This Board Needs Tunes - Page 91 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

9 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Self-indulgence time again...I've always been a big Kinks fan & had a bet in 1983 with a very attractive young lass about this song, which ran for several weeks before I admitted defeat. However, she decided that I made her laugh so much she ended up agreeing (stupidly) that I was worth 30+ years, 2 kids & 2 grandkids (to date). And I still can't dance.

Nice story Huddersfield 😊

I will be back later with my interesting tunes. 

Unfortunately a big silver bear ransacked the ‘ shop of interesting tunes’ today and ran away will all my ideas , so I am afraid its more mainstream....

Bonzo also stole The Killers from me,   but I have another one up my sleeve. 

Not a Keane fan but that song always reminds me of being in Milan for the Italy game in 2005. Keane were shooting an MTV  video near the main train station and the audience was predominantly Scotland supporters. Nothing exciting but as I said it always takes me back. 

14 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Not a Keane fan but that song always reminds me of being in Milan for the Italy game in 2005. Keane were shooting an MTV  video near the main train station and the audience was predominantly Scotland supporters. Nothing exciting but as I said it always takes me back. 

Tom Chaplin busked in Buchanan St a couple of years ago to highlight homelessness . There are a few videos online, he was very good.  I am not a massive fan in general  but I really like that song. I was mad as i only work round the corner from Buchanan st. All I hear is the busker who murders Bowie/Bolan every other day.