Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 59 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

2 hours ago, Debian said:

Chris Cadden also still being rumoured. Rangers to buy him and loan back to Motherwell. 

I can't see the Chris Cadden one at all. He signed a new contract a couple of months back, so Motherwell are in quite a strong position to hold out for the right price.

We do play Rangers twice in January though, so a cynic might think it's an attempt to unsettle him.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Chris Cadden also still being rumoured. Rangers to buy him and loan back to Motherwell. 

It's almost as if we have two games against Rangers coming up in the transfer window...

i saw a figure of 150k somewhere. If Rangers were to get him for that with interest elsewhere and a long term contract I'd be gutted.

oh and cash up front if he does sign for Rangers

5 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

It's almost as if we have two games against Rangers coming up in the transfer window...

i saw a figure of 150k somewhere. If Rangers were to get him for that with interest elsewhere and a long term contract I'd be gutted.

oh and cash up front if he does sign for Rangers

Cash up front ? You saying there might be cash flow problems?

On 24/12/2016 at 8:11 PM, adamntg said:

Did United ever get that money for that Scottish Cup tie?

I suspect your moaning-faced, rent-a-quote chairman may have mentioned it before now had you not received it.

Sam Nicholson sounds rather David Templetonesque. At least any signing would be a pre-contract rather than a million quid.

21 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I suspect your moaning-faced, rent-a-quote chairman may have mentioned it before now had you not received it.

Sam Nicholson sounds rather David Templetonesque. At least any signing would be a pre-contract rather than a million quid.

Is he still a free agent ?

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Yep.  And about 4 stone away from getting a contract anywhere.

He should get fit by chasing his agent to give him a well earned slap. 

Has any played that joined rangers in the bottom division improved their career from that move? 

8 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Fair point. Still at least our chairman is not a criminal convicted of 41 charges of fraud, tax evasion, money laundering and racketeering having paid his way out of another 281, and has never been described by a court as a glib and shameless liar who has no respect for the truth and doesn't hesitate to lie.

I suppose.

56 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Fair point. Still at least our chairman is not a criminal convicted of 41 charges of fraud, tax evasion, money laundering and racketeering having paid his way out of another 281, and has never been described by a court as a glib and shameless liar who has no respect for the truth and doesn't hesitate to lie.

I suppose.

It's been a while since you had a chance to roll out the hits!!

On 27/12/2016 at 0:59 PM, Fairbairn said:

Shame. Could still have been a handy player for someone. Looked a good player for Hearts a few years ago.

Turned down Edinburgh City in November it seems.

Didn't come across as being a particularly bright lad in interviews.

Another one lost to the scourge of sausage rolls and pehs.

On 27/12/2016 at 0:59 PM, Fairbairn said:

Didn't look the sort of boy that would struggle with his weight even if he's not playing.

only 27, would be a waste if we didn't see him again.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Didn't look the sort of boy that would struggle with his weight even if he's not playing.

only 27, would be a waste if we didn't see him again.

From what I've heard I'll be surprised if we do.  He looked good at Hearts when he was a boy but judging him on his time at Rangers he's a charlatan.  He should have ripped D3-D1 up but spent about 80% of his time "injured" and on the rare occasions we could get him fit and on the park he had the application and heart of a flea.  He had the ability to go by men in those leagues for fun but the minute there was anything resembling a hard tackle on him (which was usually within the first 30 seconds) that would be the last you'd see of him all game.  I'd be intrigued to see how many times he played a full 90 minutes for Rangers and would assume it's in single digits.  An utter shambles of a signing and perfectly encapsulates the McCoist era.

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

From what I've heard I'll be surprised if we do.  He looked good at Hearts when he was a boy but judging him on his time at Rangers he's a charlatan.  He should have ripped D3-D1 up but spent about 80% of his time "injured" and on the rare occasions we could get him fit and on the park he had the application and heart of a flea.  He had the ability to go by men in those leagues for fun but the minute there was anything resembling a hard tackle on him (which was usually within the first 30 seconds) that would be the last you'd see of him all game.  I'd be intrigued to see how many times he played a full 90 minutes for Rangers and would assume it's in single digits.  An utter shambles of a signing and perfectly encapsulates the McCoist era.

Scored for Hearts at Annfield in the Europa league one night, signed up to play in the Scottish 4th tier the very next day. Nothing sums him up better than that IMO. 

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Scored for Hearts at Annfield in the Europa league one night, signed up to play in the Scottish 4th tier the very next day. Nothing sums him up better than that IMO. 

Great promise as a kid in that case as Stirling Albion's old ground shut when he was 4. 

Edited by OLAS

Predictions for this coming Scottish transfer window ?

Will .....

Celtic keep hold of Moussa Dembele ?

Hearts hold onto Jamie Walker and Sam Nicholson ?

Motherwell keep hold of Chris Cadden ?

Kenny McLean get a surprise transfer to Juventus ?

Who will the Old Firm cast offs be ?