October Squad. - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

October Squad.

saintlyscot

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing devil's advocate, should Morrison be included given he's suspended for Poland, or could we have used the squad place for another player?

I don't think there's a limit to the size of the squad?

In the hope that the Gibraltar game will still be relevant we will need our best XI available for that game, which should include Morrison...

What has Dorrans done not to get in the squad? 6 games + so far for EPL team doing well?

... thats Strachan for you! Last season Arfield was playing EPL every week but Strachan was picking Bannan, Anya, Maloney who were not.

Strachan doesnt pay much attention to what league your playing in. He seems to pick his squads based on if the players' style of play fits his philosophy.

kmcca5, on 29 Sept 2015 - 1:05 PM, said:

What has Dorrans done not to get in the squad? 6 games + so far for EPL team doing well?

I'd like to think that it takes more than playing 6 times in the EPL to get in the Scotland squad.

You've seen EPL games before, right'?

I'd like to think that it takes more than playing 6 times in the EPL to get in the Scotland squad.

You've seen EPL games before, right'?

Aye I watch a lot of games, each and every one of the teams in that league would hump Aberdeen.

kmcca5, on 29 Sept 2015 - 2:05 PM, said:

Aye I watch a lot of games, each and every one of the teams in that league would hump Aberdeen.

:lol:

Do we have some new bizarre selection criteria that is "play 6 games for a team better than Aberdeen"? Otherwise we'd have shite players like James Forrest getting called up. Oh, wait... You're not Gordon Strachan, are you?

:lol:

Do we have some new bizarre selection criteria that is "play 6 games for a team better than Aberdeen"? Otherwise we'd have shite players like James Forrest getting called up. Oh, wait... You're not Gordon Strachan, are you?

The point I was trying to make was WGS has included McDonald who has no international experience nor has he played at the top level yet Dorrans who has played from the start in 6 of Norwich's games this season in the EPL (Including the 1-1 draw awy to Liverpool is left out.

I can't understand why a player playing at the top level is left out when one playing at a lower level is included. I include Forrest in my bewilderment also! :blink:

Edited by kmcca5

kmcca5, on 29 Sept 2015 - 2:27 PM, said:

The point I was trying to make was WGS has included McDonald who has no international experience nor has he played at the top level yet Dorrans who has played from the start in 6 of Norwich's games this season in the EPL (Including the 1-1 draw awy to Liverpool is left out.

I can't understand why a player playing at the top level is left out when one playing at a lower level is included. I include Forrest in my bewilderment also! :blink:

I'm just having a joke with you! :lol:

I rate Dorrans and i agree he's more worthy of a call-up than Kevin McDonald.

I'm just having a joke with you! :lol:

I rate Dorrans and i agree he's more worthy of a call-up than Kevin McDonald.

I know, I am to quick to bite! Glad Shinnie has got a bit of recognition and a call up.