Heat Wave - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'd love to go back to the old days when you just opened the windows.

Our place is either a sauna or a fridge.

This.

Although, if you worked with people like I used to, this can lead to 'windae wars'. Someone, usually female, (apologies for the generalisation but in this case it was) would march up from the other end of the office because they had been "getting a draught" from the window that had been opened 3cms for about 5 minutes, which was promptly slammed shut.

Air con avoids all that. Now they just sit there in cardigans shivering when it is 30 degrees C outside.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Welk - was definitely 57C according to the digital street thermometer I saw in Fetihye. Even the locals were girning about the heat which says something

Glasgowmancity - we are in Cala N Forcat. Fourth year running there. Beer and food very reasonable and loads for the bairn to do.

Them digital thingys on the streets are notoriously wrong.

It's pretty chilly in sunny Dundee just now. Heat wave my erse.

This.

Although, if you worked with people like I used to, this can lead to 'windae wars'. Someone, usually female, (apologies for the generalisation but in this case it was) would march up from the other end of the office because they had been "getting a draught" from the window that had been opened 3cms for about 5 minutes, which was promptly slammed shut.

Air con avoids all that. Now they just sit there in cardigans shivering when it is 30 degrees C outside.

Until somebody finds out where the thermostat is hidden.

The Welk - was definitely 57C according to the digital street thermometer I saw in Fetihye. Even the locals were girning about the heat which says something

Glasgowmancity - we are in Cala N Forcat. Fourth year running there. Beer and food very reasonable and loads for the bairn to do.

The record air temperature ever recorded if 56.7C. Was in Death Valley a couple of years back when it got up to 56.4C and it was surprisingly bearable. Sweat evaporated so quickly that you didn't notice the heat (really dangerous!), 45C in other places was much harder to cope with.

It's so nice in greenock that Roman Abrahmovic's yacht is sitting anchored out on the Clyde. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself, I'd post a picture but don't know how to on my mobile to this forum.

he's shit scared to berth it

I also experienced 45 oC in Marmaris in Turkey a good few years ago, tail end of a heatwave over there at the time.

You may have been there same time as me as i was in marmaris aswell during that heatwave.European championships or world cup was on at the time.The place was full of dutch :ok:

Our heatwave in Shetland lasted 5hrs 36mins and it's now raining :crazy: ah well, there's always next year... :ok:

Been sweltering in SE of England. Heatwaves are vastly over rated (think Sun and picture of bikini clad babe at the beach) Reality is its horrible if you're working. Guy in charge of supply teachers at my wife's school said they were finding it hard to get anyone in this week. No great surprise there, work in over heated, poorly ventilated classroom with kids whinging about heat every other minute or take the day off and chill out in the sun-not a difficult decision, I would think.

Love the weather forecast clip ...marvellous stuff