National Lottery - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im an onliner too.

Do each draw. Don't have to check. Winnings paid into bank automatically.

Now clearly its mega unlikely to win the top prize but I have no other way of ever having wealth in my life. So it is my only miniscule hope.

And as I have met the Weirs several times at least they prove it does happen to someone somewhere.

I do wish the lottery was nationalised though a private company shouldn't be making vast profits like camelot do.

guy at work used same numbers,most of them came up one week,a sizeable sum was in the offing in excess of 100k,couldnt find the ticket,....deadline passed,no ticket....found the ticket months later in a jacket hanging in the garage...... :yikes3:

sounds strange, as has been said, Camelot can trace back tickets, if you can identify where you bought ticket

Well im an onliner too.

Do each draw. Don't have to check. Winnings paid into bank automatically.

Now clearly its mega unlikely to win the top prize but I have no other way of ever having wealth in my life. So it is my only miniscule hope.

And as I have met the Weirs several times at least they prove it does happen to someone somewhere.

I do wish the lottery was nationalised though a private company shouldn't be making vast profits like camelot do.

You could always take a risk and work hard, you would be surprised where that can get you.

Camelot don't particularly vast profits. Revenue of

Something like 55b but net profit of circa 39m is only marginally better than the return if sticking the money in a bank.

I suspect the money raised for government and pseudo-government bodies is way higher than camelot's profits.

But then again, when has the truth ever been important here?

You would think he would have searched every single garment and turned the house upside down looking for it.

This. If I knew that they were my numbers I'd have a work crew of family/friends to systematically go through everything in the house/car/garage/office/etc until it was found.

It's amazing where things just turn up.

J

I've heard it said if you're a middle aged man in good health don't buy your ticket before Saturday teatime, otherwise there's a greater chance of you dying before the draw than winning it...

Have heard something similar. The odds (14m/1) means you are more likely to get knocked down and killed by a car on your way home from the shop buying your ticket, than you are of your ticket winning the jackpot.

Wow. It's good to see so many folk highlighting how unlikely you are to win the lottery... I'm sure that, up until the TAMB exposed this, everyone who played the lottery really expected to win it...

This. If I knew that they were my numbers I'd have a work crew of family/friends to systematically go through everything in the house/car/garage/office/etc until it was found.

It's amazing where things just turn up.

J

Without a doubt. If you couldn't find it I. the end then youd be ####ed but at least you tried

Actually I work damm hard...but my company hasn't given any pay rise for over 3 years and banned overtime and made several redundant and its a frigging struggle...

Guest flumax

I heard this years ago and thought it bonkers then, but apparently there are still around 10,000 people who put 1,2,3,4,5,6 on every week!....

Why bonkers? Exactly same odds as any other 6 balls. 49P6=49!/43!=/=14 million to 1 Edited by flumax

Why bonkers? Exactly same odds as any other 6 balls. 49P6=/=14 million to 1

Correct, but if 1,2,3,4,5,6 came out the jackpot would be shared amongst a much bigger group than if it were another "random" group of six numbers.