The Bitter End - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Bitter End

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ship has probably sailed to an extent.

Seems pretty narrow minded however not to entertain the idea! If it's good enough for Milan and Inter or Roma and Lazio...

If they suggested Motherwell building a stadium in Strathclyde park and sharing it with Hamilton, in theory, I'd be fine with it.

Shame on you

I lived 5 minutes away from it halfway up Albert Street for a couple of years. I know Dundee very well and between Clepington Road and Dens Road is as bad as it gets. Especially up and down Provvy Road.

You obviously don't know Dundee at all, in fact half way down Albert street is far worse than around the football grounds.

You obviously don't know Dundee at all, in fact half way down Albert street is far worse than around the football grounds.

I know Dundee more than you realise. Christ, I even worked at Tannadice for a year. The place is an absolute tip around the grounds.

###### all wrong with dryburgh ,a nice wee scheme real people no like the ######s In the ferry or barnhill

?

You're right. I think the argument started around the value of the land round Dens and has turned into what are the "bad" areas of Dundee, like we all read the Daily Mail.

?

You're right. I think the argument started around the value of the land round Dens and has turned into what are the "bad" areas of Dundee, like we all read the Daily Mail.

It's like folk saying Killie is like the scheme all over.

Normally spouted by bitter Ayr fan's or opposition fans who've never been to RP.

The area surrounding RP must be one of the nicest in the league. In fact, it is.

It makes sense for teams to merge, franchises and resources centralised. We have too many clubs in Scotland with competition diluted.

It won't happen though. Tradition, stubborness, self interest all put paid to that.

It makes sense for teams to merge, franchises and resources centralised. We have too many clubs in Scotland with competition diluted.

It won't happen though. Tradition, stubborness, self interest all put paid to that.

You're not one for tradition, stubborness or self-interest, are you, Alan? ;)

If you follow that logic then there's no point at all to Partick Thistle. They already live in the catchment area of far bigger clubs and will never be able to challenge for major trophies. They could just as well "merge" with Rangers. Would that help competition?

Plenty of nice people in the Ferry and Barnhill. So ###### you.think I've been misunderstood ,I meant the Dundee people from the schemes who have moved to the ferry and barnhill ,and now think there shit don't smell plus Stephen Thompson the baldy snake stays in the ferry

I know Dundee more than you realise. Christ, I even worked at Tannadice for a year. The place is an absolute tip around the grounds.

if by that you mean it isnt surrounded by fields and tractors like your own club ground then fair enough. but its still not a bad area. f*ck me i have been in many areas far worse in Dundee and other scottish towns and cities.

that said dundee is not like it was of old. the old Beechie estate was a cracker.

If you follow that logic then there's no point at all to Partick Thistle. They already live in the catchment area of far bigger clubs and will never be able to challenge for major trophies. They could just as well "merge" with Rangers. Would that help competition?

No but if they merged with Queens Park or St Mirren it might help build a bigger better club.

Probably not though.

Plenty of nice people in the Ferry and Barnhill. So ###### you.think I've been misunderstood ,I meant the Dundee people from the schemes who have moved to the ferry and barnhill ,and now think there shit don't smell plus Stephen Thompson the baldy snake stays in the ferry

Ah ok my friend. As long as you weren't talking about me. I am totally different to them as I have moved here after being from a scheme in Stewarton, and I now KNOW that my shit no longer smells..............must be something about the seaside air. ;)

Edited by killiefaetheferry

Question for Dundee & Dundee Utd fans.

Given the thread is about both clubs apparently nearly merging years ago what would be your reaction if that was to happen now?

By that I mean a merger on equal terms - both teams fold, new club formed, new colours, new team name, both grounds sold and new one built. Would you follow the new club or not?

I always get the impression that those who propose mergers think the new club would attract nearly all the fans of the clubs involved when the reality would be that a decent percentage would not support a new club.