Will Ibrox Sell Out ? - Page 9 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Ibrox Sell Out ?

Robroysboy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd normal take two full buses for a Sat game, this Sat only one bus and that's not full.

Been in the travel club / SSC since 1994 / 95. Seriously thinking about not re-joining.

I (we've) bought the season ticket offer since they began - only 2 from 10 did this time

My view on it is, going back over my younger years, Scotland were regularly qualifying for tournaments, so in my eyes, I wanted to watch them, but couldn't due to being a kid, having no money, parents working etc etc.

When I could afford to watch them (around mid 90's), I joined the Travel Club to get tickets so I could go off on adventures and see a bit of the world and watch Scotland play, and soon after Euro 96 and WC98, well, we all know whats happened since.

So we have missed out on a generation or 2 of fans, clamouring to see their country succeed to major finals, so there is no momentum, no reason to join the SSC. The success simply hasn't been there.

Now, from what i see and read, the casual Scotland fan that was going to previous games at home at least, did so because it was affordable, and well, you never know, you might see something half decent, but its a day out, have now been driven away from this campaign due to over pricing.

Saturday will give us a good indication if thats the case anyway.

One tournament qualified for = rush for tickets.

So, its a gamble, how long do you stick it out???

Personally, packed in the SSC years back, as I couldn't commit to away games, therefore not guaranteed tickets for the ones I wanted.

Yes, but if you think back then, I'm sure there was an uproar about a huge increase in ticket prices for that campaign. On the back of a successful Euro 92 campaign, they got greedy and pumped up the prices massively, leading to a half empty Ibrox for the crunch games v Italy and Portugal.

Some things never change.

Right enough. I was trying to remember why I went to all the home qualifiers for World Cup 90, but none for 94. Price must've come into it....

Totally agree with all comments regarding the SFA but to be honest when are we ever happy, every campaign we moan moan moan I guess it's life just have to get on with it....Still searching for my first ever major tournament having been a long time member.. Don't think There will be a better chance than this in the near future so I'll ride the storm... Roll on sat lets get this show on the road.

Totally agree with all comments regarding the SFA but to be honest when are we ever happy, every campaign we moan moan moan I guess it's life just have to get on with it....Still searching for my first ever major tournament having been a long time member.. Don't think There will be a better chance than this in the near future so I'll ride the storm... Roll on sat lets get this show on the road.

The TA can be a moany bunch, they're also loyal.

SFA shouldn't give their loyal fanbase the opportunity to moan because they'll grab that opportunity with both hands.

The SFA have really messed up this time as their ticket pricing strategy is testing the fans' loyalty.

The TA can be a moany bunch, they're also loyal.

SFA shouldn't give their loyal fanbase the opportunity to moan because they'll grab that opportunity with both hands.

The SFA have really messed up this time as their ticket pricing strategy is testing the fans' loyalty.

I know i won't be back this year because of the price i cant justify it which i'm even more annoyed at now because i have to go watch Hibs v Dumbarton on Saturday instead!

I cant see there being more than 40,000 in the ground, with 35,000 a real possibility. That is going to look like a hell of a lot of empty seats.

I've been going along to qualifiers since the Italia 90 campaign, and you can count on one hand the number of home games I've missed in that 25 years. In the McLeish/McFadden era, we had a loose group of 12-20 folk meeting up in Glasgow from far & wide to go to the games. In recent years, I've also been taking my kids along too (paying full price to get them into the North Stand).

This campaign, there will be none of us there, as far as I am aware. Despite us having the most cohesive and tactically astute team in ages, the pricing policy has sickened everyone.

I have no plans to go to any one of the qualifiers, but I do still have the option as a SSC member should something change.

You think the pricing is just a coincidence after the No. These guys revel in it.

The only thing the shite running the SFA 'care about' is money.

That is why you have to cut off the flow until the bawbags at the top all resign, every fukking one of them.

Nothing will ever change as long as the money supply keep rolling in for them, nothing.

Charles Paterson on Sky Sports 2 minutes ago saying 'we understand the game is heading for close to a sell out'

Good, hope so.

Not from an SFA coffers point of view, but the teams point of view, thats the only thing that matters tomorrow afternoon !!

Not sure if its the ticket prices, referendum, or fact game isn't at Hampden, but I'm struggling to remember the run up to a Saturday game with as little excitement on this board. Normally there are annoying posts about how many sleeps to go or what seat folk are sitting in. Just feels like there's something missing.

Not sure if its the ticket prices, referendum, or fact game isn't at Hampden, but I'm struggling to remember the run up to a Saturday game with as little excitement on this board. Normally there are annoying posts about how many sleeps to go or what seat folk are sitting in. Just feels like there's something missing.

Personally I'm not convinced fitba message boards are ever that representative of a supports attitude. This board's definitely isn't representative of the Scotland fans I know, and have met personally over the years. The bitterness that some folk on this board apparently live their lives by is hilarious to the point I just don't believe it. The fact is people are invisible when they post online so I tend to take the more ridiculous opinions with a pinch of salt.

Pricing is definitely a thorn for a few guys I know, including myself. I'm picking and choosing my games this term as a result. Had this one not been the first home game I might not have attended. That said all of us that usually travel together are all going.

I don't know one person that isn't going due to the referendum result or because the game is at Ibrox. They will all sing Flower of Scotland regardless of what they voted.

The only real complaints I've heard about venues is the ROI game being at CP due to their management team and players maybe feeling a 'bit more at home there'. Personally I couldn't care less and neither is anyone I go to the games with.

So in short I'm looking forward to it mate, sorry to hear you aren't though. Hopefully a 2nd minute goal tomorrow will lift your spirits :ok: