March/ May Friendlies - Page 19 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to this glamour freindly. No substitute for qualifying for euros but will get a flavour of the tournament by playing at one of the stadia. What could have been.

Metz is not holding any Euro games as it only holds 27,000.

At a guess I would say something round about those figures, as game will be pretty low key probably (given Metz is in the back end of nowhere within France)

I did think it was odd firstly the venue and the timing, I guess they see us as similar opposition to Romania. As to how much interest the French support will have in the game less than a week before they kick it off is anyone's guess.

Venue is shite. At least a one stop flight and or minimum 1 hr train journey

Edited by Mazziessc

:angry::angry:

I did think it was odd firstly the venue and the timing, I guess they see us as similar opposition to Romania. As to how much interest the French support will have in the game less than a week before they kick it off is anyone's guess.

aye nothing like making it somewhere easy to get to :angry:

I think there is some kind of ban on venues being used for matches before the tournament starts, so probably out of their hands where they can play it.

I also suspect that France will use this as their last game to try out fringe players in the squad and any new idea's (probably want to avoid any star players picking up a needless injury a week before the tournament starts).

Now this is a match venue where a charter would be handy.

Not really.... There is something like 3/4 airports with direct flights to Scotland within 2/3 hours by train/bus and a further 2 within a hour or so with flights to London.