Hibernian Vs Rangers - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs Rangers

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is the same one as I have just seen, the 2 numpties are standing in front of the bus as it tries to get along the road. Have you seen one where they are attacking it?

Aye the one where glass bottles are thrown at it?

Only managed to see the first half. Hibs were worth their lead at that point so the final result didn't surprise me. Speaking to a few boys and they reckon we had more of the second half.

Anyway well done to Hibs. Whether we had more of the second half or not they got the winner, so fair play to them.

To the person saying it's an advert for hoofball I actually commented at half time that we had played a lot of long balls into the channels so there is perhaps something in that today.

Yeah, a bottle hits the bus. Absolute brain dead arseholes who behave like that. But in your post you mention 40+ year old men attacking a Rangers bus, that's the bit that confused me. :blink: Could you clarify this bit. :)

It sounds like he's saying men aged 40+ are attacking a Rangers bus. What's there to be confused about? You said you'd seen clip of bottles being thrown.

just seen the video of the bus attack. not quite an all out offensive. The bottle been thrown though is a disgrace, cowards who do that.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-watch-footage-fans-clash-6747713

The story i'm hearing is before that, the busdriver stopped the bus opened the door and rangers fans spat on someones son (the guy with green jacket on) hence trying to stop the bus, got a police report etc, looking for CCTV.

Edited by phart

So from this, Fyvie and Bartley for Hibs and Halliday get booked. Waghorn? Not a chance, already on yellow, ref bottled it.

https://streamable.com/x79i

Waghorn should have been booked for that and therefore sent off.

The Hibs player with the initial challenge was lucky not to be sent off. Two footed uncontrolled challenge is a red these days despite it being a staple of any midfield clash back in the day.

just seen the video of the bus attack. not quite an all out offensive. The bottle been thrown though is a disgrace, cowards who do that.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-watch-footage-fans-clash-6747713

What were the two fannies doing in front of the bus? Looking for a lift?

Have to say they're lucky it wasn't me driving, I'd just have floored it and let them worry about themselves.

Two cowards lobbing first a can and then a bottle at the bus from within a crowd. Shitebags of the first order. Hopefully a fellow fan with some sense of right and wrong will report the twats.

Doesn't matter what team you follow, you should be able to do it in safety.

This shames our society and makes it look like our favourite sport is followed by nothing but neanderthals.

And I know that the Rangers support has its fair share, before some apologist starts the whataboutery.

It sounds like he's saying men aged 40+ are attacking a Rangers bus. What's there to be confused about? You said you'd seen clip of bottles being thrown.

No. Like I said, I saw a bottle being launched from a crowd by some single brain celled toss pot. What I didn't see was 40+ year old men attacking the bus, as was suggested by GRBear. Hence the confusion.

But I am sure he will be along to clarify what he meant soon

Hope this clarifies it for you.

What were the two fannies doing in front of the bus? Looking for a lift?

Have to say they're lucky it wasn't me driving, I'd just have floored it and let them worry about themselves.

Two cowards lobbing first a can and then a bottle at the bus from within a crowd. Shitebags of the first order. Hopefully a fellow fan with some sense of right and wrong will report the twats.

Doesn't matter what team you follow, you should be able to do it in safety.

This shames our society and makes it look like our favourite sport is followed by nothing but neanderthals.

And I know that the Rangers support has its fair share, before some apologist starts the whataboutery.

Two sides and all that, sounds a bit more than whataboutery (and from what the video shows) to me.

Gobbing on a 10 year old is beyond the pale, Animals!

J

From Hibs.net

"I know a thread was stated earlier and deleted m, and now the record have decided to put out an inaccurate story so I wanted to put the right version on here to see. I'm sure there was plenty witnesses anyway that can back me up.

On the following link, there is a video of me and a guy standing in front of a Rangers supporters mini bus - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-clash-6747713

At around 12.15, me, my 10 year old son, my dad and a couple of friends were walking up Easter road, chatting on the way to the game. Suddenly, a minibus pulled up alongside us, the door opened and a guy spat out of the bus. It landed on my son. I didn't realise at first and walked to near the corner of Albion Road, but then my lad told me what happened. I walked out onto the road as the lights were at red. There was already a few Hibs fans in front of the bus as they had seen what happened. I looked around for some police but amazingly there was none to be seen. I went to the front of the bus and stood in front of it as my dad ran up the road to inform a police van. I tried shouting through the glass to the driver to stop as the police were coming and he decided to accelerate so we had no choice but to move out of the way. By this point my dad had alerted the police van near the Hibs club and it appeared like they pulled them over. I left it at this point and then contacted police Scotland once home with my complaint. It now seems the above video has been shared on several Rangers FB pages, claiming that the bus was attacked. I'm raging. I don't agree with the bottle being chucked but the boys on the bus were disgusting. Smashing their drink bottles off the window, chucking them when the door got opened, and obviously the spitting. Not to mention the driver who opened the door and chose to accelerate. Police Scotland are now looking at cctv and are coming to see me this evening. They can do what they want to me, which would be bad enough, but to a child, disgusting. And the fact they and the daily record are now trying to use a 20 second video to claim the exact opposite - shocking."

