Ross County/ Celtic Minute Silence - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ross County/ Celtic Minute Silence

I don't bother with a poppy now as the meaning of it has been lost. Many a Sunday morning was spent freezing my erse off when I was at BB, but it's nothing but a cricus these days.

Anyone who disrupts a minute silence (for anything) is an attention seeking knob end. If you don't want to take part, you can easilly avoid it. Even if it was something I wasn't interested in, I'd still respect it, so it's hard to fathom what these folk are all about.

What I can't be bothered with, though, is the folk sitting there with the belt undone & Kleenex at the ready. These folk who can't wait to be offended are nutters as well.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at church yesterday, I support Rangers, I knew there would be issues at the Celtic game, neither club went through my thoughts yesterday. It is getting boring, but doesn't bother me one iota. Don't care who is using the Poppy for what gain, I wear it because I believe it is the right thing to do the last 2 weeks, and I am proud to remember all those killed in war, especially those I knew. Can't be bothered nowadays with those that have an opinion on almost everything and feel they need to voice it, in one ear, out the other. You should do what you want to do and get on with it. Simples.

BG would I be right in saying you are ex-forces (or still ) ?

That's even worse than Rangers.

True, but of course the big difference is that Leicester aren't a club where the fans see the team they support as a conduit for their loyalist/unionist politics....or vice-versa.

Leicester's actions just look a bit daft, but carry no deeper or alternative meaning. Rangers.....and I've seen 1st hand their Remembrance Day 'celebrations'.... are pandering to the warped 'traditions' of the lowest common denominator in their support.

The comments on Rangers Facebook pages about James Maclean and Celtic are laughable.

"They show zero respect for the heroes the stupid Fenian peado bastards"

Couldn't make it up.

Edit: I don't trawl them btw. Problem with newsfeed and Facebook this stuff regularly shows up on the Timeline.

Edited by wembley67lisbon

The black and tans were police were they not?

They were basically a milita that went around destroying private property. Killing folk etc. They were raised ostensibly as a support for local constabulary but wore army uniforms. The basis of policing in this country is based on "policing by consent" this didn't exist in Ireland at the time.

It's the modern urge to be seen publicly to grieve.

When Diana died the country was a feckin joke with folk who only ever read the newspaper fictions greetin and beating their chests in public grief. Those who didn't give a toss were "heartless".

More and more folk appear to be addicted to public shows of grief despite not really feeling anything.

It's sad and desperate really.

I totally agree, one scotland many cultures as we are told. I believe in freedom of speech. The media dictates to us contantly how we should react to things!

No they were not Police.I agree if they dont want to honour the min silence then come in late.All Im pointing out is why some may wish to disrespect it

To be honest the reason for being a lowlife antisocial is completely immaterial.

There's no need for it.