Danny Ward - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Augustyn score? No, didn't think so. Ward won the initial challenge and didn't concede - if this is all you have to go own in terms of him not being a blow to Aberdeen's season and Alexander bieng better then i'd sugeest you stop embarrassing yourself now. As for being the Liverpool number 2, unfortunately (and as much as it annoys me) still leagues above Hearts!!

if you could point to where I said Alexander is a better keeper than Ward please, if not please stop embarrassing yourself. Alexander had a better game than Ward on Saturday was all I said. And Ward did win the initial challenge then decided to give the ball back to Augustyn - if that isn't a mistake in your book not sure what is; or is your contention that it is only a mistake if a goal is scored? PS sorry, I said my last post was my last one but couldn't resist.

Edited by dipped flake

if you could point to where I said Alexander is a better keeper than Ward please, if not please stop embarrassing yourself. Alexander had a better game than Ward on Saturday was all I said. And Ward did win the initial challenge then decided to give the ball back to Augustyn - if that isn't a mistake in your book not sure what is; or is your contention that it is only a mistake if a goal is scored? PS sorry, I said my last post was my last one but couldn't resist.

As already explained to you, the context of my original comment was very clear. You chose to ignore it and imply that Alexander is a better keeper. Happy? You seem to be a bad winner - are you Welsh by any chance?

Just for balance...

My brother and dad have season tickets at hearts. They both think Alexander is a liability (particularly on cross balls) and are desperate for Neilson to bring in a new keeper.

How did you end up a Don then Parkie?

Ward has been generally excellent in his very first season at Pittodrie.

He makes mistakes, like any keeper, but for such a young lad in such a difficult position he has probably as much promise as any keeper I've seen since Leighton.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it to a high level in the game.

Alexander's a decent keeper, but he's been a bench warmer for most of his career.

More than 500 career appearances. Not bad for a bench warmer.

More than 500 career appearances. Not bad for a bench warmer.

He made more than half these appearances before he signed for Rangers.

In the last 8 years he's only played 111 times, 50 of those for Hearts.

Only 3 Scotland caps, all of them before he decided to be a benchwarmer at Ibrox.

Not overly impressive.

He's still a decent keeper though, he just should have made more of his career.

Ward was Aberdeen's best player the other night.

Has anybody else noticed that on this board Aberdeen fans are the most balanced of all the fans and are gracious in defeat but nearly everyone else are nippy arseholes win,lose or draw ?

Why is it ?

No, can't honestly say as I have noticed that about the Aberdeen fans on here.

Just for balance...

My brother and dad have season tickets at hearts. They both think Alexander is a liability (particularly on cross balls) and are desperate for Neilson to bring in a new keeper.

I don't think he is too bad on cross balls but his distribution is woeful.

Certainly a position I would be looking for hearts to strengthen or give Jack Hamilton a chance to see if he is going to make it.

If he goes back to sit on the bench its a sore one for us so hopefully he plays. With Liverpool still being in Europa League, FA Cup & Capital One cup I reckon Ward will get some game time before the season is over.

Had we still been in the cups maybe Liverpool would have considered letting him stay with us, for the chance of picking up a medal or 2 for a seasons hard work, and bring in a loanee themselves but with them still chasing silverware on 4 fronts and us only 1 it was a no brainer I guess!!