Edited by Bristolhibby

Two sides and all that, sounds a bit more than whataboutery (and from what the video shows) to me.

Gobbing on a 10 year old is beyond the pale, Animals!

J

From Hibs.net

"I know a thread was stated earlier and deleted m, and now the record have decided to put out an inaccurate story so I wanted to put the right version on here to see. I'm sure there was plenty witnesses anyway that can back me up.

On the following link, there is a video of me and a guy standing in front of a Rangers supporters mini bus - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-clash-6747713

At around 12.15, me, my 10 year old son, my dad and a couple of friends were walking up Easter road, chatting on the way to the game. Suddenly, a minibus pulled up alongside us, the door opened and a guy spat out of the bus. It landed on my son. I didn't realise at first and walked to near the corner of Albion Road, but then my lad told me what happened. I walked out onto the road as the lights were at red. There was already a few Hibs fans in front of the bus as they had seen what happened. I looked around for some police but amazingly there was none to be seen. I went to the front of the bus and stood in front of it as my dad ran up the road to inform a police van. I tried shouting through the glass to the driver to stop as the police were coming and he decided to accelerate so we had no choice but to move out of the way. By this point my dad had alerted the police van near the Hibs club and it appeared like they pulled them over. I left it at this point and then contacted police Scotland once home with my complaint. It now seems the above video has been shared on several Rangers FB pages, claiming that the bus was attacked. I'm raging. I don't agree with the bottle being chucked but the boys on the bus were disgusting. Smashing their drink bottles off the window, chucking them when the door got opened, and obviously the spitting. Not to mention the driver who opened the door and chose to accelerate. Police Scotland are now looking at cctv and are coming to see me this evening. They can do what they want to me, which would be bad enough, but to a child, disgusting. And the fact they and the daily record are now trying to use a 20 second video to claim the exact opposite - shocking."

Very interesting. Hopefully the police can get the truth and nick everyone who deserves it.

Spitting is utterly disgusting and I believe is classed as assault now. If it's true I hope they get the vile beast that did it.

I don't blame the driver though as he's probably just looking to protect himself TBF.

The bitabout the folk on the bus throwing the bottle sounds made up as the door is on the other side from the filming position but that's the side the bottle bounced off the bus. Unless it's about something that happens where the viewpoint can't see?

Context is everything................***This is not the strap line of the Daily Record***

Daily Record taking an Old Firm club's side shocker. Still at least their readership is dropping dramatically with every year that passes.

The formula for the perfect Daily Record edition:

• Last nights murders in detail.
  • Yesterdays junkies in court for sentencing.
  • A six page special on how Scottish Labour are amazing and a reminder that Kezia Dugdale loves us all very much.
  • Detailed expose on how the SNP kidnap children and force them to work in Nicola Sturgeon's secret diamond mine.
  • Light hearted article on Old Firm fans being scallywags at the weekends matches and engaging in all round good natured banter with each other.
  • Old Firm fans being bullied by nasty, unsophisticated East Coast delinquents.
  • Old Firm transfer news.
  • Previews of yet another former Old Firm favourites new autobiography.
  • Breathless round up of the Old Firm manager's press conference where they are asked tough and highly original questions by the finest sports journalists in the land.

Very interesting. Hopefully the police can get the truth and nick everyone who deserves it.

Spitting is utterly disgusting and I believe is classed as assault now. If it's true I hope they get the vile beast that did it.

I don't blame the driver though as he's probably just looking to protect himself TBF.

The bitabout the folk on the bus throwing the bottle sounds made up as the door is on the other side from the filming position but that's the side the bottle bounced off the bus. Unless it's about something that happens where the viewpoint can't see?

I admit if someone spat on my lad I'd be going into the bus swinging. I applaud his restraint.

Not sure why he would make up anything TBH.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

No. Like I said, I saw a bottle being launched from a crowd by some single brain celled toss pot. What I didn't see was 40+ year old men attacking the bus, as was suggested by GRBear. Hence the confusion.

But I am sure he will be along to clarify what he meant soon

Hope this clarifies it for you.

So being blocked from moving and having a bottle thrown isn't attacking? Not exactly warfare, but still attacking it.

There are 2 bottles thrown in that video clip. One bottle of beer from the opposite side of the road at the bus. One bottle of buckfast thrown out of the bus driver's window on this side, by one of the passengers by the look of it.