Will The No Side Honour Their Pledge? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will The No Side Honour Their Pledge?

The count is not even over yet, and already there are complications and stalling - Lord Reid and Ian Murray (?) saying that delivering the powers will be a bit complicated because we can't just have it all our own way and we need to look at the wider context of the rest of the UK and...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The count is not even over yet, and already there are complications and stalling - Lord Reid and Ian Murray (?) saying that delivering the powers will be a bit complicated because we can't just have it all our own way and we need to look at the wider context of the rest of the UK and...

Was always going to be this way Im afraid.

Was always going to be this way Im afraid.

yep. no great surprise.

there will be piecemeal concessions over a long period of time.

and much of it will be like table tennis between the houses of commons/lords. going back and forth with all happening.

BBC still reporting it as 'Devo Max or Devo Plus'...

Some 'no' supporters will have gone to bed anticipating their cause was winning, but wake up to find that although they 'won', their Better Together politicians already preparing the ground to go back on the deal.

Edited by exile

Scenario: Next election, England swings to the right (Clacton by election in a few weeks time will be interesting), SNP win with increased majority in Scotland due to fact that lots of Labour supporters feel betrayed by own party.

Cameron: the debate has been settled for a generation...there can be no re-runs #indyref

When did he get to decide?

Yes they will but the timing of it is important. What would you prefer a rushed botched job put together over a few months or a constitutional convention that includes all parties ? Secondly the SNP need to participate.They normally distance themselves from Westminster on these issues.

Edited by EddardStark

No they wont but the timing of it is important. What would you prefer a rushed botched job put together over a few months or a constitutional convention that includes all parties ? Secondly the SNP need to participate.They normally distance themselves from Westminster on these issues.

I thought Gordon Brown's timetable promised 'immediate' new powers ?

I meant to say yes they will. But I also think they will rush it and it wont be the best plan.

they wont rush it, they'll block it every turn, because they are liars and cheats, and if they ever set foot in Scotland again they will be lucky to get away with just an egging.........why am i angry?,,,having to constantly reassure my peer auld mother living on her own that she wont be destitute with a YES vote, and that she can still go to the shops without being attacked by a YES mob...thank you Westminster for caring about the Scottish people so much