Forth Road Bridge Closed - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forth Road Bridge Closed

Aren't you missing one element here, namely Scottish Transport?

The opposition are the ones who dragged their feet on a new bridge now for over 20 years.

Labour had the hindsight well into their tenure at Holyrood and did nothing about it.

That's all in the past and there is no reason why it shouldn't be highlighted as much as possible to give folk some perspective. But in my opinion what happens from now on is more important. In political terms it's all about how good the opposition are at milking this situation for all it's worth and how well the Government manage the problem.

I have a feeling that the repairs will be completed ahead of schedule and under budget. :wink2:

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it :lol: I thought they were two different things :blink:

Well, they are two different things, but they've been cunningly combined: "Is Forth Fiasco A Bridge Too Far For SNP?" A couple of bursts of 'F' alliteration plus the allusion to Dicky Attenborough's epic.

Apparently the FRB was the last bridge built in the UK to use this deck truss bracing system. If they had waited another couple of years that system would have been obsolete and we wouldn't be having this problem now. Just thought i would throw in that interesting but fairly useless piece of information.

Well, they are two different things, but they've been cunningly combined: "Is Forth Fiasco A Bridge Too Far For SNP?" A couple of bursts of 'F' alliteration plus the allusion to Dicky Attenborough's epic.

I just had a feeling that Scunny would be wrong. Playing the percentage game.

And where's the FM? One of the nations most important bridges closed causing millions of pounds of losses to the Scottish economy.

She's out the country promising money out Scottish budget to give away to overseas projects. Leadership. Austerity.

And where's the FM? One of the nations most important bridges closed causing millions of pounds of losses to the Scottish economy.

She's out the country promising money out Scottish budget to give away to overseas projects. Leadership. Austerity.

Yeah oversea projects to prevent more climate change. As opposed to bombing the shit out of a country. One sortie costs more than the £12 million promised.

Partisans are the bane of good politics.

Nigel are you suggesting that we shouldn't be supporting poorer countries?

Jeez yer an erse. What the hell is she (or any other politician for that matter) supposed to do ?

Jeez yer an erse. What the hell is she (or any other politician for that matter) supposed to do ?

I do wonder.

I heard David Cameron is off to Carlisle today. Unless he's bringing a mop and some sand bags, I don't really see the point...

Even less so Nicoka sturgeon sticking on a hard hat and yellow vest to stand pointing at a broken bridge.

Nigel are you suggesting that we shouldn't be supporting poorer countries?

Yes. UK gives 0.7% of budget to overseas aid. The platinum amount which agencies campaign for. Holyrood is for devolved matters of which foreign aid is not one. People cry austerity and funding while the budget is spent outside.

Yes. UK gives 0.7% of budget to overseas aid. The platinum amount which agencies campaign for. Holyrood is for devolved matters of which foreign aid is not one. People cry austerity and funding while the budget is spent outside.

The uk budget of 0.7% is a slush fund for backhanders to poor countries so they will buy British arms. Nothing from you on that.

Yes that's right. All the aid agencies who praised the rate are all wrong and also paid off by raytheon and lockhead martin.

£9 million is clearly something that Scotland does not need for bridge maintenance.

On a side note the train to Fife will be as packed as the Edinburgh to Glasgow train with standing room only. 8 years of power. 8 years of excuses. Nicola doesn't get the train though. Drives every day on a 2 lane "motorway". Carbon footprint.