What's the Hampden? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's the Hampden?

I don't mind the new format but it looks like it just put a few folks over the edge who were probably going to quit anyway.  The TAMB always bounces back but I think an earlier poster was right about FB and Twitter serving that instant response thing that the TAMB used to have.

On 13 March 2016 at 5:43 PM, Toepoke said:

Right enough, and the new mobile TAMB is keech...

Correct. The horrific update was always going to cause this. 

Inability to browse the TAMB efficiently on mobile has made the board too much hassle most of the time. 

On 14 March 2016 at 7:54 PM, Mindimoo said:

I don't mind the new format but it looks like it just put a few folks over the edge who were probably going to quit anyway.  The TAMB always bounces back but I think an earlier poster was right about FB and Twitter serving that instant response thing that the TAMB used to have.

I dont use Facebook or Twitter so cant compare at all but from things i hear i think this board may be a bit more respectful to other posters than other social media outlets, well apart from the odd handbag fight.

What i do notice though is the high number of viewers per thread versus posters. Is this ratio normal  on social media? What would make more people get involved?  Do they feel they have nothing to add or feel a bit intimidated ?