Ireland v Sweden - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland v Sweden

Rossy

Can't stand the Irish, the fawning they get in the Uk media, or their plastic paddy support.

Hope that Sweden hump them.

I fear though that the awful O'Neil inspired hoofball will be enough to get them a point against a fairly average Swedish team.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they do get very favourable coverage in the uk, and I'm not a fan of Martin o'neill or his brand of "football", but I don't mind seeing them do ok.

Always had a soft spot going back to USA '94, as it was the 1st time I'd seen a Motherwell player (Tommy coyne) at a World Cup.

I'll probably watch most of the home nations and RoI games, as I'm interested in how they get on.

Bet Sweden and zlatan tonight mind you, so fukc them!

Edited by sbcmfc

Ibrahimovic aside, both sides are short of real class and are full of hard-working journeyman footballers that tend to play for middling Premiership sides like West Brom or Sunderland.

It's going to be an almighty arm wrestle, but as Pool Q says, the Irish know how to win ugly. While I suspect it'll be 0-0 or 1-1, I could also see Ireland sneaking it 1-0.

Both these teams really poor.  Hoping for Sweden to burst the Irish bubble, however its looking like they are pish.  Cant see either taking points of italy and Belgium. Hoping for a draw to mean both dont qualify as 3rd best placed teams.

Plastic paddy support? WTF. Are Irish people now plastic paddies? Dont get that.

Be more than happy if this was Scotland playing its first game. Sweden are big and technically competent. We would have struggled. Ireland are doing pretty ok so far...

Edited by thplinth

18 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Ibrahimovic aside, both sides are short of real class and are full of hard-working journeyman footballers that tend to play for middling Premiership sides like West Brom or Sunderland.

Actually, the Swedish squad only has two players who played in the Premiership last season

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

Actually, the Swedish squad only has two players who played in the Premiership last season

Still, it's awful stuff.

It's like watching a West Brom - Sunderland game.

BBC pundits about to w@nk all over them for the next 15 minutes though.

Edited by Rossy

Ireland contained them and as the match wore on became increasingly dangerous with two or more real chances. Dont recall Sweden forcing a save but I missed the start. Maybe Ibrahmovic (sp?) will pull something out the bag but otherwise the Irish look the more dangerous at half time.

7 minutes ago, Rossy said:

'Brilliant', according to Alan Shearer. 

:unsure:

Presumably you could watch this game on Dutch TV.  Mind you, you wouldn't get the same level of outrage would you?

6 minutes ago, fringo said:

9th game of the Euros and there's not been much to get excited about in any of them so far.

Germany v Ukraine was probably the best game I've seen. France v Romania was ok too.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Presumably you could watch this game on Dutch TV.  Mind you, you wouldn't get the same level of outrage would you?

It's a football message board where people can post opinions.

If you don't like it fuqk off and do the ironing or something.

OK ? :ok:

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

It's a football message board where people can post opinions.

If you don't like it fuqk off and do the ironing or something.

OK ? :ok:

Similarly, if you don't like the commentary you can mute it - or watch it on a different channel.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Similarly, if you don't like the commentary you can mute it - or watch it on a different channel.

No, because then I wouldn't be able to annoy people like you. :ok:

Sweden picked their game up now.