Embarrassed myself, by having a go at you of all people?  The TAMB bigot, have a word with yourself ya nutter.

Just repeating it doesn't add validity. You've made a complete clown of yourself here. Your team got pumped so your reaction has been to give me abuse :lol: 

Graeme Souness's solution is to throw more money at it... :lol:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14763809.Graeme_Souness__Rangers_must_find_Mark_Warburton_more_money___so_the_Ibrox_club_can_challenge_Celtic/?ref=mrb&lp=1

“It looks like they are spending what they generate so he is running it as a business. If you are him or a director, that is something you have to run with. But if you are a supporter it is not great.

“I am a supporter and like every supporter I am not interested in the bottom line, as long as we stay solvent. Find the money from somewhere and give the manager a chance.”

:lol: 

Edited by Rossy

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Just repeating it doesn't add validity. You've made a complete clown of yourself here. Your team got pumped so your reaction has been to give me abuse :lol: 

You got abuse because you are self righteous #####.  Nothing more nothing less.  Forever blue.

8 hours ago, swifty's cakes said:

When was the last time the league wasn't won by the team with the biggest budget?

The team with the biggest budget will win again this year.  So I agree with you.

26 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You got abuse because you are self righteous #####.  Nothing more nothing less.  Forever blue.

You're an irrational moron. On to ignore with you, i think. 

Anyway, after seeing this angle of the foul on Hayes, i think the ref made the correct decision. 

Tavernier pushes Hayes in the back. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're an irrational moron. On to ignore with you, i think. 

Anyway, after seeing this angle of the foul on Hayes, i think the ref made the correct decision. 

Tavernier pushes Hayes in the back. 

:lol::lol::lol: Ignore a good idea :ok: