League Cup Second Round - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Second Round

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it's obvious the BBC have picked the match they know will get the biggest viewing figure?

Or is there a darker conspiracy that has gone over my head?

If the BBC was a profit making organisation attempting to attract customers you could kind of see that argument.

Ah so they should broadcast things people won't watch. Got you.

That smacks of arrogance, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that.

Plenty would watch Hibs v Aberdeen, just like plenty are bored with an incessant diet of OF guff from the BBC and won't watch that.

Going on your logic - they should have selected the Celtic game.

Don't kid yourself. The mad Tims will sit in and watch our game. How else will they get offended that weekend? :)

From a purely selfish point of view im happy it's our game as I can't go. Have to concede Hibs-Dons is the tie of the round though.

One of the best cup ties I've seen was in the League Cup (Skol Cup) at Brockville.

I was staying in Falkirk (had a summer job at Grangemouth) and went along as a neutral to see them playing Thistle. The atmosphere in the shed was mental, Chic Charnley was indulging in constant banter with the home fans.

Jim Duffy had recently walked out on the Falkirk managers job and was back playing for Thistle. He was getting absolute pelters the whole night but ended up scoring the winning penalty in the shoot out. The ultimate GIRUY!

That was a fantastic evening.

£20 and £10 concessions for Hibees vs Aberdeen Looking forward to a game under the lights to see how we are against SPL. We were very unlucky against the Arabs last season.

Aye, but they're shite.

European Champions, the Famous Aberdeen will be an impossible challenge for your lot.

£20 and £10 concessions for Hibees vs Aberdeen Looking forward to a game under the lights to see how we are against SPL. We were very unlucky against the Arabs last season.

A fiver more than i was expecting. I'll probably still go but i'm a bit pissed off none the less. Charging league prices for the 3rd round of the league cup is a bit farcical IMO.

A fiver more than i was expecting. I'll probably still go but i'm a bit pissed off none the less. Charging league prices for the 3rd round of the league cup is a bit farcical IMO.

we charge more for £22 for the league games believe it or not, so you are getting a bargain! £5 for under 12's if you can get away with that.