Wedding Favours - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wedding Favours

Getting married pretty soon and having to decide which favours to get for the guests. Was thinking along the lines of whisky minatures for the men and the future mrs has said soaps of some description for the ladies attending. Anyone done anything really different regarding this or been to a wedding that had memorable favours. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

there will be about 45 favours needed for both sexes

cheers

Rather than pay a few quid for each person for a trinket that would end up getting left on the table, my wife and I chose a charity each and made a donation on behalf of each guest to that charity. We chose the British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research and if you go on their website the will send you through a wee pin badge and a printed card for a minimum donation (think it was about 2 quid) that says a donation has been made on the guests behalf. It went down really well at our wedding and I was really pleasantly surprised to see the number of people wearing the pin badges by the end of the night.

When I got married 10 years ago I can't remember doing anything like that. It was in Poland so not sure they do that there. I really only Tured up . Great wedding and best day of my life. It was a free bar which was ok 10 years ago in Poland.

Rather than pay a few quid for each person for a trinket that would end up getting left on the table, my wife and I chose a charity each and made a donation on behalf of each guest to that charity. We chose the British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research and if you go on their website the will send you through a wee pin badge and a printed card for a minimum donation (think it was about 2 quid) that says a donation has been made on the guests behalf. It went down really well at our wedding and I was really pleasantly surprised to see the number of people wearing the pin badges by the end of the night.

I've been to a couple of weddings where that has been the case.

My cousin had cancer research ones at hers which was quite poignant as our gran had died a few months earlier from cancer.

that's a brilliant idea. think we may go down this road. cheers

I'm getting married in April next year and we have asked my fiancée's uncle to make some of his incredibly delicious tablet for the favours. We're going to get the wee boxes relatively cheaply online to keep the costs down.

That was what we did. Bottle of Whisky and Rakia for the males and home made tablet and baklava for the females. My mum made the tablet and her mum made the baklava. For the bottles we bought them online and created our own labels with the saltire and the Bosnian flag crossed.

Kevin's wedding planning at your service.

I really enjoyed planning the wedding, I must of had about 5 different spreadsheets tracking everything from cost to meal choices.

I manage the budget spreadsheet and the wedding bank account but other than that, I've basically done sod all! My fiancée loves all that stuff so I happily leave her to it.

I'm being dragged to a wedding fayre on Sunday though. :(

15 years together but still not made it official but we both agree if we do then spending should be kept to an absolute minimum and likewise guests.

Her brother's wedding had 4 guests and we all went to the pub for a meal afterwards.

Was ideal.

Getting married on saturday and we are having sweets in the bairns boxes. But for the adults we are having a slice of tablet and a slice of caramel shortcake.

Been at a few weddings where people have left scratch cards as the favours.

Edited by daddybuc16

We bought badges for a charity close to our heart and asked the guests to wear them which they all did.

Also took a collection for said charity around the tables raising £682 from 60 folk!

As said before, keep it cheap, it's an expense which isn't needed. If it had not been for the charity close to me there would have been nothing, the fukkers got a free meal and some free drink, that's more than enough.