Rangers Fans Again - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Fans Again

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Let's be even-handed here. Wrecking the tiolets was disgusting but so was the banner on display referring to a hanged man with a RFC scarf on..Kris Boyd's brother committed suicide last week. That was deliberate and disgusting.

Both have elements that are just as bad as each other

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25306198

I hate to break it to the religiously-obsessed catholics and protestant fans of both clubs let it drop eh? Religion is the poison of the world that (back through the world's history) is behind wars, terrorism and extremism and for what? A mythical god that does not exist. 

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Not just rangers fans at it - this is very sick

Edit to say - if it is indeed real.

Am I missing something?

The huns died so a blow up doll with hun scarf is hung at CP depicting this. Same message as the display a while back with the tombstone with RIP on it. 

24 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Am I missing something?

The huns died so a blow up doll with hun scarf is hung at CP depicting this. Same message as the display a while back with the tombstone with RIP on it. 

Given that it was suicide awareness week and given that the young brother of an ex-Rangers player had taken his own life last week and given that suicide is the leading cause of death in Scotland of those between 15-34 then having two dummies hanging themselves isn't exactly the smartest move in the book.   I'll give them the big benefit of the doubt that it wasn't directed at Kris Boyd specifically but it shows a complete lack of self awareness and stupidity, but then that's no real surprise from those idiots.

Just now, aaid said:

Given that it was suicide awareness week and given that the young brother of an ex-Rangers player had taken his own life last week and given that suicide is the leading cause of death in Scotland of those between 15-34 then having two dummies hanging themselves isn't exactly the smartest move in the book.   I'll give them the big benefit of the doubt that it wasn't directed at Kris Boyd specifically but it shows a complete lack of self awareness and stupidity, but then that's no real surprise from those idiots.

How many folk ken it's suicide awareness week?

I hadn't a scooby?

As always there's plenty folk just dying (no pun intended) to be faux outraged and upset though so the reaction is fully understood.

Just now, macy37 said:

How many folk ken it's suicide awareness week?

I hadn't a scooby?

As always there's plenty folk just dying (no pun intended) to be faux outraged and upset though so the reaction is fully understood.

It got pretty wide coverage last week, especially with Kris Boyd speaking out about his brother.  

50 minutes ago, Batzek-osemba said:

Honestly, not too big a deal. Its been done at CP and Ibrox and if they pay the bill its no big deal for most celtic fans from what ive read. We re no angels. If you know their mindset you can imagine what the result meant to them yesterdays. No need to slag them off for that. Scotlands Shame reputation intact?

The fact that you think its no big deal is systematic of the issues with this fixture.

Just now, aaid said:

It got pretty wide coverage last week, especially with Kris Boyd speaking out about his brother.  

Good.

I'll stand by my point though. Faux outrage. Everyone wants to fall over themselves at the slightest thing that they can blow up into a frenzy about. 

Football fans really need to check calendars to make sure that any proposed displays don't clash with things people can get upset about.

Its in bad taste thats for certain, sick, maybe if those who did it knew about Boyds brother.

If was purely because their club died, its just a bit unsavoury. The night Utd were relegated at Dens, I read about some DFC fans walking towards the stadium with a cardboard coffin for Utds demise, the police stopped them from getting near the stadium.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Its in bad taste thats for certain, sick, maybe if those who did it knew about Boyds brother.

If was purely because their club died, its just a bit unsavoury. The night Utd were relegated at Dens, I read about some DFC fans walking towards the stadium with a cardboard coffin for Utds demise, the police stopped them from getting near the stadium.

Jesus christ really? Sick?

Bugga me more faux outrage.

We've had plenty pish ripping done out of both clubs and country but I take it in good humour the way it should be. It appears I need to jump on the faux outrage band wagon.

Edited by macy37

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

No faux outrage here, sick isnt exactly a strong word.

Perhaps you can give me words from a scale of 1 normal to 10 absolute outrage, and I will pick what word I should use instead. Im saying sick is about a 4.

sick because it's happened during a week of awareness of suicide? Sick? It coincides with a week that I'm willing to bet the folk who did it had no idea it was this particular week. 

Im also willing to bet it has nothing to do with Boyd's brother, who surely is a Killie fan?

as for unsavory for depicting the death of any team....

as as I said folk love a bit of faux outrage.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The only outrage shown here is by you. Settle yourself down, away and a cup of tea.

When you have calmed down, you may want to read my first sentence involving the word sick again, and you may realise you have made an error.

You may want to read my reply.

Do you also honestly feel depicting the death of a rival club is 'unsavory'? 

To be fair to the tims, I doubt it was aimed at the brother of a Kilmarnock player, or to coincide with suicide awareness week, which I had no idea was a thing.

Absolutely in poor taste, but those looking for added meaning are probably clutching at straws.

Anyway, somebody's wife was right disappointed when their man left for the game, and they went to get their blow up doll out.

:lol:

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to the tims, I doubt it was aimed at the brother of a Kilmarnock player, or to coincide with suicide awareness week, which I had no idea was a thing.

Absolutely in poor taste, but those looking for added meaning are probably clutching at straws.

Anyway, somebody's wife was right disappointed when their man left for the game, and they went to get their blow up doll out.

:lol:

If it was solely aimed at the huns death how is it in poor taste?