This Weekends Games - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I'm not suggesting anyone else.

I'm only stating that Griffiths in a Scotland shirt has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's an international footballer. If you can prove otherwise at this moment, please do :ok:

Well that's not much help.

He's been the best Scottish striker in the last 2-3 years.

How can  I prove it and nor can you prove he's not ?! But most people here would agree with me and you can't come up with an alternative ?

9 minutes ago, fringo said:

Well that's not much help.

How can  I prove it and nor can you prove he's not ?! But most people here would agree with me and you can't come up with an alternative ?

Eh ?

I think he is. I'm only saying that his record.....so far......as an internationalist, is awful.

Scoring goals for fun against Hamilton means nothing if you can't perform at a higher level.

Edited by Rossy

3 minutes ago, fringo said:

Whoa !

He might be the best striker playing in Scottish football but you have to take into account the standard of the Scottish leagues 

There are Scottish strikers who have played at a higher standard

Whether Griffiths can be as proficient at a higher level hasnt yet been proven

Kris Boyd was the best striker in Scottish football for a while but couldnt cut it at that same higher level apparantley

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Whoa !

He might be the best striker playing in Scottish football but you have to take into account the standard of the Scottish leagues 

There are Scottish strikers who have played at a higher standard

Whether Griffiths can be as proficient at a higher level hasnt yet been proven

Kris Boyd was the best striker in Scottish football for a while but couldnt cut it at that same higher level apparantley

I thought we were discussing current Scotland strikers ? Who's better than Griffiths ?

1 minute ago, fringo said:

I thought we were discussing current Scotland strikers ? Who's better than Griffiths ?

Arguably Rhodes and McCormack because they play at a higher level

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

I sincerely hope the sheep win today otherwise I worry for Rossy.

That bitterness that eminates from him might just take over his life......

As ever, some deluded Tim being told what the truth is accuses someone of 'bitterness' .

Mope :ok:

5 hours ago, Spark said:

How many goals have they scored in Europe this year, out of interest?

A better question would be how many would they have scored against the Red Imps, Astana or Beer Sheva ?

When Griffiths scores against Barcelona, Man City or Monchengladbach i'll take notice

Griffiths is an excellent striker at domestic level. He failed to make the breakthrough in England and has done nothing at international level. Those are the facts.

Whether he has improved as a player in the last few years since he came back to Scotland will only be answered if and when he plays in a better standard of league.

When looking at who is better you have to take into account the professionals. Ie the scouts whose jobs it is to bring players to clubs. Did any clubs make a move for Griffiths in the last 2 years during which time both McCormack and Rhodes have made big money moves. During which time Fletcher and Martin have moved Championship clubs.

If no moves have been made by these people for Griffiths then why not? Is it possibly the case that they dont think he is better?

Simply saying Griffith is the best because he scored 40 goals against poor teams whilst playing for by far and away the most dominent team does nothing.

2 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

When looking at who is better you have to take into account the professionals. Ie the scouts whose jobs it is to bring players to clubs. Did any clubs make a move for Griffiths in the last 2 years during which time both McCormack and Rhodes have made big money moves. During which time Fletcher and Martin have moved Championship clubs.

If no moves have been made by these people for Griffiths then why not? Is it possibly the case that they dont think he is better?

Or possibly it would be pointless for a Championship side to move for him when is playing for Celtic, winning things, scoring goals, playing European football. I doubt, bar a salary increase, there is anything to attract him to a Championship side from Celtic.

19 hours ago, Rossy said:

Celtic strolling past another bunch of SPFL diddies today....nice preparation for them before they turn into a bunch of frightened, panicked schoolboys against Man City during the week.

Given that Rogers is starting to show the usual signs of Lennon-like paranoia that go automatically with ra Sellik job, it can't be long before he starts blaming other Scottish teams for his side's miserable performances in Europe.

You truly are a ing wand.