Latest Holyrood Polling - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Latest Holyrood Polling

More SNPBad!

http://www.scottishconservatives.com/2015/12/7905/

And no it is not a spoof. The SNP are responsible for wearing people out of people's with their focus on narrow-minded constitutional wrangling and grievance agenda that they have no energy to dance any more....you just couldn't make it up.

I was waiting for the bit where they actually explained what actions the SNP had taken to cause this, budget cuts, closing facilities perhaps but no there is absolutely nothing! :wtf:

But if he had done that he'd have had to also explain why the number of people taking part in any sport had risen, why people walking at least 30 mins had risen, why the number taking part in keep-fit/aerobics had risen, why those weight training had risen, why those running/jogging/cycling had all risen. But that doesn't fit his agenda - he's simply used the most dramatic figure as an excuse to try and give the dwindling ranks of Scottish Tories a wee Xmas boost.

Maybe fewer people in Scotland are dancing because they swapped it for pounding the streets to get the indy message out there. Or maybe because a lot of people who regularly danced were old unionists who have now died. Now if we could prove that it really would be a nice wee Xmas boost.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But if he had done that he'd have had to also explain why the number of people taking part in any sport had risen, why people walking at least 30 mins had risen, why the number taking part in keep-fit/aerobics had risen, why those weight training had risen, why those running/jogging/cycling had all risen. But that doesn't fit his agenda - he's simply used the most dramatic figure as an excuse to try and give the dwindling ranks of Scottish Tories a wee Xmas boost.

Maybe fewer people in Scotland are dancing because they swapped it for pounding the streets to get the indy message out there. Or maybe because a lot of people who regularly danced were old unionists who have now died. Now if we could prove that it really would be a nice wee Xmas boost.

Jeezo! :lol:

:lol::lol: Now that's the kind of xmas spirit I like. :lol:

More SNPBad!

And no it is not a spoof. The SNP are responsible for wearing people out of people's with their focus on narrow-minded constitutional wrangling and grievance agenda that they have no energy to dance any more....you just couldn't make it up.

I was waiting for the bit where they actually explained what actions the SNP had taken to cause this, budget cuts, closing facilities perhaps but no there is absolutely nothing! :wtf:

Fewer people dancing to the pied-piper neocon's fascisistic, exploitatative, murderous, corrupt, self-serving, law breaking, spirit-crushing, corporate-serving, environmental pillaging, spiritually dischordant jig. GIRFUYous...

See u Alan what a total ##### u really are!! Why don't you just admit your a Tory scumbag! A unionist! The sort of person who wanks off to the queens speech with all yer spoilt brats on Christmas day! The northeast of Scotland is drowned with people like u now! Such a sad state of affairs!

Bang out of order. . . I don't agree with many of Alans views, but he is entitled to them.

You could be right, I only know Lenin wrote it because I quoted it a few weeks ago. I'd be lying if I said I'd read ALL of Lenin, Marx & Engels, given I have to read a section, then make a coffee and take an hour to process what I'd just read... And a further 3 years to understand it :lol:

Speaking of Brutal, it was Trotsky who said the above principle should be changed to "He who does not OBEY, should not eat"... It's a wonder Leon and Stalin didn't get on.

I never knew that. Snowball and Napoleon indeed!

More SNPBad!

For all their sins, the old Jackanory's aren't stupid people. That's just a sign of having lost the place.

Can we agree to disagree but at the same time agree there is cross over? I guess it's because individually I could never use how I vote as badge of ID. l've voted for multiple

Well it may even be agreeing to agree. If you mean, by crossover, that there is an element of tribalism in nationalism, then yes that is undeniable and I didn't think anyone was denying that. There is also surely tribalism in people voting Tory because Ruth sits on a tank and waves the union jack - but there is a question as to whether that is 'unionism' or just another form of nationalism, which could prove your point (ie that is also unhelpful emotional nationalism) as well as those who say Unionism is British Nationalism by another name.

I can understand voting for individuals or individual issues rather than parties or by 'the politics of identity' but in the case of the independence referendum, the issue at hand was independence after all, so you can hardly blame people for voting for independence on that basis. And as regards identity, as has been repeated many many times, people voting for independence included people of many nationalities, while the No vote undeniably included people voting for their British political identity.

While you may find 'nationalism' troubling as something that appeals to the emotion and stifles debate, there are also people who shout 'nationalism is evil' in a way that seems intended to shut down debate. 'Nationalism of any kind is bad, end of'. But applied only to the Scottish version, not the British. In a country where the majority of mainstream media reflects this bias, that is not healthy for democracy.

Edited by exile

Well that's taken me ages to read all these posts.

Clearly Scunnered remains the leading voice of sense on here, whilst Alan remains the leading voice of nonsense. ...

Oh and ive found my dancing shoes in the cupboard..

And btw it was Jack McConnell who appointed Trump as a scottish ambassado. .NOT Alex Salmond...