Best Points Return For A 4Th Place Team.... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Points Return For A 4Th Place Team....

kmcca5

The dutch will need to sort themselves in time. Italy and Sweeden in their group.

Thing I had heard tonight in comentary was that they dont have a massive amount of guys between 23 and 30. They are either all very young or over 30 and coming to the end. Will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

The dutch will need to sort themselves in time. Italy and Sweeden in their group.

Thing I had heard tonight in comentary was that they dont have a massive amount of guys between 23 and 30. They are either all very young or over 30 and coming to the end. Will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

I was under the impression they had plenty great u-21 prospects ?

Sure it's just a blip.

France and Sweden in their group

With Depay and Van Persie fighting in camp during the week in training - there is other issues going on ......not a happy place to be at the moment

Would expect Blind to go after this campaign and a new manager be brought in

Some senior players will retire from International duty and the younger ones will learn from this campaign ....would be surprised if they carry over the same problems into the next campaign

Dutch players fighting amongst themselves?

Hardly a new phenomenon.

tbh im not sure if it is/isnt .....but you would think that a week before the final must win game - that they could have kept it together for the sake of qualifying

but just the fact that they didnt just sums up the problems within the camp over the whole campaign

tbh im not sure if it is/isnt .....but you would think that a week before the final must win game - that they could have kept it together for the sake of qualifying

but just the fact that they didnt just sums up the problems within the camp over the whole campaign

They've done it in WC & Euro Finals for years.

Fair enough - just cant recall it tbh

Would be of the opinion the mood in the camp was pretty good under LVG in the last world cup though.....shocking to see the quick collapse from 3rd in the world to this over a 15 month period

I think LVG brought them back but they have had players and management falling out regularly in major tournaments.

Sometimes (often) it clicks, but at other times they've crumbled through disagreements and egos.

Their main front men are on the wrong side of thirty. And looking at their squad on the BBC website tonight, there is no name really jumping out at you in terms of being a genuine superstar.

Start of a downward spiral perhaps?

What's happening to Holland is what happened to us in the late 80s. Our league weakened due to not being a glitzy rich plaything. Holland is slowly going the same.