Forth Road Bridge Closed - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forth Road Bridge Closed

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I wouldn't cross the road to see the royal family, I fail to see what prince Andrews cock has to do with the forth road bridge.

I'm sure there's a joke in there about something linking a highly respected national treasure to a bunch of fannies but I can't quite work it out ....

The political spat over this is rumbling on like an HGV over a truss end link...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/12048451/SNP-told-to-come-clean-over-Forth-road-bridge-closure.html

Looks like Labour's "smoking gun" Email might be a bit of a damp squib.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-trick-is-to-keep-reading/

And some more here

http://wingsoverscotland.com/lie-by-lie/

Politics

Exactly.

Even I am starting to get a wee bit concerned about how inept the Labour party in Scotland has become. There are plenty other things that Labour could be politicking about against the SNP instead of rummaging aboot in somebody's drawers trying to find some dodgy "smoking gun" email to try to invent a story. Do they really think that forcing a Transport minister to resign over this, is going to help them at the ballot box next May? The thing is, they probably do.

There certainly could be a lot of votes to win in Fife over this...

There would be if Labour could could find the right way to pin something on the SNP for this. But I'm not sure them spreading lies and half truths just trying the same old smear tactics is going to work. They need to tell folk what they would have done ( and would do in the future) differently. But the truth is, that they wouldn't have done anything different because they were involved in the decision making process and they know that the correct decisions were made at the time. The only difference is, that if it had been left up to Labour the new bridge wouldn't be getting built. I think most Fifers are well aware of this.

Exactly.

Even I am starting to get a wee bit concerned about how inept the Labour party in Scotland has become. There are plenty other things that Labour could be politicking about against the SNP instead of rummaging aboot in somebody's drawers trying to find some dodgy "smoking gun" email to try to invent a story. Do they really think that forcing a Transport minister to resign over this, is going to help them at the ballot box next May? The thing is, they probably do.

And the SNP never engage in politicking. However the Transport Minister position does seem to be a poisoned chalice.

Labour would have been far better served putting huge amounts of pressure on over the government response, e.g. "What is the Scottish government doing to enable home and remote working for civil servants, ensuring the smooth running of government services and reducing pressure on alternative transport routes?", "What are the Scottish Government's Business Continuity plans and how have the helped ensure continued services in this difficult time?", "Has the Scottish Government considered leasing temporary office space in Fife for public sector workers in order to relieve pressure on the reduced transport infrastructure?".

The response generally has been good, but there's always additional pressure points - "Has the SG looked into additional air ambulances to cope with emergency situations?"

And the SNP never engage in politicking. However the Transport Minister position does seem to be a poisoned chalice.

Of course they do. They just happen to be better at it. In recent times at least. Even Labour folk must be a wee bit embarrassed about this latest "smoking gun" email fiasco. No?

Aye, I think Derek Mackay might be required to run the 2016 election campaign. A very important job. I'm not sure it would be fair to ask him to do that and be Transport Minister at the same time. :wink2: John Swinney will still be too busy negotiating fiscal frameworks.

The response generally has been good, but there's always additional pressure points - "Has the SG looked into additional air ambulances to cope with emergency situations?"

Emergency vehicles can still use the FRB so they are probably getting about quicker than normal. They could still get caught up in traffic jams on other roads, I suppose .