Documentaries - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone recommend any? Fancy sickening myself further on how horrible the world is.

Watched a good few today

Fire in the blood - 2013 one about how AIDS treatment was restricted in he developed world

The corporation - 2003 one about capatlists

Manufactung Consent - based on the Chomsky book, explores his thoughts and opinions on the media in politics

Going Clear - a look in to Scientology. HBO and quite long, but very interesting and enjoyable. Interesting break down about the religion from former members and it's also fascinating to see how bizarre Tom Cruise seems to be.

Inside Job - deals with the financial crisis of 2007/08.

Strangely I was going to post the very same topic last week....then forgot. here a few I've seen recently.

The Invisible War (about the cover up of Rape in the US Military)

Black Fish (Seaworld's treatment of Orca's, and cover up of fatal incidents)

Fahrenheit 911 (most folk have probably seen this by now, worth a watch if you haven't)

Some Kind of Monster - Metallica (follows the band about on the St Anger tour)

Guns n Roses - Behind the Music (this was on VH1 for ages a while back)

Always Believe - The Ultimate Warrior Story (fooking hate WWE these days but loved this guy when I was a nipper :blush: )

Deep!

Got inside job and going clear.

The invisible war sounds interesting. Blackfish was really good.

This one will give you the history of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqUr7PSRO8

For the history of oil look at Daniel Yergins award winning book "The prize" or there is an adaption of about 6 hours documentary

Nah that's not deep, there are some documentaries that are banned from being shown in some countries etc.

Edited by phart

There's a good fly on the wall documentary called 'Knuckle' that's about Irish travelers who knock absolute fvck out each other...You'll feel better about yourself after watching it.

Think it's from 2011-2012

This is great. Think it's on YouTube

Weight of Chains (documentary about the fall of Yugoslavia... Only thing is it is heavily Serbian backing, but interesting all the same).

Winter on Fire - Amazing new documentary about the Ukrainian Maidan.

Edited by wanderer

Where can I find that?

Netflix .I think all those are on Netflix though I had seen the Alex Gibney ones before they were.

Restrepo is worth a watch and with the likelihood of Britain getting fracked to feck then Gasland might be worth a view if you haven't seen it.

Netflix had a good choice of documentaries the last time I logged in (about 4 months ago)