Good Luck Bosnia Thread - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good Luck Bosnia Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12250175_10208180237652140_5040535293761

Purely for footballing reasons

Just back from Sarajevo this afternoon - Dzeko and the bosnian team were in the departure area of sarajevo airport with us...as their plane to Dublin departed the same time as ours.

I cannot compliment Dzeko enough on his courtesy and decency.

He took time out to pose for photos with the Irish fans and chat with us despite him relaxing with his teamates. A very humble guy and Absolute Gentleman...top player and top guy...a credit to his country

Just back from Sarajevo this afternoon - Dzeko and the bosnian team were in the departure area of sarajevo airport with us...as their plane to Dublin departed the same time as ours.

I cannot compliment Dzeko enough on his courtesy and decency.

He took time out to pose for photos with the Irish fans and chat with us despite him relaxing with his teamates. A very humble guy and Absolute Gentleman...top player and top guy...a credit to his country

Interesting.Always had the impression he was a bit aloof.I stand corrected.Good result btw!

Interesting.Always had the impression he was a bit aloof.I stand corrected.Good result btw!

Cheers mate

Ah he was such a top bloke - real good guy. Very down to earth and just came across as a very likeable fellow

Same applies with Amir Begovic - who actually stepped away from the bosnian team to chat with the irish fans and pose for photos ........massive respect to them both

Joint Scottish/Irish booze cruise to Marbella if it goes tits up for Ireland at the Aviva on Monday. Banter can include how Ireland conceded such a soft goal, retorted with how Ireland still got slightly further in the competition.

fingers and toes crossed, tournament is going to be hard to watch - but if ireland qualify it will be x10 worse.

fingers and toes crossed, tournament is going to be hard to watch - but if ireland qualify it will be x10 worse.

Easy solution if that happens......just dont watch it and instead put your energies into focussing on qualifying for Russia :ok::ok::ok:

Considering the current horror and bigger issues currently going on in France, people/fans should be seriously concerned if EURO 2016 is going to be targeted by terrorists consider the France connection.....worrying about whether Ireland qualify or not is really not actually worth worrying about at all if your not an Ireland fan or have an issue with the Irish fans/team in the greater scheme of things

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Joint Scottish/Irish booze cruise to Marbella if it goes tits up for Ireland at the Aviva on Monday. Banter can include how Ireland conceded such a soft goal, retorted with how Ireland still got slightly further in the competition.

Went out to watch the game with pals last night. Slapped my Luas ticket on the table and told them it was my ticket for the bandwagon. Can i join in if ye's qualify? Actually, living here i probably have more right tae play for ye than 75% of yer squad! :P

Wow, what an utterly pathetic thread. Fair play to the lads who have pointed that out but the rest of ye are making Scotland look totally small time. No wonder ye voted no.

Great trip to Bosnia with a good result. Immensely looking forward to tomorrow night and hopefully sealing our place in France. An injury time aggregate winner off James McCarthy's arse after a long hit and hope would do nicely, the melt down here would be ridiculous.

COME ON IRELAND!!

Wow, what an utterly pathetic thread. Fair play to the lads who have pointed that out but the rest of ye are making Scotland look totally small time. No wonder ye voted no.

Great trip to Bosnia with a good result. Immensely looking forward to tomorrow night and hopefully sealing our place in France. An injury time aggregate winner off James McCarthy's arse after a long hit and hope would do nicely, the melt down here would be ridiculous.

COME ON IRELAND!!

Hope dzeko puts 3 past ye

COME ON IRELAND!!

are all the Irish forums no working ,your teams on the brink of qualifying and you come on this site to gloat ,who's the pathetic one

Who knows, maybe he will, still doesn't make you look any less pathetic.

