Admin 4 - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

When I explained to which post Parklife was referencing I was mistakenly thinking the original post was still visible but the thread had of course been deleted. Thankfully Mod17 has kindly hidden my post.

I must admit I am rather surprised at your attitudes to PB but I never saw the later bits of the thread. No one has said anything other than it was reprehensible but there seems there are a few who are going to make it very difficult for the mods to show any discretion on this one and even if he came back I doubt it would be the same given all that has been said so I suspect we may not see PB on here again now. Ah well.

We very well may not see him back, if you or I handed out such abuse it would be a life ban. Parklife didn't deserve what was said to him, and I'm definitely not going to repeat it even to demonstrate how bad it was. Parklife can't be held responsible for being abused, if Ed has been banned it will have been warranted, no matter how lovely he has been in the past.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We very well may not see him back, if you or I handed out such abuse it would be a life ban. Parklife didn't deserve what was said to him, and I'm definitely not going to repeat it even to demonstrate how bad it was. Parklife can't be held responsible for being abused, if Ed has been banned it will have been warranted, no matter how lovely he has been in the past.

From what I saw that situation between those two had been fermenting for a good while and there had been several run ins in the past where some very harsh words were spoken on both sides. What we saw the other night was PB literally becoming unglued at PL. I dare say he would have went for him 'in real life'.

As bad as what PB said is I don't think this just came out of the blue. These two have history and it was getting nastier and nastier every time and predictably with booze involved (I assume) it got out of control badly on PB's side (who could have seen that coming eh).

Anyone you know him better than I so I will bow out of this.

When I explained to which post Parklife was referencing I was mistakenly thinking the original post was still visible but the thread had of course been deleted. Thankfully Mod17 has kindly hidden my post.

I must admit I am rather surprised at your attitudes to PB but I never saw the later bits of the thread. No one has said anything other than it was reprehensible but there seems there are a few who are going to make it very difficult for the mods to show any discretion on this one and even if he came back I doubt it would be the same given all that has been said so I suspect we may not see PB on here again now. Ah well.

I'm not trying to make anything difficult. I don't give a shite if he's banned or not. He's not someone i have an interest in interacting with again anyway.

As a general rule, i'm not really in favour of banning anyone. However this messageboard has taken the decision to have bannings for various offences. I only use this messageboard but seeing Scunnered describe it as tame compared to others, maybe the threat or banning/suspension are what keeps it relatively civil 99% of the time.

You're welcome to be surprised at my attitude towards him all you like. It's not the first time he's given me abuse and threatened to assault me, so i'm hardly likely to have a favourable opinion of him. You may have an entirely different experience of him and therefore a different opinion. We don't have to agree.

Ta for explaining that; it makes some kind of sense now.

This is like people saying it was Neil Lennon's fault for getting bullets sent in the post and death threats. I can find Parkie as irritating as the next man from time to time however what was said to him (and Dandy) was beyond the pale and no amount of Bawbaggery on an internet message board deserves that.

I don't want Ed banned, just as much as I don't want Parkie being held responsible when he is the victim in this instance. Some posters get away with much more than others, myself and Ed get away with more than what PGB would cos we're super popular and much loved. I dare say we'll see Ed back.

This is like people saying it was Neil Lennon's fault for getting bullets sent in the post and death threats. I can find Parkie as irritating as the next man from time to time however what was said to him (and Dandy) was beyond the pale and no amount of Bawbaggery on an internet message board deserves that.

I don't find Parkie particularly irritating, he is fairly ugly but that doesn't affect my interaction with him on the board too much.

Someone used "beyond the pale" recently and I realised that despite using it fairly often myself I had no idea the origin of it. I googled it and it was rather interesting. Everyday is a school day.

Also if you recall the Irn Bru thread where Ed lost the plot he was actually the second person on there to angrily tell PL what they thought of him. That was what kicked it all off. I understand PL's brother died of cancer so it makes it even more perplexing to come on that thread and drop that hand grenade into the thread. I think he got the reaction he wanted in a way. And it was also a bit of a trap for anyone who found it offensive and dug you up about it. Only you know what was in your mind when you posted that but as soon as I saw it I winced.

