The Ashes 2015 - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Ashes 2015

EddardStark

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England are knd of up the creek here. They have real problems at the top end, with collapses to fifty odd for three in something like eight of their last fourteen test innings. Lots of talk about other players in good form, but guys like Bairstow and Taylor are mid order batsmen, and they're not going to solve the issues of a partner for cook, a number three and Ian Bell

England are knd of up the creek here. They have real problems at the top end, with collapses to fifty odd for three in something like eight of their last fourteen test innings. Lots of talk about other players in good form, but guys like Bairstow and Taylor are mid order batsmen, and they're not going to solve the issues of a partner for cook, a number three and Ian Bell

Cook needs an opening partner prepared to hang around but conversely England need a fast scoring opener as well. Lyth scores quickly but also gets out too quickly and is there a point looking elsewhere as he had the best average as opening batsman in county cricket? The option that springs to mind is Nick Compton as he is more liable to hang around but scores slowly which was a big reason he was axed.

Winning the toss and batting was up there with Hussain's 'I think we'll have a bowl' decision in Brisbane.

Have to give the BBC website a rest, the whooping and a-hollering as these texts come in is annoying.

England asked for the pitch, got the pitch but would still have batted as well. Best toss to lose.

Rain delays are helping my productivity, got my hair cut in the first one now out picking up suites from the dry cleaners.

Leaving a swinging ball and getting clean bowled is my favourite dismissal. Nevill will be seeing that in his sleep .

England asked for the pitch, got the pitch but would still have batted as well. Best toss to lose.

Rain delays are helping my productivity, got my hair cut in the first one now out picking up suites from the dry cleaners.

Leaving a swinging ball and getting clean bowled is my favourite dismissal. Nevill will be seeing that in his sleep .

You put your sofa into the dry cleaner?