Divorce - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

a wife that alway

Anyone else heading for divorce because of the referendum?
It was kind of jokey at first with the wife, but now it's looking we might get it she is going totally mental at every YES post or news item.

A wife that always says NO? That can't be good

Maybe some people think I have taken things to far but this means so much to me and I have thrown so much effort behind it. I have deleted people on facebook for liking the better together page and posting unionist nonsense, including a friend I used to live with. My brothers fiance voted no so I have banned her from my house. I would dissown any family memeber that voted no and if my girlfriend was intending to vote no there isn't a chance I could still be with her.

Luckily she is voting yes as are all my family.

Maybe some people think I have taken things to far but this means so much to me and I have thrown so much effort behind it. I have deleted people on facebook for liking the better together page and posting unionist nonsense, including a friend I used to live with. My brothers fiance voted no so I have banned her from my house. I would dissown any family memeber that voted no and if my girlfriend was intending to vote no there isn't a chance I could still be with her.

Luckily she is voting yes as are all my family.

Is that not a bit extreme? Surely people are entitled to have a different political outlook than yourself without you having to cut them off completely? With that logic you'll need to ignore about 49.5% of the country come Friday morning!

I don't need unionist friends, I have enough Yes ones and have made many more over the past couple of years.

My brother's fiance voted no becasue she doesn't like Alex Salmond, that surely justifies a ban on its own.

Is being intolerant of others because of their religious or political beliefs not bigotry?

I think married women should vote the way their husbands tell them. Why should women have to worry about these things when they already don't have enough hours in their day for houswork and making the T.

Edited by peever1745

I actual feel that I am being far more reasonable than my friends and family and have had to put up with their BT aggression for some time now.

If they don't want to vote YES that's up to them, they are too far gone to bother trying to convince.

I'll be glad when its all over and we have won.

I can imagine relationships of all types being strained especially as the vitriol has heated up. Even more so when you are passionate about the result and others don't share this core value.

But it is only a democratic vote, no one dies, the sun still comes up on Friday. Relationships can, and will, be repaired.

Contrast this to the Irish Civil war in the 1920s, a bloody affair of father v son, wife v husband which resonates even until this day in the make up of the Irish parliament.