Daily Heil Hits A New Low? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daily Heil Hits A New Low?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone, let's say "Jim Murphy" has a zero hour contract at Tesco and works 5 days in a year... He's still employed, he has a job, such are the wonders of modern Britain. Dr. Whitford has a contract of employment with the NHS, she has a job with the NHS.

No, I disagree.

I think they should all be forced to work during their school holidays to get a better idea of what real life is. A lot of them go straight from school to university where they work 3 hours a day and get even more holidays than they did at school. Then straight into politics. A lot of them seem to think that we all get the same amount of holidays that they do. They have just never known any different.

I would put Callmedave and Gideon doon the pit for a fortnight every summer. We could infect some of them with non fatal diseases to let them have some idea of ow the NHS works. IDS should be made to go through the process of signing on the broo. We could have a nationwide competition to come up with good ideas for broadening their life experience. And make a TV show out of it.

I can't help if I'm right all the time.

You've picked perhaps the worst example to go on about second jobs.

You've picked it. cause of an article in the Mail. Dancing on the Mails puppet strings is unlikely to make you right all the time.

You've picked perhaps the worst example to go on about second jobs.

You've picked it. cause of an article in the Mail. Dancing on the Mails puppet strings is unlikely to make you right all the time.

I direct you to my very first post on the thread.

I'm with Pete Wishart on this one, I'm completely against Politicians holding second jobs, but for the Daily Mail to single out a surgeon when there are other much more sinister troughers lining the Labour and Conservative benches is hypocritical.

Yes, she's broken party rules but I'd ask the SNP not to judge her too harshly on this occasion, donating her earnings too a charitable organisation would suffice :ok:

It matters not to me what second job they hold Phart, for you to accuse me of dancing to the Mails tune is deeply upsetting, especially as few opinions on the board matter to me more than yours.

Edited by Scunnered

Comments on the DM website are interesting, normally anything to do with the SNP have the usual Nigels out going mental, but the majority are defending her.

I dont believe MPs or MSPs for that matter should have second jobs, outside interests shouldnt be affecting our MPs from doing their job, however working in the NHS is something that I think could be an exception, she is helping to save lives, hardly working for a bank where only profits are the issue.

Comments on the DM website are interesting, normally anything to do with the SNP have the usual Nigels out going mental, but the majority are defending her.

I dont believe MPs or MSPs for that matter should have second jobs, outside interests shouldnt be affecting our MPs from doing their job, however working in the NHS is something that I think could be an exception, she is helping to save lives, hardly working for a bank where only profits are the issue.

Today in the Commons, Dr Phillip Lee, a Tory, got up and attacked the Mail for their story on Whitford !

Does Duncan Hothersall have some sort of personality disorder ?

Fair points, to varying degrees, from both sides of the argument. Basically though, if you are going to make a political point, you don't do it by making an example of the MP who's at the edge of abusing the system, and does so by giving up her Xmas holidays to care for people.

I could be persuaded by those being critical of any MP with a second job, but as it happens, anyone using Whitford to make their point is a moron, thereby undermining the argument they are trying to make.

Today in the Commons, Dr Phillip Lee, a Tory, got up and attacked the Mail for their story on Whitford !

Does Duncan Hothersall have some sort of personality disorder ?

Theres something deeply wrong with him, 147 thousand tweets, all about absolute crap.

Its people like him who are killing his party, and long may it continue.

I direct you to my very first post on the thread.

It matters not to me what second job they hold Phart, for you to accuse me of dancing to the Mails tune is deeply upsetting, especially as few opinions on the board matter to me more than yours.

We're only discussing this cause it is in the Mail.

We're only discussing this cause it is in the Mail.

FFS :lol:

Cove Sheep posted this to highlight what s the Mail are... Something we're all agreed on.

I'd have been posting the same re: two jobs if Ian Murray was employed to save drowning puppies.

On this occasion i think Scunnered is being unfairly criticised. He firmly believes that MP's only hold one job and based on that i think his original post was pretty fair. I agree on principle with him buti do think there should be exceptions, and, within reason, the NHS is one of them. Whilst this could been seen as being a little hypocritcall as 1 job means 1 job, if Kezia Dugdale was intelligent enough to be a doctor or surgeon i would support her also. Thankfully the NHS has not sunk to those grave levels just yet.

Anyway the opening post was really about the depths the Mail will go to trying to discredit the SNP. On a daily basis that paper rotates the same 3 stories:

1. Bash the SNP

2. Bash migrants

3.. Slobber over the Royal Family!/ J K Rowling/ Helen Mirren , delete as appropriate.

It really isnt worth the energy and its shiteyness is probably one of the very few things most people on this board agree with.

On this occasion i think Scunnered is being unfairly criticised. He firmly believes that MP's only hold one job and based on that i think his original post was pretty fair. I agree on principle with him buti do think there should be exceptions, and, within reason, the NHS is one of them. Whilst this could been seen as being a little hypocritcall as 1 job means 1 job, if Kezia Dugdale was intelligent enough to be a doctor or surgeon i would support her also. Thankfully the NHS has not sunk to those grave levels just yet.

Anyway the opening post was really about the depths the Mail will go to trying to discredit the SNP. On a daily basis that paper rotates the same 3 stories:

1. Bash the SNP

2. Bash migrants

3.. Slobber over the Royal Family!/ J K Rowling/ Helen Mirren , delete as appropriate.

It really isnt worth the energy and its shiteyness is probably one of the very few things most people on this board agree with.

He picked a really bad example and then tried to run with it...and all on very partisan grounds. A doctor covering for another doctor who is sick/absent for a minuscule amount of days. Should she have let folk die rather than compromise her second job principles. (Not saying that is what would have happened but this is not Malcom Rifkind and anyone can see it. Which is why he looks foolish here.)

The Daily Heil was and maybe still is the most read online news site in the world. Or maybe the UK. Whatever it is astonishing. They know their market.

But the thing that drove me completely away from their site was not all of the above...it was the Kardasian obsession. What the fukking fukk is that all about? I had never heard of these despicable ba$tards until recently and now it is wall to wall.

He picked a really bad example and then tried to run with it...and all on very partisan grounds. A doctor covering for another doctor who is sick/absent for a minuscule amount of days. Should she have let folk die rather than compromise her second job principles. (Not saying that is what would have happened but this is not Malcom Rifkind and anyone can see it. Which is why he looks foolish here.)

The Daily Heil was and maybe still is the most read online news site in the world. Or maybe the UK. Whatever it is astonishing. They know their market.

But the thing that drove me completely away from their site was not all of the above...it was the Kardasian obsession. What the fukking fukk is that all about? I had never heard of these despicable ba$tards until recently and now it is wall to wall.

From an ethical point of view i completely agree with you , i fully support her in what she did. From Scunnereds point of view, he clearly has different ethics and whether you agree with them or not he sticks to them. No sure how his ethics would be affected it it was a close member of his family on the operating theatre though.

The Kardashians, i forgot about them. I only see the hard copy of the Mail and thankfully her arse is too large for the front cover.

Calling working a few shifts as a surgeon during a holiday "Troughing" without distinction is wrong.

It's far too low resolution thinking to just assume all second jobs are equal.

Agree. But it is one of the more polite accusations aimed at the SNP by Scunnered.