Tonight's game that Dan Cake won't be interested in - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's game that Dan Cake won't be interested in

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was shit. I didn't think the referee did us any favours with the free kick for the goal or the elbow and some other decisions but United were awful second half. Didn't deserve anything for that performance. Can't see us staying up after that. Derby game next week. Once that is out of the way, there is only really the cup to focus on. Team is so poor you just can't see us coming back up quickly.

And to finish of a shit day, we got jumped by the Motherwell neds on our way back to the train station. Mate's got a bit of a sore face.

2 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

No!

It was the Morton fans who had it.

Hence why my original post said it was in a league that Utd fans will soon be interested in...

Aye that would make more sense.  Never actually read your first post, just the second.

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye that would make more sense.  Never actually read your first post, just the second.

If you were at the game you had to be quick to see it. The idiots ripped it almost immediately after holding it up. They scored about 20 seconds after that, which sealed it's fate :)

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

If you were at the game you had to be quick to see it. The idiots ripped it almost immediately after holding it up. They scored about 20 seconds after that, which sealed it's fate :)

Missed it last night as I'd already booked tickets to go and see Limmy.  Great decision to move the game from the Saturday!

22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Missed it last night as I'd already booked tickets to go and see Limmy.  Great decision to move the game from the Saturday!

My biggest issue was how late in the day this decision was made. The fixtures have been known for months.  Anyway was still a cracking turn out for a Friday night. 45k there. Morton brought a cracking away support too, credit to them. 

6 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

RANGERS: AS DEAD AS PARKHEAD

But more importantly, did they manage to spell it all correctly? 

If so, they should be looking to help out the green brigade with any of their banners for the Cup game.

McDonald definitely getting a ban for the elbow!

Should've been a red, might've turned out differently if ref had seen it.

I thought it was a foul for the goal, as someone said, 15-20 years ago it's a good solid tackle, but nowadays, it's a bit OTT for most refs.

thought Paton and the left back Morris were both pretty lucky to only get 1 yellow each too.

Pretty sure Marvin Johnson is scared to header the ball, so quite funny to see him score a header, when he was trying to make his usual attempt to look like he's not scared to header it...

12 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Motherwell actually play some decent football. Certainly deserved their win. I can't see Killie winning many of their remaining games though but the problem is United wont win many either.

Must have been watching a different game. They were awful. By passed their own midfield for most of the game. Their saving grace was that utd were even more pish than them.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought it was a foul for the goal, as someone said, 15-20 years ago it's a good solid tackle, but nowadays, it's a bit OTT for most refs.

Nope. Not for me. He got the ball, it wasn't dangerous (or whatever the fuk 'they' want to call it), although I can understand why you would (want to) think otherwise.

A fantastic example of why football folk are fed up with shitebag decisions (And 'Well' will have been on the receiving end of a few) and are choosing not to bother going.

No way in football should that be a foul. Never.

Just my opinion of course.

'Stand Free ( On Saturday)' :)

31 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Must have been watching a different game. They were awful. By passed their own midfield for most of the game. Their saving grace was that utd were even more pish than them.

I was quite impressed by Motherwell in spells.  United could do with a couple of players like Moult and Johnson who can put the shiters up opposing defences.  We have nobody like that.  My heart went out to Dixon trying time after time to put in a half decent cross, but it's just not his game anymore. 

There was a lot of neat stuff from Well, especially second half.  Well worth the win and you can see why they're 15 points ahead of us. 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

McDonald definitely getting a ban for the elbow!

Should've been a red, might've turned out differently if ref had seen it.

thought Paton and the left back Morris were both pretty lucky to only get 1 yellow each too.

Pretty sure Marvin Johnson is scared to header the ball, so quite funny to see him score a header, when he was trying to make his usual attempt to look like he's not scared to header it...

It's not a foul for the free kick though. He's not showing his studs, he's not high and he clearly wins the ball.  Is he endangering his opponent?  I'd say not. 

Morris was a clear yellow for the bear hug but a red would be harsh.  I've no idea what Allan was looking at with Paton.  Pure red mist - last guy I saw try that was Don McVicar for Thistle at Tannadice when Andy McLaren had just skinned him for the fifth time.  Don lost the heid and got a straight red in the days that was unusual.