Michelle Thomson - Edinburgh West Mp - Property Scandal - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michelle Thomson - Edinburgh West Mp - Property Scandal

The funny part is, they're unable to see just how ridiculous they all look. Mainly because all their fellow cult members on here back them up and tell them how right they (and the SNP) are on every single matter :lol:

They're certainly the creepiest political following I've ever encountered. The huns of politics one could say.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you believe there is some fundamental contradiction there or is it the number of properties you think is the problem?

yeah - this is the point thats making me crazy with the "no smoke without fire...... grab your torch & pitchfork mob"

are you allowed to own a business and support social justice. If so, are you allowed to rent out property at market rates ? If so I have no feckn clue what they are on about....

yeah - this is the point thats making me crazy with the "no smoke without fire...... grab your torch & pitchfork mob"

Do you ever make a post without throwing in a strawman?

Do you ever make a post without throwing in a strawman?

I have no idea what that means, is it a farming reference ? I also don't know why you want to have an online discussion about morality without being able to make a simple, clear statement about what precisely you think is immoral - seems you'd like to talk about anything except the thing you claim to object to....

Buying a property and then reselling the property on the same day to your husband for £31k more has nothing to do with the state the property was in or in fact probably anything to do with the property itself. Its a paper transaction, the reason for which hasn't been explained.

I've no beef with anybody wanting to be a landlord / property developer but this is the crux of the issue, and a particularly stinky one at that (if true of course)...

I have no idea what that means, is it a farming reference ? I also don't know why you want to have an online discussion about morality without being able to make a simple, clear statement about what precisely you think is immoral - seems you'd like to talk about anything except the thing you claim to object to....

I've made my points perfectly clearly.

If you're too lazy to read the thread or too thick to understand what has been posted, then that's y'our issue. I'm not here to spoon feed you.

So she owns a stack of properties so that she can profit from inflated rental prices, due to a shortage fo affordable housing. All the while she's also on Ashley Madison, doing feck knows what.

Clearly a bastion of the social justice, fairness and integrity policies which the SNP claim to represent...

I'd rather someone fvck a dead pig than own 17 properties for personal profit. Utter scumbaggery, IMO.

Depends on your definition of "wrong". I'd say owning 17 properties, in order to personally profit, is "wrong".

That's not really the issue with private renting though, is it? The issue is that people (in particular young, working class first time buyers cannot afford to get on the property ladder. In part, due to wealthy middle-aged people (like Ms Thomson) buying up properties as buy-to-lets and driving up prices.

The SNP are talking about building more affordable housing in order to solve this problem, yet they have an MP who owns 17 properties? It doesn't stack-up.

If the SNP want to be the same as Labour and Lib dems and Tories and say one thing, while doing another, that's up to them. I just think it's time that all their fanboys of here accepted that the SNP are little different from teh other establishment parties.

I guess it depends whether you think preying on the weak and the vulnerable is acceptable or not.

I don't have any "pretendy moral outrage". I don't support a political party like it's a fitbaw team, in the way you clearly do. I'm able to look at things objectively, regardless of the party involved.

She owned 17 properties, in order to personally profit from inflated rent prices (due to folk like her buying up multiple properties on a buy-to let basis. I think that is immoral.

I'm bemused at how she managed to buy and sell a house on the same day, making £31k in the process. I'd really like to see more details on that. As on the face of it, it looks dodgy as fook.

To me, if the SNP want to put themselves forward as a party of equality and social justice, then having someone like her represent them is incompatible with that.

So is it buy to let and renting at a profit that you think is immoral or is it the number of properties, in which case what number would you say is a "moral" number to own?

You really haven't made that clear.

So is it buy to let and renting at a profit that you think is immoral or is it the number of properties, in which case what number would you say is a "moral" number to own?

You really haven't made that clear.

I'd say purchasing a property that you have no intention of living in, in turn pushing up property prices, rental prices and reducing the availability of housing, in order to make financial gain is wrong.

Doing it on an industrial scale, as Michelle Thomson appears to have done, is utter scumbaggery IMO. It shows that she's a person that puts personal financial gain over fairness and equality.

I'd say purchasing a property that you have no intention of living in, in turn pushing up property prices, rental prices and reducing the availability of housing, in order to make financial gain is wrong.

Doing it on an industrial scale, as Michelle Thomson appears to have done, is utter scumbaggery IMO. It shows that she's a person that puts personal financial gain over fairness and equality.

No wonder the SNP wouldn't back rent controls across the private sector...

It not the BTL that was / is corrupt it is the fraud.

Basically purchased a property for £70k cash and then next day go and remortgage the next day a £100k property. On an 85% LTV she pockets £15k over night and still has the income from rental coming in. Plus she can sell it and make at least another £15k whenever .

So you don't believe there should be any sort of private rental sector whatsoever?

What is?

This thread and the desperation of some to justify rampant capitalism in a party who's mantra is of Social justice and equality.

Two values which can't be delivered by reformation, not least by neoliberal parties funded by wealthy donors.

When was that?

around 2008

this was around the same time, when there was self certification mortgages, where people effectively signed a form saying how much they earned (which they didn't )

effectively all people were doing was taking a gamble on someone else paying their mortgage, and house prices increasing, and low interest rates

now - they lucked out with the quatitive easing, rather than the interest rate increase, or they would have been well and truly screwed h

It not the BTL that was / is corrupt it is the fraud.

Basically purchased a property for £70k cash and then next day go and remortgage the next day a £100k property. On an 85% LTV she pockets £15k over night and still has the income from rental coming in. Plus she can sell it and make at least another £15k whenever .

Not getting you - whats fraud about that ?

its simply Equity Release - unless there is underlying fraud on the valuation survey from the surveyor

Behind every successful business person there's a string of shafted people. In this case society is also shafted. But that's how it is. That system is what 'we've' voted for for generations. Now even Tories are feigning disgust? It's laughable.