Tickets - Page 3 - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

bonzo

43 minutes ago, scott7 0 said:

Even if the quota is not sold for the Scotland end.

There has been a few special cases where they have sold tickets to ex-pats in the past.... but these are VERY rare and somewhat extreme cases (ie Japan and Cyprus are the only two I can think of)

Edited by wanderer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ross040386 said:

Quick question I would be grateful for some advice on. Myself and one of the boys I'm going with have 2 points while the other traveling with us only has 1 point. If I was to order two tickets tomorrow when the sale opens for 2 pointers and then a ticket on Thursday when the sale opens to 1 pointers what are the chances of being able to get seats together? Do you pick seat area when buying the tickets? Can't remember from previous games. Cheers

If you have your mates set up on your friends & family you will get tickets together even if you order on different points levels & different days. We have done this many times over the years no problem. You must also select the same postage method each time.

A quick email to the ssc afterwards with all your order numbers is also worth doing. :ok:

31 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

That didn't work for us for the Gibraltar game Scott .  I ordered 2 separate batches of tickets  through my friends and family but was charged twice for special delivery and we were seated in different parts of the stadium .

The SSC told me as long as the lead booker stays the same & same delivery method selected on all orders & if all members are on the lead bookers F&F you will be grouped together. I've never had an issue over the years but maybe just luck.

However you will be charged postage for each order regardless. 

13 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Find out where the collection point is, go up, ask the SSC people nicely if they have any spare tickets, they will say Yes, and then you can buy from them.

Done it plenty of times.

seen this done before on occasion also. They tell you to come back just before the collection period ends and if there is any spare tickets they will sell them. That being said if your not an SSC member they have every right to refuse the sale so its no guarantee

Interesting to see the comments re attending at collection point, asking if there's any tickets left, and asking to buy them. 

There are 3 of us travelling, not in the ssc but would love tickets in the away end (after all ssc members have theirs obviously). 

If not possible we'll just get tickets in the home end.

re the collection point-does anyone know where this will be? And when will be best time to attend there?

thanks

Due to working away a lot I can't guarantee travelling on a regular basis or I would join.

i think it's only fair that ssc members and regular travellers get first dibs on tickets, but surely it makes sense to sell on tickets that otherwise won't be used...

More support for team and more money from the sales. 

Like I say 100% agree with current format but would be good to get tickets for our "one off trip" too.

Tickets bought. Creeping up to 2200.

re-ex pats buying tickets if they're not members. I bought for my dad who lives in Cyprus when we played there. I emailed SSC, they said to wait until after the sales period for members and if they weren't sold out to then phone them, and then they added a second ticket to my order.

I don't know if they would sell directly to a non-member though. Technically I was responsible if my dad got out of hand! 

7 hours ago, Sempre said:

Tickets bought. Creeping up to 2200.

re-ex pats buying tickets if they're not members. I bought for my dad who lives in Cyprus when we played there. I emailed SSC, they said to wait until after the sales period for members and if they weren't sold out to then phone them, and then they added a second ticket to my order.

I don't know if they would sell directly to a non-member though. Technically I was responsible if my dad got out of hand! 

I received this from SFA - in other words feck off.

Hi Scott

If we had any remaining tickets, we would take them on the trip with us to help out any members without a ticket – it would only be in the case that we still had tickets just before kick-off that we may assist non-members.

24 minutes ago, scott7 0 said:

I received this from SFA - in other words feck off.

Basically saying buy a membership then you can have one haha.

Never actually heard of them publicly saying " we would take them on the trip with us to help out any members without a ticket" some sort of positive in that respect.

3 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Basically saying buy a membership then you can have one haha.

Yes I know, but cant justify it just for this match. Looks like the section next to the Scottish section or to buy a ticket in the pub pre-match.

26 minutes ago, scott7 0 said:

Yes I know, but cant justify it just for this match. Looks like the section next to the Scottish section or to buy a ticket in the pub pre-match.

Looks like thats your best bet. If it was me id hold of buying the home end and keep my ear to the ground for the away end untill nearer the time.

There is always "spares" about.