Says the guy sitting on a Scotland forum when his team could qualify. Personally never visited another teams message board and if I was to do it it certainly wouldn't be under your circumstances. Idiot

Personal insults now. Top man. If you don't want to visit forums for other teams, good for you. I like reading other views from other sets of fans. Is that really a big deal? If I find a point of view particularly sad or pathetic, particularly when it relates to Ireland, I might make my feelings known. Now you or anyone else are free to ignore it or, like you have, throw out an insult. Fine, no problem. The implication though seems to be that I am the pathetic one for visiting your forum simply on the basis that Ireland still might qualify and I cannot fathom how one can come to that conclusion? I'm simply sitting around on a Sunday afternoon, still somewhat delicate from Bosnia and browsing the internet. Now if I had gone straight from Sarajevo to Glasgow and sat in a bar full of Scottish fans you might have a point. I don't think typing in a website address and having a read of what is written comes even remotely close to that. Also (and perhaps your computer doesn't have this capability) you can be on more than website at once. Rest assured though, I won't be on here tomorrow night, Ill be roaring on our lads to (hopefully) qualification to France.

If we fail, well congratulations in advance to you and all the other bitter Scots. Once again, top man :ok:

are all the Irish forums no working ,your teams on the brink of qualifying and you come on this site to gloat ,who's the ######ing pathetic one

No the YBIG forum is working fine. Who is gloating? I see a thread talking about wanting us to get "pumped" etc and point out how pathetic that is. Some of your fellow Scots have actually done likewise. As I say, it makes you look totally small time. Have I hit a nerve?

No the YBIG forum is working fine. Who is gloating? I see a thread talking about wanting us to get "pumped" etc and point out how pathetic that is. Some of your fellow Scots have actually done likewise. As I say, it makes you look totally small time. Have I hit a nerve?

Many of the Scotland fans are attention seeking kilt wearing tossers. Many will come on here and tell us how all the Celtic and Rangers fans are bad yet will be the same idiots pishing in peoples gardens on the way to or from Hampden.

An injury time aggregate winner off James McCarthy's arse after a long hit and hope would do nicely, the melt down here would be ridiculous.

COME ON IRELAND!!

Another Darren Randolph assist.

:lol:

I'd quite like to see Ireland go through, always had a soft spot for them going back to the 90 and 94 world cups.

Would also like to see Randolh go as their number one, as he was a great player for Motherwell, if he was a few inches taller I think he'd be one of the best....

They still play horrible football, and will be pretty sad being the only ones not at the party!

This idea that we should all be coralled into supporting good ol Ireland is bizarre! They have carried a huge amount of luck during this campaign as even most Irish admit, and good luck to them, but they contribute next to nothing in a football sense and sooner or later that is going to bite them on the bum. Full credit to their fans but after enduring Ireland this past campaign I hope Bosnia squeeze through and spare us watching them in France.

This idea that we should all be coralled into supporting good ol Ireland is bizarre! They have carried a huge amount of luck during this campaign as even most Irish admit, and good luck to them, but they contribute next to nothing in a football sense and sooner or later that is going to bite them on the bum. Full credit to their fans but after enduring Ireland this past campaign I hope Bosnia squeeze through and spare us watching them in France.

Any team taking four points from Germany deserves to go through in my book.

I can never quite fathom a team being called lucky for scoring late goals or hitting a long ball and scoring a goal. And as above, 4 point from the world champs can't be put down to luck IMO.

Anyway Since when did we become so good that we can craw about how teams win a game? I think I would rather we just fecking won them and qualified :)

I can never quite fathom a team being called lucky for scoring late goals or hitting a long ball and scoring a goal. And as above, 4 point from the world champs can't be put down to luck IMO.

Anyway Since when did we become so good that we can craw about how teams win a game? I think I would rather we just fecking won them and qualified :)

My thoughts exactly.

There's a big difference between not supporting them and wanting them to get beaten.

I couldn't care less if they qualify as I don't support them or Bosnia.

I have sympathy with Ireland after Henry's handball to put them out before, so can't say it'd bother me at all if they made it through.