Aberdeen And Hearts - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts

That Hearts team of 06 have become something of a myth now, they weren't even close to winning the league that year because they imploded spectacularly, it may have been their own fault but they were miles off the pace in the end.

From memory it was well after burley left we fell away, think we were about to draw level with Celtic in January that year until McManus got two late goals at tynecastle to win 3-2, then in that transfer window it all got a bit silly with Romanov and transfers.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From memory it was well after burley left we fell away, think we were about to draw level with Celtic in January that year until McManus got two late goals at tynecastle to win 3-2, then in that transfer window it all got a bit silly with Romanov and transfers.

I was in Amsterdam the day that game was happening; playing pool and having a beer (and a smoke and a pancake too) happy in the 'knowledge' we were about to win and go equal top into the New Year. Seconds later we had lost. Dodgy foul for someone (Maloney?) diving outside the box after challenge by Fyssas if I remember rightly. Long time ago now. Romanov had already pressed the self-destruct button anyway, but the team kept it going for a while despite his best efforts. The January window signings just compounded the madness really. Had Burley been left alone the team that started the season may well have challenged Celtic, we'll simply never know, but financially it was always beyond crazy.

To be fair you didn't get that many, so selling them all wouldn't have been that difficult for a club of the stature of Aberdeen.

Of course.

Loads of folk moaning about not getting a ticket because they don't have enough loyalty points :lol:

Fvcking joke.

I want to go to this game but can't get a ticket.

They honestly expect me to go to shitholes like Motherwell and partick so I can build up points!!!

Don't think so,think my time following Aberdeen is about to come to an end,they are clearly just looking after the elite.

:lol:

Fvcking joke.

They honestly expect me to go to shitholes like Motherwell and partick so I can build up points!!!

Don't think so,think my time following Aberdeen is about to come to an end,they are clearly just looking after the elite.

Exactly!

I'll be the guy in the home end who gets chucked out for celebrating when we open the scoring :lol:

Fvcking joke.

You can have mine.

I bought one, but aren't going. Saving myself for Kilmarnock (away).

Tickets for the home end are still available on Hearts' website for anyone who wants to go to the game....

Do Hearts always lie about games being a "sell out"?

Edited by Parklife

Tickets for the home end are still available on Hearts' website for anyone who wants to go to the game....

Do Hearts always lie about games being a "sell out"?

looks like the hospitality section has been released at the back of J and 12 season ticket holders have released their seats in other parts of the ground

looks like the hospitality section has been released at the back of J and 12 season ticket holders have released their seats in other parts of the ground

Empty seats everywhere!

I'd imagine it's normal for a handful of tickets to come up for a "sell out" game.

If there were 2000 tickets available...

Fvcking joke.

What makes tynecastle any different a shithole than Motherwell or Partick ?