Also if you recall the Irn Bru thread where Ed lost the plot he was actually the second person on there to angrily tell PL what they thought of him. That was what kicked it all off. I understand PL's brother died of cancer so it makes it even more perplexing to come on that thread and drop that hand grenade into the thread. I think he got the reaction he wanted in a way. And it was also a bit of a trap for anyone who found it offensive and dug you up about it. Only you know what was in your mind when you posted that but as soon as I saw it I winced.

"Hand grenade", "reaction he wanted". Get a grip.

As many folk pointed out in the thread, it's a common expression. To suggest i was trying to win folk up by saying it is utterly fecking ridiculous.

If anyone else had said it, no one would've given a toss. Now, because it was me, you're trying to ascribe some ulterior motive to it. Get a grip.

It's a fairly common saying, and one that I use myself, despite being half the man I used to be.

I think if anyone other than Parky had said the funny as cancer line, no one would of batted an eyelid or even replied. It was to my knowledge a fairly standard phrase these days that I hear quite a lot. I'm about the same age as Parky though so it's maybe a generational thing.

As to people getting offended by it, I honestly don't understand why folk would be irritated/offended by it. Everyone these days gets affected by cancer, either directly or via a loved one. I've lost mates, aunts, an uncle, grandparents and several parents of friends to various cancer. The idea that someone in Scotland doesn't know what it's like to either suffer from or see a loved one suffer from cancer these days is frankly ridiculous and I doubt anyone would make light of that suffering. That doesn't mean the word cancer is taboo though.

A lot worse gets posted on here nevermind what gets posted on other messageboards and forums. This place is seriously tame (thankfully) compared to the badass world of computer game forums (google Gamergate, SWATting etc. to see some of the bawbags that exist there) or even other football forums.

The grief that certain posters get from time to time here can get ridiculous. phart and thplinth dealt with a lot of shite a while back. Recently it seems to be Parky and Scunnered getting it tight for no reason other than they have diverging opinions and aren't afraid to say so. There have been others over the years that seem to get picked on and followed over the board but the attacks on parky and Dandy were the worst I've seen here.

Maybe we should have some sort of breathalyser logon function. If you can’t behave yourself after a few, then don't drink, it's really that simple. The worst I’ve done when logging on here drunk (aside calling Macy37 out for being nothing but a troll) is to wake up with QWERTY on my forehead. I’m a lover though…..and proud of it.

Maybe we should have some sort of breathalyser logon function. If you can’t behave yourself after a few, then don't drink, it's really that simple. The worst I’ve done when logging on here drunk (aside calling Macy37 out for being nothing but a troll) is to wake up with QWERTY on my forehead. I’m a lover though…..and proud of it.

I've always thought that there should be a 30 minute delay between hitting pots and the post actually appearing so you have a chance to stop the posting happening or in my case also editing typos.

Edited by Larky Masher

I'm fine when I'm drunk, it's low blood sugar level the next day that makes me very irritable - however, I now seem to be able to exercise sufficient self-control to step away from the iPhone. Arguing with folk on the internet is utterly pointless - although admittedly it can be also be highly enjoyable.

Everyone these days gets affected by cancer, either directly or via a loved one. I've lost mates, aunts, an uncle, grandparents and several parents of friends to various cancer. The idea that someone in Scotland doesn't know what it's like to either suffer from or see a loved one suffer from cancer these days is frankly ridiculous...

Which is pretty much why I stopped using that particular expression myself.

Just because some people don't get offended by the phrase isn't a reason to dismiss anyone's feelings who does.

I wouldn't be offended but I can completely understand someone who was upset by it no don't think it is a very nice thing to say to be honest and think it shows a lack of sensitivity for others

Edited by Lamia

Just because some people don't get offended by the phrase isn't a reason to dismiss anyone's feelings who does.

I wouldn't be offended but I can completely understand someone who was upset by it no don't think it is a very nice thing to say to be honest and think it shows a lack of sensitivity of others.

And i accepted that and apologised multiple times for saying it in the thread that was deleted. I didn't dismiss anyone's feelings. What i am dismissing is thplinth's nonsensical suggestion that i said it as some kind of deliberate wind-up. That situation exists only in his mind, based on his prejudiced viewpoint of my postings.

And i accepted that and apologised multiple times for saying it in the thread that was deleted. I didn't dismiss anyone's feelings. What i am dismissing is thplinth's nonsensical suggestion that i said it as some kind of deliberate wind-up. That situation exists only in his mind, based on his prejudiced viewpoint of my postings.

I wasn't aiming my post at you :)