Sfa Press Conference ? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Press Conference ?

Ally Bongo

I assume useless Stewart Regan will be addressing the media in the aftermath of another failure ?

Also the smart money is on Strachan leaving listening to Sportsound earlier

The reasoning is that before and after the match he could have said he was staying on when asked but deflected the question both times.

It's also time for MSM reporters like Spiers to start giving the SFA a hard time and start holding them to task - although i realise it doesnt benefit them to dispel the myth that Scottish football isnt pure pish

Regan's plans for the next campaign:

1. All home kick-offs to be 11.45PM on a Sunday so that there are nae buses instead of hardly any.
  2. TV rights to go to Azerbaijani National Television
  3. England fans to be allowed to mingle in home areas like Polish fans to encourage brotherly good relations
  4. Early exit from qualification contention to save on travel costs to finals. Again.
  5. Oh, and doubling of SSC fees 'cause we know they'll pay up for the England gemmes. Heh, heh, heh!

I assume useless Stewart Regan will be addressing the media in the aftermath of another failure ?

The reasoning is that before and after the match he could have said he was staying on when asked but deflected the question both times.

It's also time for MSM reporters like Spiers to start giving the SFA a hard time and start holding them to task - although i realise it doesnt benefit them to dispel the myth that Scottish football isnt pure pish

That was just the opinion of the rag hack who was on the programme. Twats like that would like nothing more than another Scotland manager to fall by the wayside so they can get their "Who next?" headlines dusted down.

I texted the show about the changes having to start from the top down, It's not going to happen, but unless it does we will just keep stumbling from failure to failure.

That was just the opinion of the rag hack who was on the programme. Twats like that would like nothing more than another Scotland manager to fall by the wayside so they can get their "Who next?" headlines dusted down.

I texted the show about the changes having to start from the top down, It's not going to happen, but unless it does we will just keep stumbling from failure to failure.

I realise it was a Sun hack but his point was valid

Strachan could have gave everyone a boost when asked before the game - even if only to say "im here as long as they want me" or something like that

Similarly after the match too

Even before i listened to sportsound i was under the impression he wasnt 100% behind the idea

Strachan is loved by the media - most other managers would be under severe pressure for taking five points from the last five games to blow the position we'd got into at half-way.

I think Strachan himself will choose to step away. If he goes now, dignity is still intact and he can probably get a Championship gig easily enough. The World Cup is much harder to qualify for than the Euros so if he stays he's likely going to have failed twice with us and the shine from the post-Levein spell will have been long forgotten.

Whether it's the best thing for the team is another matter of course. We clearly have issues that go way beyond the manager.

So is this the start of a media witch hunt to get wgs oot?

Is he a member of the SNP ......

Na - consensus is there is nobody better at the moment

Appears he has brought the speculation all on himself

I realise it was a Sun hack but his point was valid

Strachan could have gave everyone a boost when asked before the game - even if only to say "im here as long as they want me" or something like that

Similarly after the match too

Even before i listened to sportsound i was under the impression he wasnt 100% behind the idea

He may end up knocking it on the head, but it will make no real difference to our long term chances of qualifying unless there are major structural changes made to the running of our game.

There are nowhere near enough all weather facilities in this country to encourage kids to play more regularly. There needs to be a serious sustained effort backed with hard cash if we want to do anything like the fans want to see.

Agreed

Reading about what's behind Iceland's success made me totally raging earlier

It highlights how little the SFA have really done

It's also time for them to start asking Strachan about his team selections as well to be fair which in the last four or five games have been baffling.

And the bitter irony is that we overlooked Iceland's current manager in favour of the utter weapon that was Levein.

Strachan's view in dodging the question is that he had players to lift and try and get them in the right frame of mind for our final game. Once Sunday is out the road then that is the time for some soul searching. But I hope it is concluded sooner rather than later. Worst thing that can happen is for the whole thing to be allowed to be long drawn out.

Will he go? Who knows, it is very difficult to tell? He's already more or less said he is done at managing at club level. The lure of taking on England in the forthcoming qualifiers might be a tempter. Yes it is more difficult to qualify for the World Cup, but it is a doable group in terms of getting the play offs. I'd like him to stay, but if he goes then fair dos. Life goes on.

And the bitter irony is that we overlooked Iceland's current manager in favour of the utter weapon that was Levein.

The SFA probably knew he would press them to get the same infrastructure as Iceland

Mark Wotte clearly knew he was pissing against the wind - bellend or not

Sadly the whether Strachan stays or goes issue will be fabulous deflection for the SFA mismanagement of our game

If he stays they will be seen as heroes

CQ6V6lKW8AA65S-.jpg

Great post - the SFA really have to come out & explain to the fans (who fund their gravy train existance) what they intend to do about yet another abject failure, by the time WC2018 comes around that will be 20 years since we last qualified for a tournament FFS.

Time to forget about profit margins & focus on the football (which is the only thing that matters), their silence is so annoying, what I would give to have an Ernie Walker / Jim Farry in charge instead of the faceless shitebag that we have in charge today.

Also too many of our fans are quite happy to accept failure, as long as the can sing doh a deer & stick big daft feathers in their heids !!

FCKN PISSED OFF !!!!!!